War Room Lounge v57: We Sher Love Dogs

Favorite Breeds of Dogs? Pick up to three (pulled from AKC.org rankings)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ea1.jpg

love me some dogs of peace...fuck you all! also staffordshire terriers, miniature dogs of peace
StaffyBoy02.jpg

shar pei when they're not too wrinkly
shar-pei-10622427.jpg.webp

similarly, olde english bulldogges, less wrinkly and more athletic/breathe easier
38319914-687-640x853.jpg

also, fuck chihuahuas and other ankle biters. my mum has bought one after the other for the past 30 years and the only ones i ever liked where the ones she gave away to my grandparents cos they turned out to be mixed and grew bigger

I’ve had some great pit bull mixes and scent hounds. Those are my general favorites.

I have two untrained pitbulls named Aldi and Baltimore.
<mma4>

Fair point.

That is a gross way to live.

Then again, so is picking up dog shit in a little sandwich baggie.

Mine won't use the bathroom unless it is our backyard. We never carry bags unless I have to go.

He will click Huskies and he will like it!

/sara
I know the difference between dog breeds, and you forgot pugs, sheepdogs, st Bernard’s Bernese mountain dogs and bull mastiff and Boston terriers

What is your point?

Most people live in the urban areas, so the states are blue. It is about people, not space
Republicans actually believe that if you live in a desert your vote should be worth more.
And that's another grand irony, because life is full of shit, including the media, and while the critique is valid, the actual replacement has been even more ridiculous. Yes, there's a problem with fake news, always has been, but the pivot wasn't to truth, it was to even more absurd bullshit. Not legitimizing academic critiques of the media, but instead an attempt to legitimize the more absurd aspect of "news" like infowars, Breitbart, and Pravda (Fox) etc.

Goes to show something about the power of conditioning of society - the reverence to the rich is so ingrained in our society that an oversized chunk of society will just go along with any verbal diarhea coming from people with $$$$. Add in politics of fear which always appeal to the most gullible, and it's a powerful elixir of supreme bullshit. But scientists, academics, or politicians with some relatively decent level of integrity are treated skeptically.
Good post, I've once read that the soviets started realizing that bombarding people with absurd information was more effective than censorship or academic critique of the media, but it was too late.
It might seem weird because when we think of Stalin and other Communists we think about absurd lies but remember Communists are big on academics too, they spent a lot of time in academia debating the bias of bourgeois media. "De-constructing" it, and while right wing conspiracy theorists fear the "Cultural Marxists" or the "Frankfurt School" these people were boring academics and had little actual power over people (of course, the conspiracy theorists will say that's what they want us to believe and that they're behind TV, rap music, video games etc).
Some of the more pragmatic leaders went with lies but they were very crude "RBMK reactors do not explode" or "Communism in 30 years" and censorship. Nobody believed them, they just knew that they should repeat these phrases or go to the gulag.
The USSR fell but the lessons remained among the Russians that this kind of propaganda and critique does not work and a new strategy was born.
Now the strategy doesn't include (effective) censorship, well thought critique or even an attempt to justify the unjustifiable(if the RBMK reactor exploded it was the CIA).
See the shootdown of the airliner in Ukraine, they said it was the Ukrainians but once the evidence started to come in RT just stopped talking about it and started to talk about Ukrainian nazis crucifying kids, CIA agents infiltrating the Euromaidan etc.
You push a lie, let's say Pizza gate, when people start to debunk your lie you just forget about it and broadcast another one like QAnon.
Overwhelm people with low investment hoaxes, use humor and technology instead of the conventional means of communication.

Max with the flag upright. All is right with the world.

E lanakila mākou

I know the difference between dog breeds, and you forgot pugs, sheepdogs, st Bernard’s Bernese mountain dogs and bull mastiff and Boston terriers
Those were all in like #20-30 from the AKC popularity rankings. The poll couldn't contain their awesomeness.

But my post was totally like something you would have said to Greg if it was your poll.

Max with the flag upright. All is right with the world.

E lanakila mākou
fuck me I can't believe I forgot a Max Holloway fight. From the distribution of blood and guts I'm guessing Max tooled him good.

Time for Conor to come back to 145 and let Max retire him.

That Australian kid is good, he should be next for Max. But yeah the Conor rematch would be the most fun.
Yeah that's fair and the right thing to do, I just want a loss avenged after Max lost to Poirier for a second time.

Interesting obsession with race itt imo

Unfortunately my family's schedule doesn't allow for a dog, but if it did... this guy right here. Olde English Terrier.

images
I had two of those, lots of work if you live in the countryside keeping em clean, and they shed hair like mad. A real chick magnet though, and great temprament

I like all dogs, the list is very incomplete btw.

I've had bull terriers, a jack russel, a poodle, a bouvier de flandres, and a small malteser mix that died at 15 years old. I was most attached to the small doggie. Guys like to hate on small dogs and it's pretty pathetic imo. It's okay, you don't have to pretend you're a manly man all the time.

She looked a little bit like this
7d37723d9e89353f4b6482309c4952a1--malteser-mix-funny-dogs.jpg
look at that.

This is a bouvier de flandres
bouvier-des-flandres-9109.jpg
They're incredibly smart, loyal, calm put playful, good with children, really strong, and excellent guard dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back