War Room OT Discussion v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever applied for federal jobs? Some of them take forever, I got a conditional offer for a job I applied to TWO YEARS earlier. Lmao. Sorry I’m not gonna take a pay cut to move to Saipan now, I’ve got a wife and kid and home.

Ever applied for federal jobs? Some of them take forever, I got a conditional offer for a job I applied to TWO YEARS earlier. Lmao. Sorry I’m not gonna take a pay cut to move to Saipan now, I’ve got a wife and kid and home.
I haven't even bothered looking at Federal jobs cause most in my career field I would imagine ask me to move to Virginia/Maryland/the East Coast and I just kinda, don't want to do that honestly

@Animal Cracker

Actually, how the fuck does one find/apply for Federal jobs? State's and counties have websites for everything under their jurisdiction but the Federal stuff is so broken up by department I wouldn't even know where to go.

@Animal Cracker

Actually, how the fuck does one find/apply for Federal jobs? State's and counties have websites for everything under their jurisdiction but the Federal stuff is so broken up by department I wouldn't even know where to go.
Usajobs is a good start iirc.

Also there can be listings at individual offices and depts, though.

Usajobs is a good start iirc.

Also there can be listings at individual offices and depts, though.
Like I know for FBI and Secret Service you have to go through them so wasn't sure on other positions in other departments. I think CIA you have to apply through them too

@Animal Cracker

Usajobs .gov

Or go to like the DOJ, CIA, etc. websites and they sometimes have stuff posted.

Like I know for FBI and Secret Service you have to go through them so wasn't sure on other positions in other departments. I think CIA you have to apply through them too

Secret Service posts on usajobs

You can filter your search by locality too, so say you want to stay in a certain region you can search just in WA state or whatever

You can filter your search by locality too, so say you want to stay in a certain region you can search just in WA state or whatever
I figure I'm open to every where but super high cost of living states like CA or NY.

I know that will limit me some but I don't want to take a 110% pay increase but have a 200% COL increase

I figure I'm open to every where but super high cost of living states like CA or NY.

I know that will limit me some but I don't want to take a 110% pay increase but have a 200% COL increase
Note that Western/upstate NY has a pretty low cost of living.

Well most federal jobs have cost of living adjustments, and some small areas with high COL have “retention pay” which is really great. I had a job with both of those and it made it possible to live in a super high COL area of Hawaii.

Edit: the retention bonuses might be tough to find for a federal court position though, I think they’re mostly limited to really rural areas.

Last edited:
Note that Western/upstate NY has a pretty low cost of living.
Will keep in mind.

Part of me wanting to avoid those states too is a bit selfish. I have non-CA compliant ARs and non-compliant NY just guns in general and would rather not dump those off on my dad/have to sell them

Well most federal jobs have cost of living adjustments, and some small areas with high COL have “retention pay” which is really great. I had a job with both of those and it made it possible to live in a super high COL area of Hawaii.
Hot damn, will keep in mind.

That's a fair point. Another fair point is that while they are relatively precise, they do cause collateral damage and they aren't *as* precise as advertised. But I just wanted to make it clear that, no they aren't anything near as imprecise as @Cubo de Sangre claimed. If they were, the whole case for using them would be gone.

It wasn't my claim. It was a widely reported statistic that as far as I know came from government info. Not like I was out gathering data, dude. So let's just say they had a bad five months and stats are more consistently like those reported in your link. So? It's still a fuckton of dead non-targets and I think comparing the carnage to warfare misses the mark. It should be compared to results you'd expect from the police. Terrorists are simply criminals. They are not one nation starting conflict with another.

You're welcome to disagree. If getting something off your chest allows you to move on from tagging me in that sounds like progress. :cool:

Wait, check that... Reviewing Applications.

The fucking posting closed January 12th WHY IS IT STILL IN THIS STAGE ASSHOLES?! If it's been filled fucking update it to that so I stop looking... Spokane County did that why can't King, Pierce, or the State of Utah do that? Fuckers.

Not sure you've got the sort of temperament an employer would be looking for. :eek::D

Where you at in da 808?

Not sure you've got the sort of temperament an employer would be looking for. :eek::D
Off the internet I am pretty quiet and calm unless I'm at home playing video games with friends.

My boss loves me.

It wasn't my claim. It was a widely reported statistic that as far as I know came from government info. Not like I was out gathering data, dude. So let's just say they had a bad five months and stats are more consistently like those reported in your link. So? It's still a fuckton of dead non-targets and I think comparing the carnage to warfare misses the mark. It should be compared to results you'd expect from the police. Terrorists are simply criminals. They are not one nation starting conflict with another.

You're welcome to disagree. If getting something off your chest allows you to move on from tagging me in that sounds like progress. :cool:

Where you at in da 808?

Now, Kahului. But I’ve worked on all of the islands except Niihau lmao.

Edit: yes, even Kahoolawe doing some explosives disposal

Will keep in mind.

Part of me wanting to avoid those states too is a bit selfish. I have non-CA compliant ARs and non-compliant NY just guns in general and would rather not dump those off on my dad/have to sell them

Hot damn, will keep in mind.

If you're taking pitches on relocation areas, St. Louis is the 9th largest metro area and has some of the lowest living costs of any major American metropolis. We have one of the best museum scenes in the United States, relatively low traffic, the best healthcare in the United States, and a bustling East Asian community through our universities and hospitals.

If you're taking pitches on relocation areas, St. Louis is the 9th largest metro area and has some of the lowest living costs of any major American metropolis. We have one of the best museum scenes in the United States, relatively low traffic, the best healthcare in the United States, and a bustling East Asian community through our universities and hospitals.
Racist..... :p

I'll look into it though, thanks. I know Oldfuck (aka @Fawlty) is in that area too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back