War Room Lounge v74: Enjoy your whiskey tide pods

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is happening to this country? This is the school's abrogating their responsibility to discipline and getting the police involved over nothing.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/kansas...JlXieDm3VkW9U2ZtA_CzlpmyUJGFWWA46wm2jzlfBNS7g

Kansas middle school student is facing felony charges after she allegedly made a gun shape with her hand and pointed her finger at four students before pointing her finger at herself. Seriously.

Police hauled her out of school in handcuffs, arrested her and charged the child with a felony for threatening.

Shawnee Mission school officials said they could not discuss the case, citing privacy laws, but did say it wasn’t the district that arrested the child.

According to the Kansas City Star, the incident unfolded in a classroom at Westridge Middle School.

The person said that during a class discussion, another student asked the girl, if she could kill five people in the class, who would they be? In response, the girl allegedly pointed her finger pistol — like the ones many children use playing cops and robbers.

Because of that gesture, The Star was told, the girl was sent to Principal Jeremy McDonnell’s office, and the other students involved were also talked to. The school resource officer recommended that she be arrested, the source said. She was detained by police and later released to her mother.

It’s idiotic to pursue felony charges against this child. Are police going to charge the student who asked the 12-year old the question with inciting violence?

This story goes from bad to worse, according to Star columnist Toriano Porter, who points out the fact that two kids in the same school district who recently brought real guns to school aren’t facing felony charges for their actions.

Officials, who wouldn’t disclose how the two students were disciplined, said there was no evidence to suggest the teenagers planned to use the guns at school. Both were charged in juvenile court with possession of a firearm, a misdemeanor.

So, let me get this straight: Bringing a gun on campus is a misdemeanor? But threatening someone with few half-cocked fingers is a felony with potentially life-altering consequences?

Did I miss something here? It sure seems like school and law enforcement officials did.

According to the local district attorney, the reason why for the disparate charges in the two cases is simply a matter of law.

Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe said bringing a gun to school is a serious matter, but in general, a felony charge can only be levied if a kid commits the same crime a second time.

Charging the 12-year-old girl with a felony “is something we don’t agree with,” Howe said. “But that is something the Legislature should look into.”

It’s good to know the DA doesn’t think a felony charge is appropriate here. Hopefully that means his office won’t be pursuing a case against the 12-year old for her finger gun. As Porter points out his his column, however, it never should have escalated to the point of getting the police involved in the first place.

Surely school officials and police could have taken steps to address her behavior, consider why she acted out and assess her mental health. The fact that a person familiar with the incident said that another student had asked the girl who she would choose if she could kill five people in the class raises even more questions.

Pointing a finger gun at classmates and then yourself is a cry for help — not a criminal act of violence.

I’m not even going to go so far as to say that this 12-year old was exhibiting a “cry for help.” She could have just been a 12-year old who wasn’t thinking that responding to a dumb question by a classmate was going to end up with her in handcuffs. What’s next? Arresting kids playing “Kiss, Marry, Kill” at lunch for making threats?

The 12-year old girl is now living in California with her grandfather, and will hopefully be able to put this incident behind her, but if the laws in Kansas need to be changed to prevent idiotic situations like this from taking place in the future, I hope legislators in the state will see to it that there are no more felony charges for finger guns in the future.

Uh, you know this is is "Zero Tolerance" in action right? It's a direct byproduct of broken windows policing and the Gun Free Schools Act. Schools have adopted policies that remove children from school and potentially incarcerate them for any number of misdeeds. This is why the broken windows theory is so nefarious even beyond policing, it's pumping up the school to prison pipelines by equating simple misconduct to actual criminal acts.

What is happening to this country? This is the school's abrogating their responsibility to discipline and getting the police involved over nothing.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/kansas...JlXieDm3VkW9U2ZtA_CzlpmyUJGFWWA46wm2jzlfBNS7g

Kansas middle school student is facing felony charges after she allegedly made a gun shape with her hand and pointed her finger at four students before pointing her finger at herself. Seriously.

Police hauled her out of school in handcuffs, arrested her and charged the child with a felony for threatening.

Shawnee Mission school officials said they could not discuss the case, citing privacy laws, but did say it wasn’t the district that arrested the child.

According to the Kansas City Star, the incident unfolded in a classroom at Westridge Middle School.

The person said that during a class discussion, another student asked the girl, if she could kill five people in the class, who would they be? In response, the girl allegedly pointed her finger pistol — like the ones many children use playing cops and robbers.

Because of that gesture, The Star was told, the girl was sent to Principal Jeremy McDonnell’s office, and the other students involved were also talked to. The school resource officer recommended that she be arrested, the source said. She was detained by police and later released to her mother.

It’s idiotic to pursue felony charges against this child. Are police going to charge the student who asked the 12-year old the question with inciting violence?

This story goes from bad to worse, according to Star columnist Toriano Porter, who points out the fact that two kids in the same school district who recently brought real guns to school aren’t facing felony charges for their actions.

Officials, who wouldn’t disclose how the two students were disciplined, said there was no evidence to suggest the teenagers planned to use the guns at school. Both were charged in juvenile court with possession of a firearm, a misdemeanor.

So, let me get this straight: Bringing a gun on campus is a misdemeanor? But threatening someone with few half-cocked fingers is a felony with potentially life-altering consequences?

Did I miss something here? It sure seems like school and law enforcement officials did.

According to the local district attorney, the reason why for the disparate charges in the two cases is simply a matter of law.

Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe said bringing a gun to school is a serious matter, but in general, a felony charge can only be levied if a kid commits the same crime a second time.

Charging the 12-year-old girl with a felony “is something we don’t agree with,” Howe said. “But that is something the Legislature should look into.”

