War Room OT Discussion v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm and there’s no room for advancement or raises? Or maybe you’d have to move to get into a higher court?
I'm applying to other Courts outside of mine.

There's no raises other than the yearly one everyone gets and advancement only happens when other people retire.

On 26 September 1983, the nuclear early-warning system of the Soviet Union reported the launch of multiple USAFMinutemanintercontinental ballistic missiles from bases in theUnited States. These missile attack warnings were correctly identified as a false alarm by Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov, an officer of the Soviet Air Defence Forces. This decision is seen as having prevented a retaliatory nuclear attack based on erroneous data on the United States and its NATO allies, which would have probably resulted in immediate escalation of the cold-warstalemate to a full-scale nuclear war. Investigation of the satellite warning system later confirmed that the system had malfunctioned.

Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov (Russian: Станисла́в Евгра́фович Петро́в; 7 September 1939 – 19 May 2017) was a lieutenant colonel of the Soviet Air Defence Forces who became known as "the man who single-handedly saved the world from nuclear war" for his role in the 1983 Soviet nuclear false alarm incident.

On 26 September 1983, just three weeks after the Soviet military had shot down Korean Air Lines Flight 007, Petrov was the duty officer at the command center for the Oko nuclear early-warning system when the system reported that a missile had been launched from the United States, followed by up to five more. Petrov judged the reports to be a false alarm,[1] and his decision to disobey orders, against Soviet military protocol,[2] is credited with having prevented an erroneous retaliatory nuclear attack on the United States and its NATO allies that could have resulted in large-scale nuclear war. Investigation later confirmed that the Soviet satellite warning system had indeed malfunctioned.[3]

Last edited:
my buddy just announced he was having a kid. I said this Gibran quote should be made into a card and sent it to him:

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Gibran and Einstein even look alike. lol. And preach the same thing. tolerance. free thought. both poetic spirits. not a coincidence.

Can I get one of you guys to stab me in the throat? I sold Tesla. I can see why people jump off buildings. It is a sting.

Note that Cubo's claim about the civilian death rate is absurdly exaggerated (takes an anomalous period as normal). See: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...alties_would_be_much_higher_without_them.html. Of course saying that drone warfare is better for civilians of a country than other forms of warfare is not to say that it's not horrible.

One of the most disappointing things of the Trump era is seeing the extent to which right-wing "libertarians" are willing to put what they can claimed to be their ideology below partisanship. Evangelicals, too. Something that most people had at least suspected, but still sad to see it confirmed.
I think one of the issues with the drone program is that it facilitates military action to the point of making it too easy. You're right that its preferable to other forms of war but consider the two countries in your article that are frequently mentioned when it comes to the drone campaign; Yemen and Pakistan. We are not formally at war with either country and yet we're consistently using their airspace for drone strikes.

The fact that its a more surgical way to conduct a combat makes me worry that it will allow the US to conduct combat in cases that it otherwise would not because of how logistically easy and effective it is.
And my old cat hates my new cat. I think he feels usurped. That netflix documentary I told you about said that cats rarely get along in the same house unless they are introduced to each other very early. That has been my experience. As a kid we had 2 cats and they were not friendly with each other. Now the same thing again. I see videos on youtube of two cats hanging out and being cool with each other, seems fake. lol
I've heard that one way to get them to warm up to each other to to get them to eat at the same time and progressively closer. One trick is to feed each cat on either side of a closed door so that they can smell the other cat but know they're separated and can eat in peace. Apparently over time they will grow more comfortable with one another.

Might have had that naked in public dream a few times too. lol
I've had this dream a few times and once it turned into a lucid dream. I was hanging out with my friends at a hotel and then I went to the bathroom and my clothes disappeared. I was wondering how this could happen, how could I leave my house naked like this? In that instance I realized it must be a dream so I tried to create some clothes for myself but that didn't work so I tried the next best thing and just willed that no one would notice that I was naked. So I walked back out into the hotel lobby butt naked and no one cared. Was pretty neat to have a lucid dream like that and even influence it somewhat.

William Goldman — 'Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.'

