War Room Lounge v185: Orange Man Fad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to issue some apologies here.

@Fawlty
@Trotsky
@PolishHeadlock2
And, to a lesser degree, @Jack V Savage

I mentioned, multiple times, an extreme lack of Dem enthusiasm going into this election. I predicted a Trump victory based on the Biden nomination.

Biden has garnered the most votes of any presidential candidate in United States history. More than 2008 Obama. A few million left to be counted still.

So, I'm here to say I was wrong. Trump still has a chance to win the EC, but the sheer turnout for Biden is genuinely blowing my mind. I'm sorry I was condescending and pessimistic about Biden's chances as a candidate. Win or lose, he vastly outperformed my expectations.

You may all take turns shitting on me.
I expected their to be a much lower voter turnout this election and am pleasantly surprised I was wrong about that

People could have given me 88 million dollars, instead of McGrath, and had the same result plus one very happy man.

a3.jpg

@Fawlty
@Trotsky
@PolishHeadlock2

I mentioned, multiple times, an extreme lack of Dem enthusiasm going into this election. I predicted a Trump victory based on the Biden nomination.

Biden has garnered the most votes of any presidential candidate in United States history. More than 2008 Obama. A few million left to be counted still.

So, I'm here to say I was wrong. Trump still has a chance to win the EC, but the sheer turnout for Biden is genuinely blowing my mind. I'm sorry I was condescending and pessimistic about Biden's chances as a candidate. Win or lose, he vastly outperformed my expectations.

This turnout would have occurred for anybody not named Trump.

Depends on the thread. The main PBP thread is harder to curate because of the number and speed of posters.
Generally though, empty posts are deleted and could eventually lead to infractions if they are persistent enough (I tend to notice image/meme spam the most personally).
Certainly that's what happens when they're reported.

Sorry for the empty posts.

I had to express my death throes before the escape into nihilism.

Collins officially takes Maine Senate. By +10 points. Even though her polling averages were -4.

Two clear conclusions to draw:

(1) Senate polls are absolutely useless. They overestimated Democratic chances in every single race and, in some cases, were off by more than ten points.

Do you think anything with the horrendous polling will be fixed by 2024? Or are we gonna go in again assuming Rs win anything they’re within 5 points of and 5-10 point dem lead means toss up?

@Fawlty
@Trotsky
@PolishHeadlock2

Suck it, loser.

@Fawlty
@Trotsky
@PolishHeadlock2

There was alot of nose pinching going on while voting , those numbers are far more indicative of extreme dislike of trump

I'm also shocked that I might have to revise my opinion of Americans upwards.
I don't think I've ever had to do that.

Really?

This election cycle has made me more pessimistic about America than 2016 - by a wide margin. Trump was a largely unknown commodity in 2016 and people didn't think he had a chance so weren't motivated to vote. This cycle, he had the blood of 250k on his hands, daily showing of utter incompetence and dishonest for four years, and more incidents of corruption than the last half century of American presidents combined.

Nevertheless, he didn't seem to lose a single 2016 voter. He carried almost every traditionally purple state, winning Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, and Iowa, and losing Arizona....by probably a razor thin margin despite repeatedly pissing on the grave of their favorite son.

And, worse, some of the most indefensible, openly dishonest, and cartoonishly corrupt and incompetent Republican legislators kept their jobs - by wide margins! - across the board despite facing bona fide challengers and being outspent for the first time in history.

Just look into some of these clowns: Joni Ernst, Ann Wagner, Lindsey Graham, David Perdue, Steve Daines, Susan Collins, Rodney Davis.

Do you think anything with the horrendous polling will be fixed by 2024? Or are we gonna go in again assuming Rs win anything they’re within 5 points of and 5-10 point dem lead means toss up?

I mean....that's already how I treated it this year. The only race I took for granted was Maine....and that swung 15 fucking points in the GOP's favor.

So....yeah. If it wasn't fixed now, it won't be fixed. And what you describe will be my understanding of all congressional polls that I see.

@Fawlty
@Trotsky
@PolishHeadlock2

Here is big poopy

@Social Distance Warrior I saw that you tagged me in the middle of the night to make a joke about me saying it does not make sense to base your election predictions on gambling odds. Do you have a better understanding of why I said that now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back