War Room Lounge v57: We Sher Love Dogs

Favorite Breeds of Dogs? Pick up to three (pulled from AKC.org rankings)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will probably come to light down the road that the fella is suffering from legitimate mental health issues.
Just like Reagan, the last "outsider" president

I think it will probably come to light down the road that the fella is suffering from legitimate mental health issues.

He was always like this though. Maybe more articulate back in the day but always a narcissist who failed in his endeavors and blamed everyone else.

Ehh Reagan strongly renounced racism often. He also embraced our allies as far as I know. And he had a working relationship with Tip O'neal
Oh, I am not saying Reagan is as bad as Trump in all ways, just that he had alzheimers and it was covered up.

I like dogs.

But only my dogs.

Sort of like kids.

Except I don’t really like my kids.

J/k.

My kids are the best.

(Except when they are the fucking worst.)

He was always like this though. Maybe more articulate back in the day but always a narcissist who failed in his endeavors and blamed everyone else.

There is one quote of Trump that I recall hearing is very true and in its sad way brilliant. Something to the effect that "If you say it, people just believe it." It's at the center of everything he does.

People have been full of shit and hypocritical since the beginning of time, but Trump really brings things to the next level, and shows that there is actually more room for the public's ability to accept lies than I would have ever previously imagined. So the absolute ease to which he will lie about anything has shown virtually no limit. It can be something on video the night before, and he will still straight up lie about it. It can be a million and one tweets on the record, he will lie and contradict. No hesitation whatsoever.

And that's another grand irony, because life is full of shit, including the media, and while the critique is valid, the actual replacement has been even more ridiculous. Yes, there's a problem with fake news, always has been, but the pivot wasn't to truth, it was to even more absurd bullshit. Not legitimizing academic critiques of the media, but instead an attempt to legitimize the more absurd aspect of "news" like infowars, Breitbart, and Pravda (Fox) etc.

Goes to show something about the power of conditioning of society - the reverence to the rich is so ingrained in our society that an oversized chunk of society will just go along with any verbal diarhea coming from people with $$$$. Add in politics of fear which always appeal to the most gullible, and it's a powerful elixir of supreme bullshit. But scientists, academics, or politicians with some relatively decent level of integrity are treated skeptically.

What a time to be alive.

I have a feeling lots of favorites don't make the list.

Never heard of them. I thought the Chesapeake Bay Retriever was the name of the local paper. Are they super smart?

Not in my case, you and everyone are my favorites. Precious entities waiting to be enlightened by the glorious Nexus....

What is your point?

Most people live in the urban areas, so the states are blue. It is about people, not space
Yeah it seems to be really hard for people to grasp that dirt isn't a person. It's one of the more baffling remnants of the plantation mindset.

There is one quote of Trump that I recall hearing is very true and in its sad way brilliant. Something to the effect that "If you say it, people just believe it." It's at the center of everything he does.

People have been full of shit and hypocritical since the beginning of time, but Trump really brings things to the next level, and shows that there is actually more room for the public's ability to accept lies than I would have ever previously imagined. So the absolute ease to which he will lie about anything has shown virtually no limit. It can be something on video the night before, and he will still straight up lie about it. It can be a million and one tweets on the record, he will lie and contradict. No hesitation whatsoever.

And that's another grand irony, because life is full of shit, including the media, and while the critique is valid, the actual replacement has been even more ridiculous. Yes, there's a problem with fake news, always has been, but the pivot wasn't to truth, it was to even more absurd bullshit. Not legitimizing academic critiques of the media, but instead an attempt to legitimize the more absurd aspect of "news" like infowars, Breitbart, and Pravda (Fox) etc.

Goes to show something about the power of conditioning of society - the reverence to the rich is so ingrained in our society that an oversized chunk of society will just go along with any verbal diarhea coming from people with $$$$. Add in politics of fear which always appeal to the most gullible, and it's a powerful elixir of supreme bullshit. But scientists, academics, or politicians with some relatively decent level of integrity are treated skeptically.

What a time to be alive.

It's all covered in 1984.

He is closer to Stalin than any American President we've known.

Authoritarianism and totalitarianism in it's essence.

It's a tale as old as time. It's regression

Not in my case, you and everyone are my favorites. Precious entities waiting to be enlightened by the glorious Nexus....
giphy.gif

Is "Gorilla Monsoon" the most intimidating Pro-Wrestling name ever?

Nobody even pays attention to the latter part of that name, as if it was the guy's real last name or something. It's Monsoon...a Gorilla Monsoon...yikes!

Is "Gorilla Monsoon" the most intimidating Pro-Wrestling name ever?

Nobody even pays attention to the latter part of that name, as if it was the guy's real last name or something. It's Monsoon...a Gorilla Monsoon...yikes!

Yeah it seems to be really hard for people to grasp that dirt isn't a person. It's one of the more baffling remnants of the plantation mindset.

I think it's a convincing argument because of the visual aspect.

Those red vs blue maps..... Frank Luntz is a genius when it comes to that stuff.

It's all covered in 1984.

He is closer to Stalin than any American President we've known.

Authoritarianism and totalitarianism in it's essence.

It's a tale as old as time. It's regression

Yes, fair. I friend of mine many moons ago said something to me that resonates, it's a very small % of people that move life forward for the everyone. The rest is largely irrelevant. And despite Orwell (and whoever else falls into this smaller group) having written the observations that can form the playbook being followed decades and decades later, enough (not most, but enough) are oblivious enough to fall hook line and sinker into the plot. A guy like Orwell must be rolling in his grave at the shitshow going on.

Oh god, I didn't realize this fight was not over yet

So you feel the same way about the litany of medical problems Hillary covered up in 2016?
I was not aware Hillary was currently the president showing signs of dementia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back