Ward or Gatti vs Provodnikov

I had that thought before I made that post honestly. I really don't see how saying Provodnikov is better than Gatti is something that makes any sense to anyone actually familiar with both guys.

What I think you have is people seeing Ruslan vs Bradley and Alvarado where Bradley was told to fight exciting something Rigo has also said Bob told him and his reward was 9 million in ppv money for Manny and Marquez and they saw him look good vs Alvarado who Marquez and Rios showed is beatable.

I'm hoping Algeri boxes circles around this hype job so these guys can look foolish

The REF stops Ward from taking a beating...:icon_chee

Certainly, because that happened a lot.

Im really questioning how much of Micky people in this thread have seen. Many comments are making me think nothing outside of Marky Mark's version.

Rusan would have folded like a lawn chair in this shit.

Ward has heart and a great left hook to the body but he is a journey man fighter.

Siberian rocky is so tough mentally and physically. Added in with a great trainer. This is only the beginning for Ruslan.

Ward has heart and a great left hook to the body but he is a journey man fighter.

Siberian rocky is so tough mentally and physically. Added in with a great trainer. This is only the beginning for Ruslan.

Even you could check that White boy

The journey man fighter is a savage brawler and can match everything Ruslan has. I can interchange Ward's name in your description of him.

Yes he is but in the end this is just a fantasy match up and final thoughts are only opinion.

Thunder vs rocky would be a more even bout. Thunder's boxing, iron chin, and heart against ruslan's relentless style and power.

It's only fantasy and opinion but you guys are hyping Ruslan out of this world, I'm not sure he can beat Algieri clean.

Provodnikov will be a journeyman by the time he retires too.

Landing a few punches on Bradley does not make a great fighter. This is getting ridiculous.

Ward was not a great boxer by any means, but the only way I see Provodnikov stopping him is by cut. Ward was tough as they come.

And honestly, as sloppy as Ward was technically, I really don't think Provodnikov is any better.

Funny enough Hatton did way better against Floyd than Gatti did....Despite them both being pretty similar fighters...Hatton actually gave Floyd some trouble and won a few rounds where as Gatti gave Floyd 0 trouble.

Funny enough Hatton did way better against Floyd than Gatti did....Despite them both being pretty similar fighters...Hatton actually gave Floyd some trouble and won a few rounds where as Gatti gave Floyd 0 trouble.

Gatti couldn't beat someone who could box like that. I think the De La Hoya fight was more competitive than people recall for a few rounds though.

Gatti couldn't beat someone who could box like that. I think the De La Hoya fight was more competitive than people recall for a few rounds though.

Mayweather was just on that night (against Gatti) and would have smashed any opponent he fought on that particular day...Against Hatton Floyd looked a bit shaky early on, but than got it together and looked very good later on in the fight...

Styles make fights and sometimes Fighters just have worse performances/off nights/great performances....Imagine if the Mayweather who fought Gatti/Marquez went back in time and replaced the Mayweather that fought Victoriano Sosa....That version of Floyd would have smashed him so badly but Sosa actually gave the "off night" Mayweather a tough fight.

Alot of boxing is just who has a better night on that given night....The fight math (this guy beat this guy so this guy beats that guy is garbage)....Humans don't perform at there best all the time.

Dana summed it up nicely on Barao vs Dillashaw

1:35-2:15

No...It's because Gatti and Hatton are stylistically two completely different fighters. Gatti boxes and brawls in the middle of the ring, Hatton drives you to the ropes and mauls you on the inside with body and head blows never giving you space. Gatti GIVES space to light you up. Gatti wants to slip a punch or two, maybe take one on the way in to hit you, Gatti boxes, Ricky does something else. Floyd came out to prove a point he'd been saying it all the way up to the Gatti fight that he was going to embarrass Gatti. He come out offensively and took Gatti apart before he could even get started. Floyd was first all night and wanted to destroy Gatti. He was moving up in weight for the first time felt disrespected, it was hit first PPV, etc.
Gatti stood in the middle of the ring thinking he could read and catch Floyd and instead watched his ass get waxed all over the ring cause he tried to box with him.

Hatton for the most part didnt allow any space and came right at Floyd right away and Floyd preferred to wait and watch. Once he saw what was going on, he promptly put Hatton out with about the same ease he did Gatti.
Mayweather was just on that night (against Gatti) and would have smashed any opponent he fought on that particular day...Against Hatton Floyd looked a bit shaky early on, but than got it together and looked very good later on in the fight...

Styles make fights and sometimes Fighters just have worse performances/off nights/great performances....Imagine if the Mayweather who fought Gatti/Marquez went back in time and replaced the Mayweather that fought Victoriano Sosa....That version of Floyd would have smashed him so badly but Sosa actually gave the "off night" Mayweather a tough fight.

Alot of boxing is just who has a better night on that given night....The fight math (this guy beat this guy so this guy beats that guy is garbage)....Humans don't perform at there best all the time.

Dana summed it up nicely on Barao vs Dillashaw

1:35-2:15

You really used Dana describing an MMA fight to help explain your point?

Gatti was a completely shopworn paper titlist when he fought Mayweather. Even in his prime he was never anything more than a mediocre boxer that made full advantage of the day-before-the-fight weigh in's.

But Provodnikov never even hurt him. Matthysse dropped him like 8 times. Dulorme dropped him, Freddy Hernandez stopped him, Maidana dropped him, Bracero dropped him....

