War Room Lounge v74: Enjoy your whiskey tide pods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since we are talking fast food again, I have eaten at Wendy's three times in my life: in Manila in 2005, in New York in 2009, and in L.A. in 2014.

Somehow I remember it as totally awesome. I don't know why, maybe because we don't have it here.
Because it is totally awesome

Wendy's burgers are like boiled cafeteria burgers from public schools.

In terms of fast food burgers specifically, it's:

1. Culver's (coincidentally, worst fries...who tf likes crinkle cut?)

2. A&W
3. Rally's
4. Whataburger

5. McDonald's
6. Hardee's
7. Wendy's​

Worst: Burger King (least worst), Jack in the Box, Dairy Queen, White Castle (worst worst).

Guys, I've compiled the data and ran the tests. There's really no need to dissent from my findings.

2. A&W
3. Rally's
4. Whataburger

5. McDonald's
6. Hardee's
7. Wendy's​

Worst: Burger King (least worst), Jack in the Box, Dairy Queen, White Castle (worst worst).

Guys, I've compiled the data and ran the tests. There's really no need to dissent from my findings.
You're one of those people who loves making lists and takes ranking things seriously. Like Maia who is always complaining about "dese hankings"

Me too bro.

As we slouch toward constitutional crises and inevitable autocratic minority rule, here's a friendly reminder of the types of people we have hedging us:

Kavanaugh: Watergate tapes decision may have been wrong
https://apnews.com/3ea406469d344dd8...G6RTJl0NC_uF17njhlz4jtG7RSMZwZAux9SoKxMADo9fk

"Whether it was Marbury, or Youngstown, or Brown, or Nixon, some of the greatest moments in American judicial history have been when judges stood up to the other branches, were not cowed, and enforced the law. That takes backbone, or what some call judicial engagement,” Kavanaugh wrote in a 2016 law review article in which he referred to several landmark Supreme Court cases.

The headline part was 20 years ago, the quoted part above from your article is from 2016. Reads as his position changing vastly on the issue.

burger king always gives me the shits but there's no way mcdonalds burgers are better

@Trotsky you are fake news

2. A&W
3. Rally's
4. Whataburger

5. McDonald's
6. Hardee's
7. Wendy's​

Good gracious. I disagree rather strongly with these.

I've been paying more attention to burger quality lately, and for me it's something like (leaving out 5 Guys because it's not fast food):

In-N-Out
Sonic
Carl's Jr
Freddy's
McDonald's
Wendy's
Buger King

You're one of those people who loves making lists and takes ranking things seriously. Like Maia who is always complaining about "dese hankings"

Me too bro.

Yeah, it's a weird quirk that I've embraced. I think it originated from my being an avid fan of the NFL Draft, which involves a lot of rankings. I also just have a natural propensity for analysis, but I'm not an overly serious person.

The headline part was 20 years ago, the quoted part above from your article is from 2016. Reads as his position changing vastly on the issue.

The article was pretty clearly (imo) building his case as a principled jurist for GOP nomination with empty proclamations. In actuality, his rulings have been more deferential to power than any Supreme Court Justice in modern history, even if I expect him to settle in as the second or third most right-wing member in totality. And, of course, he's a longtime GOP lackey himself.

burger king always gives me the shits but there's no way mcdonalds burgers are better

@Trotsky you are fake news

Burger King is endlessly bland. McDonald's lowkey has a very well-seasoned and well-proportioned patty.

Good gracious. I disagree rather strongly with these.

Well, that's okay. Everyone is allowed to be wrong.

I've been paying more attention to burger quality lately, and for me it's something like (leaving out 5 Guys because it's not fast food):

In-N-Out
Sonic
Carl's Jr
Freddy's
McDonald's
Wendy's
Buger King

I've never had In-N-Out or Freddy's (never even heard of the latter). Rally's is imo the most inexplicably underrated, mostly, I presume, because they tend to be inner city establishments and seen as low-class. Like the black community's McDonald's. A&W being overlooked is more understandable since A&W is always attached to a Long John Silver's (GOAT fast food) or a KFC, and ain't nobody getting a cheeseburger when there's battered fish and fried chicken on the menu.

Burger King is endlessly bland. McDonald's lowkey has a very well-seasoned patty.
mcdonalds tastes like...mcdonalds, burger king actually tastes like a burger. better texture, everything

bare in mind i'm in the UK but i don't remember maccy Ds being any better when i've been in the US (NYC & FloRida)

Burgers
1. Carl's Jr
2. Five Guys
3. In N Out (overrated in general, but they're fresh, which is nice)
4. Wendy's
5. McDonald's Cheeseburger (not their other stuff) - science & nostalgia > health and wellness.

Fries
1. Chick Filet
2. Five Guys
3(t). Wendy's
3(t). McDonald's (science & nostalgia for the win again)
5. Arby's -curly fries

The article was pretty clearly (imo) building his case as a principled jurist for GOP nomination with empty proclamations. In actuality, his rulings have been more deferential to power than any Supreme Court Justice in modern history, even if I expect him to settle in as the second or third most right-wing member in totality. And, of course, he's a longtime GOP lackey himself.

I felt the article was mostly fair. They weighed against some of his cons/faults, and highlighted some of his potential positives or cases. They didn't dive too deep into either side of it, so it read more like a broad overview than anything.

If I wanted to be critical of it I'd argue that it paints him as much more supportive of the employee position on discrimination cases than his history has shown. I read up a lot about Kav during the confirmation and found it his weakest area imo. They mention in passing that he has consistently decided against minorities in regards to discrimination in favor of the company, but devoted two paragraphs to praising one of his "top 10 cases" where he voted in favor of the employee. I do think he can turn out pretty solid if a couple of his positions can gravitate a bit closer to the center, and as you said he gives power back to the people a bit more in some of his decision making.

2. A&W
3. Rally's
4. Whataburger

5. McDonald's
6. Hardee's
7. Wendy's​

Culver’s is amazing for a fast food joint, nothing else is close.

Burgers
1. Carl's Jr
2. Five Guys
3. In N Out (overrated in general, but they're fresh, which is nice)
4. Wendy's
5. McDonald's Cheeseburger (not their other stuff) - science & nostalgia > health and wellness.

Fries
1. Chick Filet
2. Five Guys
3(t). Wendy's
3(t). McDonald's (science & nostalgia for the win again)
5. Arby's -curly fries
Finally somebody puts Carl's Jr where it belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back