Ward or Gatti vs Provodnikov

He gave a world-class, top 10 P4P (top 5 at the time) fighter the hardest fight of his life.

And in the process peed black, spit blood and had cuts please change your avi you don't deserve that picture maybe Golovkin will fit you better.

I'd bet my life savings Ruslan wouldn't get as badly massacred by PBF as Gatti did.

Are you trying to say he didn't? or....

And in the process peed black, spit blood and had cuts please change your avi you don't deserve that picture maybe Golovkin will fit you better.

lmaooooo "He suffered physical effects from being punched so he can't beat Arturo Gatti and Micky Ward who are tailor made for his style"

Because Arturo Gatti and Micky Ward are world-beaters

:rolleyes:

You guys act like I'm saying he'd beat Lennox Lewis

I did see that. "I'd give Mayweather a lot of problems!"

lol.

Yes, Mayweather would never be able to figure out a guy with a 3 punch repertoire.

Do you watch fights or just YouTube highlight reels? Provodnikov hit Bradley with every punch in the goddamn book. Thankfully, Bradley's unbelievably durable and was able to take it and give it right back but Provodnikov has more than 3 punches. His jab is very underrated.

And yes, Mayweather would shut him out but this thread isn't about Mayweather. It's about 2 brawlers in Gatti and Ward.

I'd bet my life savings Ruslan wouldn't get as badly massacred by PBF as Gatti did.

You'd be in the poorhouse then.

Floyd does whatever he wants to Provodnikov. Maybe doesn't stop him but wins 120-108ish.

Do you watch fights or just YouTube highlight reels? Provodnikov hit Bradley with every punch in the goddamn book. Thankfully, Bradley's unbelievably durable and was able to take it and give it right back but Provodnikov has more than 3 punches. His jab is very underrated.

And yes, Mayweather would shut him out but this thread isn't about Mayweather. It's about 2 brawlers in Gatti and Ward.

I'm familiar with Provodnikov. I've watched him since he first showed up on ESPN and I've never been impressed with him. He's power. Nothing more. He has very little boxing ability and looks exactly the same against everyone. He's a mediocre finisher too. He looks like one of those toy monkeys with the cymbals when he's looking for the finish. Gatti would slip right under those goofball hooks and counter with his own.

Ward, it really comes down to who backs up who and if you look at how both guys start fights, thats going to be Ward.Whats Provodnikov going to do when he's got his back on the ropes and Ward is unloading on him? Suddenly turn into a slick boxer?

You guys are grossly overestimating Provodnikov.

The best thing he's ever done was for Bradley to show up and fight him like a retard.

I'm familiar with Provodnikov. I've watched him since he first showed up on ESPN and I've never been impressed with him. He's power. Nothing more. He has very little boxing ability and looks exactly the same against everyone. He's a mediocre finisher too. He looks like one of those toy monkeys with the cymbals when he's looking for the finish. Gatti would slip right under those goofball hooks and counter with his own.

Ward, it really comes down to who backs up who and if you look at how both guys start fights, thats going to be Ward.Whats Provodnikov going to do when he's got his back on the ropes and Ward is unloading on him? Suddenly turn into a slick boxer?

You guys are grossly overestimating Provodnikov.

The best thing he's ever done was for Bradley to show up and fight him like a retard.

I think Bradley fighting him like a retard was the best thing he did in that fight. Bradley was getting beat to the punch when he tried boxing Ruslan and when he started to get inside and just spam punches, he connected more and did more damage. So the brawling style is a good thing against Ruslan.

But Ward and Gatti don't have the smarts or the physical abilities of a Timothy Bradley. They also might not really be as durable.

As for who backs up who in Ward/Provo, I don't think either guy backs up. I think they go forehead-to-forehead and unload on each other with Provo hanging on late and edging a decision.

I think Bradley fighting him like a retard was the best thing he did in that fight. Bradley was getting beat to the punch when he tried boxing Ruslan and when he started to get inside and just spam punches, he connected more and did more damage. So the brawling style is a good thing against Ruslan.

But Ward and Gatti don't have the smarts or the physical abilities of a Timothy Bradley. They also might not really be as durable.

As for who backs up who in Ward/Provo, I don't think either guy backs up. I think they go forehead-to-forehead and unload on each other with Provo hanging on late and edging a decision.

You think Provodnikov deserved the nod in the Bradley fight?

You think Provodnikov deserved the nod in the Bradley fight?

Not really. 1st and 2nd should have been 10-8's, IMO, but the knockdown wasn't counted and Bradley fought back like a true champion so no, not really. Ruslan gave him the fight of his life though and inflicted much more punishment than Pacquiao did in a winning effort.

Also, people gotta stop shitting on Golovkin. I don't know if that's what badstoppage was trying to do, but he wouldn't be the first. Golovkin is highly gifted technically and he's as strong as a bear. He doesn't have the big names on his resume yet but give him time. He's still a prospect in many ways. It's not his fault that Macklin's his best win.

Also, people gotta stop shitting on Golovkin. I don't know if that's what badstoppage was trying to do, but he wouldn't be the first. Golovkin is highly gifted technically and he's as strong as a bear. He doesn't have the big names on his resume yet but give him time. He's still a prospect in many ways. It's not his fault that Macklin's his best win.

He's 32 years old and has never fought a man who ever held a belt in his weight class ever. It's funny that you hate Floyd while loving Golovkin and Ruslan. Floyd the wrong color for you? Ruslan is fighting a brave prospect in Algeri because he's simple as hell and his team is terrified he will lose before he gets Bradley, Marquez or Manny.

lol wat?

Both are more durable, and both hit much harder than Bradley.

I disagree. They both definitely hit harder but I don't think Gatti is more durable at all and Ward's about equally as durable. Bradley's much more athletic and smart though.

He's 32 years old and has never fought a man who ever held a belt in his weight class ever. It's funny that you hate Floyd while loving Golovkin and Ruslan. Floyd the wrong color for you? Ruslan is fighting a brave prospect in Algeri because he's simple as hell and his team is terrified he will lose before he gets Bradley, Marquez or Manny.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Who said anything about Floyd?

I disagree. They both definitely hit harder but I don't think Gatti is more durable at all and Ward's about equally as durable. Bradley's much more athletic and smart though.

How does you think this? Both guys are known for taking extensive, savage beatings and coming back. Bradley has never shown anything even close to that. He almost got taken out by Ruslan like 3 times, and did not look durable at all, barely surviving, and on queer street.

I honestly have no idea how one could make that statement, troll job?

How does you think this? Both guys are known for taking extensive, savage beatings and coming back. Bradley has never shown anything even close to that. He almost got taken out by Ruslan like 3 times, and did not look durable at all, barely surviving, and on queer street.

I honestly have no idea how one could make that statement, troll job?

No I think he's just stupid, he compared Robert Guerrero to Genaro Hernandez, I've been on boxing forums 8 years that's the dumbest comment I've ever heard, so yeah he's pretty stupid

I like Tim Bradley, people here know this.

But he is flawed and possibly mentally weak. He doesn't really take a shot well, he just manages to stay on his feet when most guys would go down, which is impressive in a way but it also means that he's been hit cleanly often enough in enough fights for us to know. I was amazed that Provodnikov couldn't get Bradley out of there. The guy was falling all over himself.

Back