War Room Lounge v53: Short Notice

How do you sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really impossible to relay to laymen, let alone Republican voters who are predisposed against heeding criticisms of Republicans, the true scope of this administration's corruption.

Trannies are gross tho.

Pelosi has been calling for people to stfu about impeachment while AOC has been screaming for it, so he takes Pelosi's side. Standard Trump stuff.
If they tried to impeach now, it wouldn't really do anything besides shakeup the news cycle for a bit before going away, just like every other Trump Scandal.
However, if they tried to impeach at a later time, say after the democrat nominee has been decided and right as campaigning starts to go into overdrive, then even if Trump isn't impeached, it will still dominate the news cycle with bad press at the worse possible time and give the dem nominee ammo before a debate.
At least, that's what I hope Pelosi is planning.

If they tried to impeach now, it wouldn't really do anything besides shakeup the news cycle for a bit before going away, just like every other Trump Scandal.
However, if they tried to impeach at a later time, say after the democrat nominee has been decided and right as campaigning starts to go into overdrive, then even if Trump isn't impeached, it will still dominate the news cycle with bad press at the worse possible time and give the dem nominee ammo before a debate.
At least, that's what I hope Pelosi is planning.
I really don't think she's planning that, but it would certainly be bad for Trump if he's impeached in the closing months of the campaign. People who are blinded by their Trumpism have this crazy idea that impeachment would somehow multiply the support for Trump, but it wouldn't. Impeachment hurts.

I really don't think she's planning that, but it would certainly be bad for Trump if he's impeached in the closing months of the campaign. People who are blinded by their Trumpism have this crazy idea that impeachment would somehow multiply the support for Trump, but it wouldn't. Impeachment hurts.
While I don't think impeachment would multiply his support, I don't think it would have a permanent diminishing effect on him. Anyone that is still on the Trump train isn't getting off now.
At the very least, it wouldn't make sense to impeach at least until the DNC candidate is decided. Impeaching now would just take press attention away from the primaries.

So earth science people, what's with all these constant aftershocks in Cali? I thought those are just a day or two after?

Is this a good thing that it's like, releasing pressure and not gonna have a major quake? Or is this a sign of something bad incoming? Or do this amount of aftershocks happen more often than I think?

I'm just used to blizzards and the occasional tornado for my natural disasters.

While I don't think impeachment would multiply his support, I don't think it would have a permanent diminishing effect on him. Anyone that is still on the Trump train isn't getting off now.
At the very least, it wouldn't make sense to impeach at least until the DNC candidate is decided. Impeaching now would just take press attention away from the primaries.
It's true that Trump is far more resistant to scandal than a typical politician (but also far less capable of expanding his support). I think we're only talking a few percentage points of job approval, like he'd probably hit his floor and maybe a little lower. Like others (esp. JVS) have pointed out, "It's the economy, Stupid." That's what can make the biggest difference.

I think she's waiting to see how Mueller's testimony impacts public perception. If it hits Trump hard I think she'll back it. If it has little to no impact she's going to concentrate on 2020

So earth science people, what's with all these constant aftershocks in Cali? I thought those are just a day or two after?

Is this a good thing that it's like, releasing pressure and not gonna have a major quake? Or is this a sign of something bad incoming? Or do this amount of aftershocks happen more often than I think?

I'm just used to blizzards and the occasional tornado for my natural disasters.
They can last for months or years

Maybe it goes without saying but the impeachment proceedings are more important than the vote itself and should be slow rolled.

Trump is stone walling all of the witnesses. They have issued subpoenas and we know Mueller will testify.

That would actually be the worst scenario, and make it look like they're trying to steal the election.

They aren't going to impeach him, guys. Give up the dream. At least for this term, anyways. If he gets a second term and with the Dems having nothing to lose, they might go for it just out of spite. This term though? Not happening. Russia, and some maybe/maybe not obstruction charge, is not a blip on the public's radar. It doesn't even register as a matter of importance to them. Now, you may argue that public perception doesn't matter, but in reality, it's all that matters. Well, that and a Republican lead Senate that would laugh that shit off the floor.

I think she's waiting to see how Mueller's testimony impacts public perception. If it hits Trump hard I think she'll back it. If it has little to no impact she's going to concentrate on 2020

She's given a lot of reasons not to impeach, here's an edit of a post where I source them:

Fawlty said:

I think only a couple of those reasons can change (lack of support, other open investigations), so her position is likely to hold through the election. Also public support is down again, but will probably jump back up after Mueller.

He's sort of moved in the opposite of @IDL. Started as a standard Limbaugh fan type (defended Bush, talked about how the GOP had so many great candidates in 2012, etc.), and has become increasingly strange and less overtly political.
I think he still drops the occasional "both sides are the same so vote Republican" though. He's the OG whatabout'er of the War Room and that's difficult to leave behind entirely.

A pair of sons of a murdered mom jumped the convicted killer at his sentencing

Why couldn't these cops be the doughnut eater type? The brothers are gonna have 30 days in jail for contempt which I get, just wish there could have been a.better beat down given before cops got control of the situation. Red shirt got a few good licks in before he got tased.

@Gregolian, how often do attempts like this get made in a courtroom?

I would have done the same.

Excuse me?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...ller-decapitated-man-then-ate-his-organs.html

The statement of facts read in court said Li attacked McLean "for no apparent reason" and McLean fought to escape before he died.

As horrified passengers fled the bus, Li severed McLean's head and displayed it to some of the passengers outside, witnesses said.

A police report said an officer at the scene saw the attacker hacking off pieces of the body and eating them.

This guy is out and free and not being monitored because Drs. feel confident he's no longer violent and will continue taking his meds

Excuse me?

He's being a little over-dramatic, quite frankly. He only ate his tongue and eyeballs, and put his nose and ears in his pocket to snack on later. I don't think it's fair to keep misrepresenting the situation. He did not eat "him" as a whole. Now that would be absurd.

Interesting. Thanks. Seeing the man who killed your mom (beyond a reasonable doubt) I would think would cause more people's willpower to snap. Guess not.
much smarter to wait a while and pay someone on the inside to handle it imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back