It’s good to know the DA doesn’t think a felony charge is appropriate here. Hopefully that means his office won’t be pursuing a case against the 12-year old for her finger gun. As Porter points out his his column, however, it never should have escalated to the point of getting the police involved in the first place.

Surely school officials and police could have taken steps to address her behavior, consider why she acted out and assess her mental health. The fact that a person familiar with the incident said that another student had asked the girl who she would choose if she could kill five people in the class raises even more questions.

Pointing a finger gun at classmates and then yourself is a cry for help — not a criminal act of violence.

I’m not even going to go so far as to say that this 12-year old was exhibiting a “cry for help.” She could have just been a 12-year old who wasn’t thinking that responding to a dumb question by a classmate was going to end up with her in handcuffs. What’s next? Arresting kids playing “Kiss, Marry, Kill” at lunch for making threats?

The 12-year old girl is now living in California with her grandfather, and will hopefully be able to put this incident behind her, but if the laws in Kansas need to be changed to prevent idiotic situations like this from taking place in the future, I hope legislators in the state will see to it that there are no more felony charges for finger guns in the future.
Hatred and fear
Is the language I know

I tried a couple of bites of their taco once and found it to be inedible. One of the worst food experiences of my life, really.
It is the worst taco conceivable.

But I read a while back that it was the single best selling fast food item. This must have been like in the ninth circuit only or something right? Could that be possible nation wide? Anyway apparently there are many people who don’t agree with us, Jack.

When you allow collusion with foreign interest, and further allow investigation into that collusion to be obstructed with impunity, don't be surprised when the very next election, even more blatant collusion with foreign interest happens. imo.

Finally we agree on something

It is the worst taco conceivable.

But I read a while back that it was the single best selling fast food item. This must have been like in the ninth circuit only or something right? Could that be possible nation wide? Anyway apparently there are many people who don’t agree with us, Jack.

They deep fry them. If you get a cool store that'll remove the shitty american cheese, it's a drunk person's salvation.

one of the worst food experiences I've had has been at Denny's. (I know I know)
but they are one of the few eateries around here that are open 24 hours.

anyway, I ordered cheese fries, based off the picture of the menu. I saw beautiful fries drenched in liquid melted cheese.

the plate I got was old ass fries with some cheddar cheese thrown on top that were obviously tossed in the microwave.

disgusting
That's one thing I find contemptible about American fast food. No matter what the dish is, it never looks as good as the picture. Never. In Japan, you see a model or a picture of the dish, and when you order it, that's exactly what you get. Then again, they still line up out the door and down the street for McD's at lunch time in Tokyo so go figure.

Tim Horton's is the absolute worst for that. They create some totally idealized version overflowing with visual goodness, and when you order it, you get something closer to an old shoe.

From 2016 :eek::

From last week:

It's hard to take Lichtman seriously, and not just because of his ridiculous-looking toupees.

Check out this interview from late 2016, in which Lichtman tries to have it both ways with his election prediction.

That's one thing I find contemptible about American fast food. No matter what the dish is, it never looks as good as the picture. Never. In Japan, you see a model or a picture of the dish, and when you order it, that's exactly what you get. Then again, they still line up out the door and down the street for McD's at lunch time in Tokyo so go figure.

Tim Horton's is the absolute worst for that. They create some totally idealized version overflowing with visual goodness, and when you order it, you get something closer to an old shoe.

YES!!

Japan btw...one of the most beautiful countries I've been to

and you can get Bento Boxes at 7/11!!

not kidding

Top 10 Taco Bell menu items of all time:

1. Smothered Burrito (RIP)
2. Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla
3. Cheesy Gordita Crunch
4. Crispy Potato Soft Taco (RIP)
5. Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
6. Spicy Potato Soft Taco
7. Cool Ranch Doritos Loco Taco (RIP)
8. Chalupa Supreme
9. Breakfast Crunch Wrap
10. Bean Burrito

Eat your hearts out, non-Americans. But do so because you can't get real Mexican food, not because you may or may not be able to eat this garbage.

Fun fact. Years ago I one time ate a smothered burrito off a naked girl once. Like a trashy ass version of those naked lady sushi places. She does heroin now lmao.

They deep fry them. If you get a cool store that'll remove the shitty american cheese, it's a drunk person's salvation.
I've had it once, and if I recall it seemed like they deep fry the lettuce too.

Count me out on deep fried tacos. When I'm drunk I'll stick to buffalo wings or coldcuts/cheese in my kitchen.

Edit: 7/11 bento boxes were mentioned, that's another good option or any service station spam musubi. The Texaco by me has great musubi

In Japan working at a fast food restaurant isn't looked down upon in a similar way to how it is here. And people take more pride in their work in general as well I'd say.

YES!!

Japan btw...one of the most beautiful countries I've been to

and you can get Bento Boxes at 7/11!!

not kidding
Way more than just bento though. But yeah, 7-11, speaking of putting other places to shame, there are convenience stores, and then there are Japanese 7-11's.
giphy.gif

I'm hoping for an Oscar redemption arc where he finds out that he has to take custody of the girl, so he cleans up his life and moves them into better living conditions.
Like a plastic recycling bin?

So since we are talking fast food again, I have eaten at Wendy's three times in my life: in Manila in 2005, in New York in 2009, and in L.A. in 2014.

Somehow I remember it as totally awesome. I don't know why, maybe because we don't have it here.

Way more than just bento though. But yeah, 7-11, speaking of putting other places to shame, there are convenience stores, and then there are Japanese 7-11's.
giphy.gif
ampm was big and also very good when I was there. Now they rebranded though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back