Warhammer 40k

So latest lore they gave calgar the old primaris treatment
He then gets into a tussle with abby himself! Cracks the despoiler with his relic oversized gauntlets and checks his chin a few times but abby has the horus power claw and a godkilling sword thus once its in close he leaves calgar for dead
Confirmed?

I just noticed the mounting pins for the legs. Nice add in
Yup, it's a piece of 1/4" threaded rod so it should epoxy up real nicely when it comes time to permanently connect everything. I wanted a strong structure at the hips because the torso with the arms and weapons is a pretty hefty chunk of plastic.

The trouble is going to be drilling out the legs at the correct angle. The knees have already been epoxied and pinned so the hip angle is really important. You can level the stance with front/rear rotation after the fact, but there is only so much leeway available with how the shin armor is shaped. Thankfully I've already worked out the stance with my 3D models so I'll be printing a jig for each leg that should minimize any issues. I'll also be using a forstner bit so I won't have to worry about the tip for a twist-bit hitting the inner fill structure and deflecting off course (a lesson I learned the hard way when drilling out a different part).

Yup, it's a piece of 1/4" threaded rod so it should epoxy up real nicely when it comes time to permanently connect everything. I wanted a strong structure at the hips because the torso with the arms and weapons is a pretty hefty chunk of plastic.

The trouble is going to be drilling out the legs at the correct angle. The knees have already been epoxied and pinned so the hip angle is really important. You can level the stance with front/rear rotation after the fact, but there is only so much leeway available with how the shin armor is shaped. Thankfully I've already worked out the stance with my 3D models so I'll be printing a jig for each leg that should minimize any issues. I'll also be using a forstner bit so I won't have to worry about the tip for a twist-bit hitting the inner fill structure and deflecting off course (a lesson I learned the hard way when drilling out a different part).
Pinning is always a shit show when models that robust. Good luck man

Warlord Update
Well, the hips are drilled out. I made some special jigs to make sure I got the angle and position correct. Turned out pretty nice. I had to photograph it laying down because nothing is permanently affixed so it can't stand by itself yet. The damn thing is almost the size of a toddler. What you see here is 20 inches, and that's without feet, the upper stacks, or the laser blasters. As a reminder, the standard Imperial Knight Paladin is just over six inches without a carapace weapon.
legs.JPG
Next up is to finish my sanding. I only have a few parts left and I'll call it good enough. Then I'll need to start painting because there's a few parts that cannot be assembled until the insides of them are painted.

Since this is such a big piece I think I'll be buying an airbrush. I've wanted one for years, if just to make priming and basecoating easier. And now I finally have a project that basically demands it.

Oh! Does anybody have any good ideas for a name? I haven't really thought of one yet and every titan needs a good faux-latin name.

Last edited:
Warlord Update
Well, the hips are drilled out. I made some special jigs to make sure I got the angle and position correct. Turned out pretty nice. I had to photograph it laying down because nothing is permanently affixed so it can't stand by itself yet. The damn thing is almost the size of a toddler. What you see here is 20 inches, and that's without feet, the upper stacks, or the laser blasters. As a reminder, the standard Imperial Knight Paladin is just over six inches without a carapace weapon.
Next up is to finish my sanding. I only have a few parts left and I'll call it good enough. Then I'll need to start painting because there's a few parts that cannot be assembled until the insides of them are painted.

Since this is such a big piece I think I'll be buying an airbrush. I've wanted one for years, if just to make priming and basecoating easier. And now I finally have a project that basically demands it.

Oh! Does anybody have any good ideas for a name? I haven't really thought of one yet and every titan needs a good faux-latin name.
Emperus Vult

I've been giving it some thought (and playing with google translate) and I might have one: Detrahere Xenos. Expunge the Alien.

Warlord Update

Fuckus Everything Upus

Munificentissimus Deus (could drop the Deus)

other option

Ineffabilis Deus

Munificentissimus Deus (could drop the Deus)

other option

Ineffabilis Deus
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'd prefer something not so overtly religious. I'm atheist and naming it after a piece of Catholic dogma would just be weird to me.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'd prefer something not so overtly religious. I'm atheist and naming it after a piece of Catholic dogma would just be weird to me.
No problem, they were names I used while playing "Freelancer" (a space sim) and is probably the only latin I can think of that hasn't already been used in the 40k universe.

How about Imperial Truth, 'veritas imperatoria'. It refers to the old atheist doctrine of the Great Crusade, but you could say it's been warped and the current troops don't understand its true meaning.

99120218035_AstreiaSolbrightHiRes01.jpg

When did this come out? I love it. Mostly the lizard-doghorse, but still. The stormcasts or whatever they're called still suck, but at least this one has a modicum of character.

When did this come out? I love it. Mostly the lizard-doghorse, but still. The stormcasts or whatever they're called still suck, but at least this one has a modicum of character.
I honestly don't remember. Stormcast stuff sort of all runs together in my head. Seeing as it's an easy-to-build kit it was probably part of the last big stormcast wave with all the mage stuff.

Also of note: they must have changed critter sculptors for the stormcast because the Gryph-chargers and Dracolines are sooooooooo much better than the original Dracoths:
Gryph-Chargers
99120218022_PalladorsVanguard01.jpg

99120218020_LordAquillar01.jpg
Dracolines
99120218038_CelestialDrocolines01.jpg

Dracoths
99120218009_StormcastDracothianCastelant01.jpg

99120218024_VandusHammerhand01.jpg

I honestly don't remember. Stormcast stuff sort of all runs together in my head. Seeing as it's an easy-to-build kit it was probably part of the last big stormcast wave with all the mage stuff.

Also of note: they must have changed critter sculptors for the stormcast because the Gryph-chargers and Dracolines are sooooooooo much better than the original Dracoths:
Gryph-Chargers

Dracolines

Dracoths

They are just an eyesore on the corpse of WHFB

Gryph-Chargers

Dracolines

Dracoths

Looking through the AoS catalogue on Games Workshop's website, I realize there's a whole bunch of models that must have come out in the last year or so that have escaped my notice.

I knew about the sea elf releases (which included a lineup of almost consistently awesome models, or at least models that were consistently 75 percent awesome and 25 percent derp).
And the steampunk dwarves (which included one or two awesome models, and at least a pretty interesting theme and style overall).
And one or two other models, mostly those that have been posted itt at the time of their release.
Besides that I only recall seeing the stuff released the first year(s) after AoS was introduced, which for the most part consisted of pretty horribly generic stuff (sigmarines, spiky chaos warriors, barefoot strawberry dwarves etc).

But now I find new, really nice models for just about every warhammer race on the website.

Guess modern social media has made me lazy- I expect that any news I'm interested in will automatically find their way into my feeds, without me making an effort to seek them out.

Back