War Room Lounge v84: RationalPoster said something nice (maybe) about Ruprecht

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to not address what I said at all. How about the Christchurch shooter? Recent enough or no? How about El Paso if Christchurch is too far away to matter. I picked Breivik because I knew his name without looking it up.

Bolivia, China and Iraq are all in the news more than Nazis anyway. There’s more than one story to be told.

You stay safe too, my shift is just about over and I’m about to fly back home. Cheers.

That's before people started calling everyone they disagree with a Nazi.

This is also after Nazis changed their tactics and rhetoric to fit into the main stream and convert an endless stream of impressionable young men to their bad ideas.

And which Nazis are these? Richard Spencer? The guy nobody has heard about after the media stopped reporting on him?

I'm sure that all these Nazis will become relevant again by the 2020 election cycle, though. Much like the tranny activists, uber-feminists and Antifa.

None of this addresses my original point which was to say that the likes of Spencer or the Nazis hardly possess this sort of insidious "mainstream" influence, which constitutes enough of a threat to the public to excuse the "Nazi card" being thrown, seemingly at will.

Even the "Red Scare" and the Commie hunts, were more legitimate in their foundations than that. At the very least, a legitimate Communist state opposing America existed. But I can hardly find any modern Nazi states which are doing the same. Nor do I find any notable Nazis in public platforms or the education system. So it appears to me that this threat of Nazism is greatly exaggerated.

Fun fact:

Earthquakes are only in the news when reported on. Thus, we can conclude that threads on earthquakes are agenda driven.

Stop acting dumb. You're better than that.

Just another form of intellectual laziness on display. I could ridicule anyone's argument through the same means as you're doing. "Oh, you're saying that bad-faith examples of niche ultra-progressives are being disproportionately reported on right-wing media? Well, dude, earthquakes are reported on too, duh."

You're being too incredulous and obtuse to even be worthy of responding to. And you're addressing absolutely none of my points, probably because you can't.

If you can't see the credibility in the argument that people like Richard Spencer are largely media-created and driven, rather than authentic phenomenons rising to public consciousness because of their sheer magnetic force, you're just being a hack. Sure, you can argue the point that he actually holds legitimate influence rather than just manufactured influence, but you can hardly say that my point here is completely absurd.

Basically it just seems that you're incapable of an intellectually honest conversation, atleast in an environment where you feel supported by your "peers". Deprived of such conditions, you might prove to be worthy of conversing with.

You might do yourself a favour to rid yourself of such a "hive mentality".

And which Nazis are these? Richard Spencer? The guy nobody has heard about after the media stopped reporting on him?

I'm sure that all these Nazis will become relevant again by the 2020 election cycle, though. Much like the tranny activists, uber-feminists and Antifa.

Literally every modern white supremacist I''ve ever heard of, I heard of first from a leftist who was accusing me of supporting the guy I had never heard of.

None of this addresses my original point which was to say that the likes of Spencer or the Nazis hardly possess this sort of insidious "mainstream" influence, which constitutes enough of a threat to the public to excuse the "Nazi card" being thrown, seemingly at will.

Even the "Red Scare" and the Commie hunts, were more legitimate in their foundations than that. At the very least, a legitimate Communist state opposing America existed. But I can hardly find any modern Nazi states which are doing the same. Nor do I find any notable Nazis in public platforms or the education system. So it appears to me that this threat of Nazism is greatly exaggerated.

Stop acting dumb. You're better than that.

Just another form of intellectual laziness on display. I could ridicule anyone's argument through the same means as you're doing. "Oh, you're saying that bad-faith examples of niche ultra-progressives are being disproportionately reported on right-wing media? Well, dude, earthquakes are reported on too, duh."

You're being too incredulous and obtuse to even be worthy of responding to. And you're addressing absolutely none of my points, probably because you can't.

If you can't see the credibility in the argument that people like Richard Spencer are largely media-created and driven, rather than authentic phenomenons rising to public consciousness because of their sheer magnetic force, you're just being a hack. Sure, you can argue the point that he actually holds legitimate influence rather than just manufactured influence, but you can hardly say that my point here is completely absurd.

Basically it just seems that you're incapable of an intellectually honest conversation, atleast in an environment where you feel supported by your "peers". Deprived of such conditions, you might prove to be worthy of conversing with.

You might do yourself a favour to rid yourself of such a "hive mentality".
The influence may not be mainstream but the dead bodies are real. It’s a concern here whether you want to admit it or not.

The Gordon Problem? That’s what my wife calls me:

Ned-Ryerson%5B2%5D.png

The outward Nazis don't scare me cause you can see them and refuse entry to them at bars as a bouncer and goad them into fights cause they're wannabe tough guys.

