Social WAR ROOM LOUNGE V29: Unsanctioned street threadmaking, Colosseum style (now with preferred spelling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hanging brain for beads or what

1.5 million tourists, all booking tours, tour guide money, and comedy money. Hopefully be making around $300-500 a day next month.

If I get the apartment I'm just going to pay off about four months of rent ASAP

Yeah it fucking sucks and dude it a major cunt. I pay 800 for a two bedroom Uptown by the Garden District and spend over $100 on transportation to work in the FQ a month.

But I'm probably off to LA in a year and a half so might as well live in one of the most famous neighborhoods in the world.

Jeeesus. And I'm on the other side of where the junkies hang out.
That's a nice area for only $800. I saw not that long ago you can rent places in the Quarter for about $1500. Which I would try to do if I lived there, but not sure what the job market is like and if that's reasonable. It's still less that what I pay for rent here.

1.5 million tourists, all booking tours, tour guide money, and comedy money. Hopefully be making around $300-500 a day next month.

If I get the apartment I'm just going to pay off about four months of rent ASAP

So banging drunk old ladies for money

giphy.gif

So the dude I sublet from is a piece of shit, and got kicked out of his place for fistfighting the landlords boyfriend lmao. So I've got to move out of mine. Annoying he couldn't wait a month for me to be making that sweet sweet Mardi Gras money but oh well.

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/apa/d/new-orleans-courtyard-apt-in-the-heart/6815335842.html

This place is pretty fucking baller. @PolishHeadlock pretty sure it's close to where your hotel was so you already know how badass that neighborhood is. What do y'all think?

That seems like a sweet deal for that neighborhood

That's a nice area for only $800. I saw not that long ago you can rent places in the Quarter for about $1500. Which I would try to do if I lived there, but not sure what the job market is like and if that's reasonable. It's still less that what I pay for rent here.

Depends on what you do for a living I suppose. Yeah for $800 its a really nice neighborhood and plenty of sq footage. I'm pretty pissed about losing it but the one thing I don't like is that it takes like thirty minutes to get home on the bus and an hour on the streetcar.

Plus $1,000 is really really cheap for the Quarter. A tiny studio on Decatur is $800 generally.

What a shitlord.

Also, anyone ever wonder if certain posters... like the dude that started the Jew thread this morning... are mod alts to ban bait people?
I dont know about mod alts.....

But there are definitely some people with suspect motives lurking

My buds @Sketch and @sniper invited me to post here.

My name is kid pambele

Sup buds
Mods I just got off the phone with @Bane's

He said hes very sorry about what he did and regrets it deeply. He wants to come back to post some good lulz with his good buds. I think we should give him another shot, I trust him.

I remember being a kid and thinking he was a real dick and that he hated pets and that was why he said that.
Are you serious? I think I just asked my parents why he said that.

How does SD cost of living stack up to Chicago?

Yeah it fucking sucks and dude it a major cunt. I pay 800 for a two bedroom Uptown by the Garden District and spend over $100 on transportation to work in the FQ a month.

But I'm probably off to LA in a year and a half so might as well live in one of the most famous neighborhoods in the world.

Jeeesus. And I'm on the other side of where the junkies hang out.
Speaking for myself, 18 months is a long time when it comes to putting up with commuting.
Funny, my wife and I were just talking about rent prices in the area. We live in a small city, 35K pop. give or take. A room in a 4-bedroom downtown is $600-700 for nothing special. It's crazy. Rentals are really hard to come by around here, now. Note this 6-700 is this small place is in comparison to a major US city. (This is not for our accommodation, but for some of her employees, just to be clear).

We pay far more than you for a 2 bedroom 2-story condo in downtown (well duh I hear you saying), but again, wee little city in a wee little province in Canuckistan. The west coast is far far worse, but I think everyone knows that. I thought our area wasn't as bad.

They are the number one threat to Australian wildlife. Considerably worse than habitat loss (which is saying something) and about twice as bad as foxes.
What about cane toads? Aren't they the worse scourge of them all?

Man, people sure know how to fuck up a good thing.

How does SD cost of living stack up to Chicago?
If you're comparing rentals good neighborhoods in the city of Chicago with the average in San Diego... it's about the same. Chicago suburbs are cheaper rent wise overall. One bedroom in a good area in Chicago is $1300-1600 a month... which is about what it is in SD unless you get close to the beach, then it gets well over $2000.

The price of housing is actually fairly similar here... the catch is, the house you spend a half a million dollars on here is half the size. The plus side though, is that property taxes are lot less than the Chicago area.

If you're comparing rentals good neighborhoods in the city of Chicago with the average in San Diego... it's about the same. Chicago suburbs are cheaper rent wise overall. One bedroom in a good area in Chicago is $1300-1600 a month... which is about what it is in SD unless you get close to the beach, then it gets well over $2000.

The price of housing is actually fairly similar here... the catch is, the house you spend a half a million dollars on here is half the size. The plus side though, is that property taxes are lot less than the Chicago area.
I might be having to look for places to rent in Seattle... fffffuuuuuuu

I might be having to look for places to rent in Seattle... fffffuuuuuuu
Seattle is actually more expensive than San Diego at this point.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/region_rankings.jsp?title=2018&region=019

Me and the gf have a great deal for a single-family one bedroom house (900 sq ft) we rent in central SD... $1640 a month. We're going to be buying a house in 1-1.5 years. Chances are we're going to be spending $475,000 to $500,000 on a single family home that is several miles away from the beach.

Seattle is actually more expensive than San Diego at this point.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/region_rankings.jsp?title=2018&region=019

Me and the gf have a great deal for a single-family one bedroom house (900 sq ft) we rent in central SD... $1640 a month. We're going to be buying a house in 1-1.5 years. Chances are we're going to be spending $475,000 to $500,000 on a single family home that is several miles away from the beach.
It's like $1200-$1300 for anything that's been built in the last 15 years. And even then it's like 250 sq ft at best.

That's a drag. Good luck.
I'm half tempted to find an extended stay hotel/motel to stay at for the first 2-3 months and wait for all the college kids to start leaving and take over those leases.

I'll probably hate my neighbors and the noise they make but it probably will be less expensive.

Also, hopefully I get interviewed for one of the other 2 jobs of the 3 I applied for.

1 I am being interviewed for pays like 24.84 an hour to be a Muni Court Clerk. I applied to be the supervisor/administrator for King County District Court which pays like $70k a year starting (hail mary application essentially) and then a Pierce County clerk job that pays like $25.78 but for $1100 a month I could get a 650sq ft studio with in unit W/D and only be like 2-3 block walk from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back