Ward or Gatti vs Provodnikov

I certainly don't think Ward was some incredible talent. He was basically just a tough brawler, like a better Brandon Rios.

That is pretty much how I summed him up.

I honestly think Ward would kill Rios if they were around at the same time. Can you imagine Rios being a punching bag for those body shots? Wow.

Oh I see. You Watch The Fighter and believe Ward is Some Unbeatable Warrior or some BS. Ward was not good fighter. He wasn't. Sorry the Movie lied to you. Ward wasn't a top fighter in his day and wouldn't be today. He is in the same class as Provo,Alverdo and Rios.

Funny story, I've never seen The Fighter but it's about to Premier on TNT and I'm going to watch it after the fights. Anyway you're way to harsh on Ward, I doubt we'll remember Alvarado 15 years from now and Rios is basically a guy who to diuretics to make 135 and now that he's been popped was talking about a 150 catchweight vs Omar Chavez before Diego fight got made.

What you don't get is that Ruslan vs Ward would be a test of super willed fighters but due to the way Ruslan cuts he'll be a bloody mess. In more down on Ruslan that hyping Ward, I think you're blowing up Ruslan to way more than he is.

It weird to hear someone say "Provodnikov looked average until the bradley fight."

He looked average in the Bradley fight too. He landed a few god shots, gassed out and then got worked over for the most part.

Not sure if people saw 2 days with yesterday but Ruslan's people say he peed black after the fight. Tim Bradley made him piss black, what you think Ward and Gatti will do to him?

Both would be great fights. I'd favor Gatti by a decent margin. I think Provodnikov would beat Ward in a war. Ward might catch him with the hook to the body, but I think Provodnikov is just a little too strong for him.

Ward took some pretty vicious beatings and kept coming. I don't know if he ever fought someone with Provo's power though.

It weird to hear someone say "Provodnikov looked average until the bradley fight."

He looked average in the Bradley fight too. He landed a few god shots, gassed out and then got worked over for the most part.

He didn't gas out, Bradley worked the body and slowed him a down a great deal...Bradley hurt him several times with body shots in the mid rounds...

Despite being hurt and out boxed by a great boxer, Prov managed to floor Bradley again in the 12th.

Prov is a fu*king monster and will continue to shock skeptics.

He didn't gas out, Bradley worked the body and slowed him a down a great deal...Bradley hurt him several times with body shots in the mid rounds...

Despite being hurt and out boxed by a great boxer, Prov managed to floor Bradley again in the 12th.

Ugh if Bradley hurt him to the body what will Ward do? His fighting Algeri and he'll now go on a bum tour like Golovkin.

Not sure if people saw 2 days with yesterday but Ruslan's people say he peed black after the fight. Tim Bradley made him piss black, what you think Ward and Gatti will do to him?

Rhabdomyolysis, not uncommon after a brutal fight.

The body work is why I think Ward gives Ruslan the business.

I said he has power and he does. Power can get you pretty close to the top, but not all the way there. The Bradley fight supports that.

he has power AND some very good legs too.

a dangerous combination even for A level fighters.

Rhabdomyolysis, not uncommon after a brutal fight.

The body work is why I think Ward gives Ruslan the business.
That and the way Ruslan's face cuts makes me think it ends badly for him.

I've heard of throwing up, peeing blood and seeing dots but black urine sounds as strange as it gets.

He gassed. He threw a shitload of punches trying to get Bradley out of there and had nothing for several rounds.

He gassed. He threw a shitload of punches trying to get Bradley out of there and had nothing for several rounds.

Yeah, but you have to look at context. Ruslan went into that fight thinking he needed to get Bradley out of there to win. No way to trust the cards in that one. It adds another element.

That said, I think Gatti beat Prod and Prod beats Ward

I don't know if he ever fought someone with Provo's power though.

He had 3 fights with Gatti, and took everything he had. Prov is good, but he does not hit nearly as hard as Gatti. Gatti KOed some people as bad as Julian Jackson did. Prov has never done anything similar that I know of, let alone somewhat consistently.

He had 3 fights with Gatti, and took everything he had. Prov is good, but he does not hit nearly as hard as Gatti. Gatti KOed some people as bad as Julian Jackson did. Prov has never done anything similar that I know of, let alone somewhat consistently.

I think you're overrating Gatti's power.

I think you are all overrating Provo.

I think you're overrating Gatti's power.

I think you are all overrating Provo.
Gatti had real power.
Many times he was in a position where you'd say "Gatti is done here, they need to stop this," and then one shot changes the whole fight.

Gatti was no slick boxer but he could fight his ass off and hit like a train.

Yeah you might be right. Gatti really put his WHOLE body into his shots. Those wide hooks to the body made some serious noise when they landed flush.

ITT: a bunch of idiots who don't know boxing

Provo downright kills Gatti and edges Ward.

Back