The ones that scare me are the ones that can hide it.

If they can hide it, that means you don't know they even exist.

Good post. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

What argument?
What in the world is going on here lol

Somehow it does not surprise me in the least, that after having clearly read the context of the conversation, and having "liked" the posts which opposed my point of view, you would then back down after "chipping in" and attempt to act as if you have no idea what I'm talking about, when I refer to the argument at hand, which you've clearly followed.

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I care not to respond to those who are unwilling to debate, but only willing to make mockery of anyone's attempt to challenge the prevailing narrative.

@TheGreatA do you smoke weed?
If not, start

No I don't, and no I won't.

Last edited:
I dunno
Half suspect he'd put Yovanovich on there for having "dignity" or some shit

If I weren't married, I'd throw her a bone out of appreciation for her service and for the historical significance. Plus, seeing her struggle unsuccessfully to hold what the French call the visage stoïque in place amid the ecstasy brought on by sexual machinations might be hot.

Somehow it does not surprise me in the least, that after having clearly read the context of the conversation, and having "liked" the posts which opposed my point of view, you would then back down after "chipping in" and attempt to act as if you have no idea what I'm talking about, when I refer to the argument at hand, which you've clearly followed.

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I care not to respond to those who are unwilling to debate, but only to make mockery of anyone's attempt to challenge the prevailing narrative.

Maybe a chill pill enema then ayyyy
You do know this is the lounge, right?

The influence may not be mainstream but the dead bodies are real. It’s a concern here whether you want to admit it or not.

I can absolutely qualify it as a concern, but the degree of which, is what I'm willing to debate.

I wouldn't qualify it as enough of a concern to punch random MAGA hat guys, because they're possibly Nazis, for example. Which to me, is what the whole "punch a Nazi" thing seems to largely amount to.

I don't see any evidence of people going out there to punch guys who are in the Aryan brotherhood or other Neo-Nazi gangs.

You're talking to a guy that once said, and I quote, "Only a paranoid schizophrenic would've been afraid of being lynched in the 1950's."

If I weren't married, I'd throw her a bone out of appreciation for her service and for the historical significance. Plus, seeing her struggle unsuccessfully to hold what the French call the visage stoïque in place amid the ecstasy brought on by sexual machinations might be hot.
<FutbolThink>

The outward Nazis don't scare me cause you can see them and refuse entry to them at bars as a bouncer and goad them into fights cause they're wannabe tough guys.

The ones that scare me are the ones that can hide it.

You must scare yourself then, no?

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I care not to respond to those who are unwilling to debate, but only willing to make mockery of anyone's attempt to challenge the prevailing narrative.

C'mon dude. Waste your life on drugs and shit posting like a cool guy like Limbo Pete maaaan.

If we're talking about people like Brevik and the Christchurch shooter then sure, only a handful of individuals is required to cause a lot of damage and when they do its worth reporting on.

But I see his point about guys like Spencer. I never heard of him until he was getting reported on in 2016 despite the fact that he had been around since 2010. Suddenly the Nazi boogeyman appeared and we started hearing about guys like him and Jared Taylor left and right. That might've been good for ratings but giving men like that attention, even if they are framed in a negative light, is playing right into their hands.

So of course if someone shoots up a mosque or school after releasing a white supremacist manifesto its a story worth reporting on and if there's a trend emerging that should also be reported on and discussed. But I am not sure what the likes of Spencer or Taylor ever did to warrant the media attention they got that was ultimately probably counter-productive in that it helped increase their profile and thus help them spread their message.

I wish the dems would put less effort in trying to be clever and ask less open ended questions

Yeah from the little I have heard I agree, I would have stayed with letting lawyers aka most the of questions, not what I have seen which is needless putting words into people’s mouths.

I can absolutely qualify it as a concern, but the degree of which, is what I'm willing to debate.

I wouldn't qualify it as enough of a concern to punch random MAGA hat guys, because they're possibly Nazis, for example. Which to me, is what the whole "punch a Nazi" thing seems to largely amount to.

I don't see any evidence of people going out there to punch guys who are in the Aryan brotherhood or other Neo-Nazi gangs.
To be fair the most high profile case I remember of someone "punching a Nazi" was this
fash-punch1.gif

That was the incident that sparked the whole question of "is it okay to punch Nazis?"

Spencer may not personally profess himself to be a Nazi(he claims in that very interview that Neo-Nazis and the KKK do not like him) but he's not that far off, not like he's a random Trump supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back