Ward or Gatti vs Provodnikov

Oh dear, that's your line of argument is it, pleb? Beyond the fact that Corley had a lot more left at the time he fought Provodnikov, was a completely different style, this seems the exact sort of argument one would have used to argue against Provodnikov being able to stop Alvarado last October (wouldn't at all surprise me if you used it, actually.)

But Provodnikov never even hurt him. Matthysse dropped him like 8 times. Dulorme dropped him, Freddy Hernandez stopped him, Maidana dropped him, Bracero dropped him....

In fact, Provodnikov has never stopped anyone of note aside from Mike Alvarado. Hate to break it to you but JCC > Mile High Mike.

Of course you would; you're a clueless spastic that doesn't know any better. Posting on an MMA forum for so long and not having anyone intelligent enough to correct you has enabled you be as stupid and ignorant as you wish.
I honestly think you have no idea what you're talking about, I find it hard to even be insulted.

LMFAOOOO @ this goof thinking there's even a remote chance of a decrepit, shot-to-shit, 43 year old Chavez going the distance with Provodnikov, much less actually having a chance of actually winning (that is what you meant by him not being able to match Robinson's performance, right? :redface:)
So are you saying your an idiot next time Ruslan loses? I doubt it. You just saw Bradley vs Ruslan and now think Ruslan is great.

But Provodnikov never even hurt him. Matthysse dropped him like 8 times. Dulorme dropped him, Freddy Hernandez stopped him, Maidana dropped him, Bracero dropped him....

In fact, Provodnikov has never stopped anyone of note aside from Mike Alvarado. Hate to break it to you but JCC > Mile High Mike.

I honestly think you have no idea what you're talking about, I find it hard to even be insulted.
These guys are probably the Golovkin beats Hagler crowd, he's insulting this place but it's much smarter than Boxingscene. Most of those guys don't know who Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler or Sam Langford.

You don't have to be great to be better than Ward and Gatti, two mediocre fighters.

Gatti is a HOFer and rightfully so. The guy was a titlist in multiple divisions and involved with FOTY many times.

Comparing him to Provodnikov is comical. Gatti was better in literally every way.

I'm certainly not saying Ward was great, but a bad fight for Provodnikov and more accomplished than Provodnikov at that.

Again, Provodnicovs best accomplishments are two losses to recognizable names and a win over Alvarado.

Honestly, I can't see how you support Provodnikov being the better fighter. Its absurd.

Gatti is a HOFer and rightfully so. The guy was a titlist in multiple divisions and involved with FOTY many times.

Comparing him to Provodnikov is comical. Gatti was better in literally every way.

I'm certainly not saying Ward was great, but a bad fight for Provodnikov and more accomplished than Provodnikov at that.

Again, Provodnicovs best accomplishments are two losses to recognizable names and a win over Alvarado.

Honestly, I can't see how you support Provodnikov being the better fighter. Its absurd.
Maybe he really is just trolling

Maybe he really is just trolling

I had that thought before I made that post honestly. I really don't see how saying Provodnikov is better than Gatti is something that makes any sense to anyone actually familiar with both guys.

Gatti actually outboxes Provo enough to pull out a close win that looks like a FOTY at times. Ward, gets himself into a war right away and the ref eventually stops it, due to the ugly swelling and cuts Mickey sustains while walking Provo down talking bombs on the way in.

I had that thought before I made that post honestly. I really don't see how saying Provodnikov is better than Gatti is something that makes any sense to anyone actually familiar with both guys.

I stopped bothering when he posted a video of Pac missing a punch of shots on Bradley

Gatti actually had some boxing skill on par with Bradley and actually knew how to bang without throwing winging looping shots off balanced. A Pac Gatti fight would've been a nice one to watch.

Gatti actually had some boxing skill on par with Bradley and actually knew how to bang without throwing winging looping shots off balanced. A Pac Gatti fight would've been a nice one to watch.

A lot of this.

Bradley tends to throw combos from being squared up, and kind of "winging"punches.

However, he is not the fastest, and he is certainly not the strongest, and the way he throws punches, it leaves pockets of open defense.

Someone like Gatti, is skilled enough to alter the angle of his punches and adapt a bit. I am confident he could absorb a number of Bradley's shots, and be able to see this openings in the process. Bradley has hit opponent after opponent with shots, and cant stop them. Gatti would just keep throwing, until he found the appropriate angle to land.

I see Ward easily being able to absorb in the same way. However, I do not see Ward being able to adapt as quickly. I see Bradley tagging Ward all night, but never really doing significant dmg. Ward MAY land a big shot to get a KD, that Bradley would be able to box through, and still come out.

I just see Gatti being to persistent, durable, and the underraed quality of adaptable for Bradley.

For instance, Floyd vs Gatti, Floyd was too tight for someone like him, and with his speed, he could attack and defend in the same moments, without Gatti being able to do anything. Bradley is not as fast, not as defensive or skilled, and not as sharp (everyone says mayweather hits harder than expected, and it shows with their body language). But Bradley ate everything Floyd had for 6 rounds, and the corner had to step in.

Gatti absorbs everything Tim throws, and in the process lands 3-4 big shots over the fight, with the last eventually stopping Tim with the follow up barrage into a TKO or outright KO

As for Pac, I see Pac being too fast, strong, and accurate as well. Bradley could evade a bit vs Pac, but Gatti would not. def a TKO... but not a KO for Pac

Gatti beats Provo, Provo vs Ward is a toss up.
Bradley beats all 3 of them.

Like Gatti a lot. Prime version vs Siberan Rocky is a toss up.

Ruslan stops Ward.

Back