v2
v3
v4

On this day

1789: Election of George Washington

1861: Initial Confederate states break away

1992: Hugo Chavez coup

2004: Founding of Facebook

I thought Machida deserved the win, and it was a decent to good fight. Some nice exchanges.

Bullet almost killed that poor girl in the co-main though. Dear lord.

I thought Machida deserved the win, and it was a decent to good fight. Some nice exchanges.

Bullet almost killed that poor girl in the co-main though. Dear lord.
Missed the event, was it good overall?

I was at a bar but didn't see the fights. I feel like I'm getting close enough to a regular that I should be able to take a remote and change a tv when the bartender is busy but darts distracted me so.

Missed the event, was it good overall?
I didn't see all of it, but from what I saw, the main card was pretty good.

I particularly enjoyed Paczeres/Green. Some nice grappling from both guys.

I was at a bar but didn't see the fights. I feel like I'm getting close enough to a regular that I should be able to take a remote and change a tv when the bartender is busy but darts distracted me so.
Was thinking about the ideal build for a dartsman. I think it would be 5'8" with an 87" wingspan, with really skinny arms and a big fat ass.

Was thinking about the ideal build for a dartsman. I think it would be 5'8" with an 87" wingspan, with really skinny arms and a big fat ass.
GrotesqueDifficultAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

I've seen clips on ESPN of the championships and that sounds about right. I just like games with my alcohol.

They need to get their asses working on season 4. I can handle shows like GoT needing long delays but we need new Rick and Morty yearly.
Yeah, they take about 18 months between seasons. It's worth it though. 3 amazing seasons so far. Endless fantastic jokes.

tumblr_n43qizdrfM1qz4az8o1_500.gif

Yeah, they take about 18 months between seasons. It's worth it though. 3 amazing seasons so far. Endless fantastic jokes.

tumblr_n43qizdrfM1qz4az8o1_500.gif

I messed up and never watched it until three seasons were done. So now I'm stunned at how long they take.

I messed up and never watched it until three seasons were done. So now I'm stunned at how long they take.
Oof. That's a tough reality after getting to binge watch 3 seasons at your leisure.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I think I prefer Bob’s Burgers to Rick and Morty. Love both though.

Fuckin DWI checkpoints. Scumbags. I hope Rehnquist is burning in hell.

The Michigan Supreme Court found sobriety roadblocks to be a violation of the Fourth Amendment. However, by a 6-3 decision in Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz (1990), theUnited States Supreme Court found properly conducted sobriety checkpoints to be constitutional. In the majority opinion, Chief Justice Rehnquist wrote, "In sum, the balance of the State's interest in preventing drunken driving, the extent to which this system can reasonably be said to advance that interest, and the degree of intrusion upon individual motorists who are briefly stopped, weighs in favor of the state program. We therefore hold that it is consistent with the Fourth Amendment." Dissenting justices argued against this conclusion. Justice Stevens argued that the checkpoints were not reasonably effective, writing that "the findings of the trial court, based on an extensive record and affirmed by theMichigan Court of Appeals, indicate that the net effect of sobriety checkpoints on traffic safety is infinitesimal and possibly negative." Justice Brennan's dissenting opinion argued that the police had failed to show that the checkpoint seizures were a necessary tool and worth the intrusion on individual privacy. "That stopping every car might make it easier to prevent drunken driving...is an insufficient justification for abandoning the requirement of individualized suspicion," he stated.

They need to get their asses working on season 4. I can handle shows like GoT needing long delays but we need new Rick and Morty yearly.
<PlusJuan>

Reading about this Uma Thurman story. Glad to see people brought down but this part annoyed me:

Her hall features a large golden Buddha from her parents in Woodstock; her father, Robert Thurman, is a Buddhist professor of Indo-Tibetan studies at Columbia who thinks Uma is a reincarnated goddess.

As a Russian novel said, it is hard to be a god. lol.

Reading about this Uma Thurman story. Glad to see people brought down but this part annoyed me:

Her hall features a large golden Buddha from her parents in Woodstock; her father, Robert Thurman, is a Buddhist professor of Indo-Tibetan studies at Columbia who thinks Uma is a reincarnated goddess.

As a Russian novel said, it is hard to be a god. lol.

Oh my, that’s quite tragic. He’s a Buddhist professor of Indo-Tibetan studies yet has no greater understanding than the peasant farmers of Buddha’s time, taking parables literally. Quite obviously, nothing permanent or unchanging can pass or transmigrate from one life to the next. Being born and dying continues unbroken, but changes every moment.

@Jack V Savage That's another guy I ignore. But I don't think you're right that deregulation and tax breaks always or generally provide a short-term boost to a healthy economy. Getting rid of some regs can help growth, though probably not in the short run as much. Tax cuts would only be expected to have an impact in an unhealthy economy (since they'd provide a boost to demand--and I'd think a "healthy" economy is one that isn't demand-constrained; boosting demand now would just cause interest rates to rise).

It's a minor quibble that's separate from the well-illustrated main point, but it's just striking to see that error from you. Really indicates how deeply ingrained some errors are in the media. Even someone with the username "Trotsky" who identifies as far left accepts long-discredited claims like that without thinking.

Haha, the exchange in my signature is not the one to which I was referring. The one with GSM was far, far more frustrating and pathetic.

As far as my implication that privatization/deregulation/tax cuts would generally produce a short-term adrenaline shot to the economy, I'll just have to defer to you as the capitalist. I do presume when there's an influx of new spending money and bevy of new market transactions that the money can be put toward as a result of deregulation, that a temporary boost is to be expected. But I could well be wrong.

Oh my, that’s quite tragic. He’s a Buddhist professor of Indo-Tibetan studies yet has no greater understanding than the peasant farmers of Buddha’s time, taking parables literally. Quite obviously, nothing permanent or unchanging can pass or transmigrate from one life to the next. Being born and dying continues unbroken, but changes every moment.

I like the style of Indian religions. It is just brighter and cooler. Like their gods have features of elephants. Elephants are cool. Wouldn't it be cool to live in a country with elephants? lol. Brighter colors too. People with blue skin. India had better material to work with in creating their religions. Better wildlife. Every animal in North America is a pussy except polar bears and a few others. I guess that's a good thing though. I hear out west they got poisonous insects/scorpions. And of course Australia with all their dangerous shit. The toughest animal in my zone may be a black bear. Toughest animal in NY state is a black bear. That is pathetic. We need to import some muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back