War Room Lounge v53: Short Notice

How do you sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like @Caudillo finally got got again.

That crazy fucker

cgUXjEe.gif

And nothing of value was lost........ again

Holy shit, watching the House hearing on child detainees.

How the fuck can someone be as shameless and pathetic as Jim Jordan? Like....it's existentially confounding trying to bend my mind thinking how people like him can exist and have their own thoughts, conscience, etc.

Holy shit, watching the House hearing on child detainees.

How the fuck can someone be as shameless and pathetic as Jim Jordan? Like....it's existentially confounding trying to bend my mind thinking how people like him can exist and have their own thoughts, conscience, etc.
What is he saying/

What is he saying/

I only watched for a bit, but he was making this big dramatic grandstand about how everything is Democrats' fault and how they're obstructing Trump is unheard of fashion, etc.

I only watched for a bit, but he was making this big dramatic grandstand about how everything is Democrats' fault and how they're obstructing Trump is unheard of fashion, etc.
So he posts in the War Room then?

@Sycho Sid
Also, here's a fucking hilarious show from Jordan yesterday grilling Caroline Frederickson (President of the American Constitution Society and a titan of the legal community) about how she could possibly have said that she/the public already knew that Trump's team had contacts with Russians that sought to influence the 2016 election when the Mueller report hadn't even been release yet reeeeeee.

It's legitimately frustrating that someone as dishonest and flat out fucking dumb as Jim Jordan is in a place to do this.

He'd fit right in around here.

EDIT: beaten to the punchline

This is how my brain is right now. Grumble

Any Robert Sapolsky fans itt?
Honestly had no idea who that was until about an hour ago.

Really fascinating Ted talk on the similarities between humans and other species and where we are different/unique.

I'm a fan now, cheers.

In terms of shaping the behavior of society, the criminal justice system as it stands today will be seen by future people as a blunt and primitive instrument. Every day, we progress in establishing causal relationships between states of mind, physical and emotional trauma, genetics, diet, education and many other factors which establish that our ability to avoid certain behaviors is far less in our control than we legally presume.

A revolution is coming, and it will greatly increase the justness of our justice while it redirects our punishments toward treatments. It's critical that we embrace the science and let go of our vengeance. Each day that we call for longer sentences or harsher conditions is another day that widens the gap between our discoveries about human beings and our treatment of them.
Speaking as someone whose career has been in criminal justice, the quoted above is a good post, and I’m doing my all to be at the forefront of this revolution at least in regards to the enforcement aspect of it (in the US at least, I know we’re behind a few others). It’s gonna take a long time though, and I admit I have my instances and crimes where I my desire is just to serve them a sentence, as harsh as can be. That’s human nature I guess.

The US Army Corps of Engineers has insisted that it does not expect overtopping of the city's levees under the forecast conditions and said Thursday that it is "extremely confident in the integrity of the system."

Best of luck sherbro, and engineers actually he correct this time. I was down in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina doing some cleanup. Wow was that eye opening.

I also like to think you listed the supplies there in order of importance, and I would have to agree.

Yeah, but New Orleans rightfully doesn't trust the Corp of Engineers too much.

The fucking French Quarter flooded a few days ago. Neighborhoods that traditionally don't flood flooded because of I believe 4 inches. We're going to be fucked if we take on over 8.

If the river levees dont hold we're going to see Katrina level damage in parts of the city.

Yeah I think I've got about four bottles of vodka, two bottles of Jameson, two bottles of wine, and plenty of beer. Both my jobs are cancelled all weekend.

@AgonyandIrony
You good? Looks like Barry is picking up steam from reports

Yeah it's the calm before the storm right now. Well.. Nevermind. It started raining as soon as I said that lol.

If it flooded bad from some rain Wednesday.. Yeesh.

I consider myself a bleeding heart, for a cop. Which is a hell of a qualifier, admittedly. I don’t emotionally feel anything for these scumbags but I don’t think my personal feelings should weigh more heavily than what’s best for society as a whole.

I watched Mine 9 recently and I discovered there is a whole genre of county dedicate to coal mining

Speaking as someone whose career has been in criminal justice, the quoted above is a good post, and I’m doing my all to be at the forefront of this revolution at least in regards to the enforcement aspect of it (in the US at least, I know we’re behind a few others). It’s gonna take a long time though, and I admit I have my instances and crimes where I my desire is just to serve them a sentence, as harsh as can be. That’s human nature I guess.

What do you think about that Seattle PD shooting in the ''what did the cops do wrong'' thread?

That's a tough one. On the one hand, the guy had a gun and the cops did everything they could to not shoot the guy. But, at the moment he was shot, his hands were empty and he was on all 4's.

Not a huge fan of their whisky but I love their marketing:

I just found the movie had no plot or characters. It was like a music video. I didn't get the hype at all.

Any movie about the barren wasteland caused by a shortage of oil that features a non stop one directional never ending car chase scene, has by definition jumped the cred shark so hard, that I would not view it any way else. Glorified music video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back