In fact, Provodnikov has never stopped anyone of note aside from Mike Alvarado. Hate to break it to you but JCC > Mile High Mike.

No, retard, Chavez, at 43 years of age, wasn't better than Alvarado; having actually seen post-De La Hoya ll Chavez fights (including a lopsided loss to Willy Wise) I've a fair idea of what level he was performing at the time and what he had left, which was fuck all.

Using your asinine logic, Freddy Hernandez >>>> Maidana, right? :icon_lol:

I honestly think you have no idea what you're talking about, I find it hard to even be insulted.

It's not a particularly difficult idea to grasp: you post here because the overall knowledge not this sport and it's history is piss poor, which allows you to be as stupid and ignorant as possible without ever being corrected. The real, knowledgeable posters in this section up and left a while back.

So are you saying your an idiot next time Ruslan loses? I doubt it. You just saw Bradley vs Ruslan and now think Ruslan is great.

What are you babbling on about, dolt? I'm not a fan of Provodnikov, nor do I rate him all that particularly highly - I'm just not stupid and retarded enough to think that he doesn't destroy a totally shot Julio Cesar Chavez, ya dig, newb?

Last edited:
Gatti is a HOFer and rightfully so. The guy was a titlist in multiple divisions and involved with FOTY many times.

Gatti is the primary reason why that organisation is such a joke. He was an average fighter who's greatest success came against opponents considerably smaller than himself. Just a better marketed, more hyped-up version of Frank Fletcher.

These guys are probably the Golovkin beats Hagler crowd, he's insulting this place but it's much smarter than Boxingscene. Most of those guys don't know who Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler or Sam Langford.

LOL @ this dude thinking name-dropping a few historical fighters (some obscure names there, brev :rolleyes:) makes him some astute historian. Guy's scope is so f*cking limited that he had to resort to listing someone so closely associated with Pep after struggling to think of anyone else.

Gatti was a completely shopworn paper titlist when he fought Mayweather. Even in his prime he was never anything more than a mediocre boxer that made full advantage of the day-before-the-fight weigh in's.
LOL Ok so here we go again someone else discounting a victory cause of what YOU think Gatti's condition was when he fought Floyd.

Gatti, A 33yr old current WBC Light WW Champion with a 39-6 record with 30 KOs and coming off of a 4 fight title defense win streak is considered old and shopworn...OK.

He won a vacant title and defended it against legit competition several times.

No one debates Gatti was a mediocre boxer compared to that eras best. But we're comparing him to Provodnikov. Not Mayweather, De La Hoya, Tszyu etc.

No, retard, Chavez, at 43 years of age, wasn't better than Alvarado; having actually seen post-De La Hoya ll Chavez fights (including a lopsided loss to Willy Wise) I've a fair idea of what level he was performing at the time and what he had left, which was fuck all.

Using your asinine logic, Freddy Hernandez >>>> Maidana, right? :icon_lol:

any version of Chavez > Alvarado. I think you read his record on boxrec and are trying to sell it as though you've seen it.

I honestly have no idea where you came up with the Hernandez > Maidana thing. I can't make heads or tails out of what that is supposed to mean.

It's not a particularly difficult idea to grasp: you post here because the overall knowledge not this sport and it's history is piss poor, which allows you to be as stupid and ignorant as possible without ever being corrected. The real, knowledgeable posters in this section up and left a while back.
lol, sort of exposed yourself with that last comment. What shitty, previously banned poster are you?

You call Gatti a paper champion, nothing like the great Provodnikov right? Its not like Provodnikov was gifted a title fighting a guy who had never fought at 140 pounds or anything right? Oh yeah, it was exactly that. Difference being that Gatti actually defended his title against guys ranked at the weight. So in your own example, Provodnikov falls short compared to Gatti. Self ownage.

I'm just not stupid and retarded

Yes, you are. your points are stupid and retarded. I still don't get the Freddy Hernandez >>>>>>>>>>Maidana thing. Your arguments are complete shit, and you know it , which is why you got up on your soapbox at the end of the post. Literally no one here agrees with anything you've said. Everyone here knows the sport better than you too.

Frankly, you sound like you threw yourself into a stupid argument to try to prove you're not stupid and tried to support it with some boxrec nonsense that you've spent a couple of days rehearsing.

The bit about the "knowledgable posters" gave you away. Either you're some loser who has spent the last two days searching over posts about people on this site, or you're from one of those shit sites and are just here trolling. I suspect the former. Either is pathetic.

LOL Ok so here we go again someone else discounting a victory cause of what YOU think Gatti's condition was when he fought Floyd.

Gatti, A 33yr old current WBC Light WW Champion with a 39-6 record with 30 KOs and coming off of a 4 fight title defense win streak is considered old and shopworn...OK.

He didn't read Gatti's boxrec, just Chavez senior's. Give him a break. I'm surprised he managed that.

Gatti is the primary reason why that organisation is such a joke. He was an average fighter who's greatest success came against opponents considerably smaller than himself. Just a better marketed, more hyped-up version of Frank Fletcher.

LOL @ this dude thinking name-dropping a few historical fighters (some obscure names there, brev :rolleyes:) makes him some astute historian. Guy's scope is so f*cking limited that he had to resort to listing someone so closely associated with Pep after struggling to think of anyone else.

Wait, the IBHOF is a joke now?

130.gif

You should have quit while you were behind.
You try to insult a poster about name dropping but try to compare Gatti to Frank Fletcher, another idiotic comparison.

Back