I've had this dream a few times and once it turned into a lucid dream. I was hanging out with my friends at a hotel and then I went to the bathroom and my clothes disappeared. I was wondering how this could happen, how could I leave my house naked like this? In that instance I realized it must be a dream so I tried to create some clothes for myself but that didn't work so I tried the next best thing and just willed that no one would notice that I was naked. So I walked back out into the hotel lobby butt naked and no one cared. Was pretty neat to have a lucid dream like that and even influence it somewhat.

When I became self aware I'm dreaming, I can do anything in the dream except getting the people in the dream to admit they are not real. I know that seems pointless but it drives me crazy I somehow don't have the ability to do that. It's almost like the west world effect where they act like they didn't hear me or see what I did to demonstrate it was a dream.

If fucking telemarketers could stop fucking calling my goddamn cellphone that'd be GREAT.

I've applied to jobs in King, Pierce, and Thurston county and these motherfuckers have phone numbers in those areas so I get my hopes up super high for a job interview then it's the:
"Hello, this is 'so and so' from 'go fuck yourself' company and we're wondering if we can ask for some of you *click"

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PUTO MOTHERFUCKING PIECES OF SHIT :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ASS SHIT BUCKET *RACIAL SLUR* *RACIAL SLUR* COCK SUCKING :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:S!!!!!

I'm going to find out where these motherfuckers set up shop and roll on them the way DX rolled on Ted Turner in the 90s in a combat Jeep

“I nothing had, and yet enough for youth--Joy in Illusion, ardent thirst for Truth. Give unrestrained, the old emotion, The bliss that touched the verge of pain, The strength of Hate, Love's deep devotion,--O, give me back my youth again!” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust: First Part

Goethe is Nietzsche's ubermensch. For good reason.

Tesla is falling apart for the reasons I am. Spread too thin. Can't focus on one thing. That is Musk to a T. So many things he is involved or interested in, an impossible juggling act. Classic extroverts lol.

Tyson gets props from me for this. Bill Maher is an anti vaxxer who said that Pasteur recanted germ theory on his deathbead. lol. That is worse than creationism, right out of their playbook, but more dangerous. Old clip but Maher has denied evidence based medicine for a while

Climate change is settled science but germ theory is not. Wow.

Last edited:
Somebody needs to make that look Tyson gave Maher an emoji. lol\

2 minutes in on the dot

Tyson is a great educator. I take back what I said. He is a master at controlling the debate and on his feet. Quick thinking.

I love how Dawkins reels back his tone around real scientists. It is like he is walking on broken glass. It is a shellacking. Dawkins cannot think outside the box at all. He doesnt realize his thoughts are already bad superhero movies. No shame this guy has. I would never show my face again.

Dawkins is a great example of subjective logic. "I think bats use color because who wouldn't?" lol wut

Tyson should tour with Dawkins. Tyson will be the Globetrotters and Dawkins will be the guy that always loses.

Last edited:
I think one of the issues with the drone program is that it facilitates military action to the point of making it too easy. You're right that its preferable to other forms of war but consider the two countries in your article that are frequently mentioned when it comes to the drone campaign; Yemen and Pakistan. We are not formally at war with either country and yet we're consistently using their airspace for drone strikes.

The fact that its a more surgical way to conduct a combat makes me worry that it will allow the US to conduct combat in cases that it otherwise would not because of how logistically easy and effective it is.

That's a fair point. Another fair point is that while they are relatively precise, they do cause collateral damage and they aren't *as* precise as advertised. But I just wanted to make it clear that, no they aren't anything near as imprecise as @Cubo de Sangre claimed. If they were, the whole case for using them would be gone.

Ggggrrrrr.... fuck you State jobs... sitting in the "application received" stage since fucking early December. Fucking cunts.

Wait, check that... Reviewing Applications.

The fucking posting closed January 12th WHY IS IT STILL IN THIS STAGE ASSHOLES?! If it's been filled fucking update it to that so I stop looking... Spokane County did that why can't King, Pierce, or the State of Utah do that? Fuckers.

Ggggrrrrr.... fuck you State jobs... sitting in the "application received" stage since fucking early December. Fucking cunts.
I just got a call from a firm I applied to in October.

I just got a call from a firm I applied to in October.
This isn't helping me feel better.

Know what's dumb?

I've applied to King, Pierce, and Thurston Counties here in WA. State of Utah, State of Wyoming, State of Idaho, and State of Montana jobs... I haven't looked at the State of Washington job site in the last 3 months.

Goddamnit I'm stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back