War Room Lounge v182: Came for the Covid, stayed for the hypothermia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers to @44nutman for the thread title

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

If guns are your holdup, you might as well just make the cut. The farther you go left, the more they support gun rights. Our "far left" according to righties is barely left at all.
My issue I think is the mainline of the Dem party are dipshits like Beto who would think the AR15 shoots a more powerful round than the M1 simply cause it looks scarier.

Never mind the 30-06 has killed literally EVERYTHING that has walked or crawled on this gay Earth.

Posted in new thread so I don't lose track @Falsedawn

So the bunker boy threads like this one that has one line and 4 twitters is better than a video from a senate hearing?

I can add more commentary to the OP...

I don’t think it’s that much better but I usually get conflicted when there’s multiple tweets and usually keep it so long as there enough information about whatever is going on. They aren’t great OPs though imo. Anytime I see a YT video and just a sentence or so, I’ve dumped it. It’s one of the main hurdles we put in the guidelines to avoid a dump.

I don’t think it’s that much better but I usually get conflicted when there’s multiple tweets and usually keep it so long as there enough information about whatever is going on. They aren’t great OPs though imo. Anytime I see a YT video and just a sentence or so, I’ve dumped it. It’s one of the main hurdles we put in the guidelines to avoid a dump.
Thank you for clarifying. I did add some more to the OP

Man, taking a couple weeks off from disc golf was getting kinda rough. It was kinda wet and shitty outside but worth it. I lost one about 50 feet up a tree, where only squirrels dare imo.

My issue I think is the mainline of the Dem party are dipshits like Beto who would think the AR15 shoots a more powerful round than the M1 simply cause it looks scarier.

Never mind the 30-06 has killed literally EVERYTHING that has walked or crawled on this gay Earth.

Posted in new thread so I don't lose track @Falsedawn

My Grandpa had his M1 from his time in Korea. Used to get a lot of range time when I was kid. I'd say on top of their power, they're reliable as fuck, 50 some odd years later.

My Grandpa had his M1 from his time in Korea. Used to get a lot of range time when I was kid. I'd say on top of their power, they're reliable as fuck, 50 some odd years later.

yes they are. where was your Grandfather stationed?

Yongsan?
Camp Humphreys?
Camp Bonifas (formerly Camp Kittyhawk I think)

Falsedawn said:
Yeah, they can't deny the left forever. The more of those old fogeys who shuck off their mortal coil, the more the youth are going to drag the party left. AOC was the first of many like her. Plus if you get an actual Marxist or twelve, they'll be more adamant about gun rights than anyone else.
Just listening to folks like Feinstein and then shit like this:

Has me ready to petition Mat Best to let me be in a skit.

That round is still one of the MOST USED large game calibers out there. And M1s just with how they're made are rock solid. I really want one, my grandfather had an M1 tanker but it, well... walked after he passed away and repairmen showed up at the house to fix stuff. Grumble.

yes they are. where was your Grandfather stationed?

Yongsan?
Camp Humphreys?
Camp Bonifas (formerly Camp Kittyhawk I think)

He never talked about the war, until the dementia came on, and then it was blood and guts stories. Not sure of his history except he went twice.

He never talked about the war, until the dementia came on, and then it was blood and guts stories. Not sure of his history except he went twice.

some quick factoids about the Korean War
1) technically the war is still on going
2) the longest (in terms of distance) of a US military retreat .
3) The first War where a Jet, shot down another jet.

My dad has only ever told me two stories about Vietnam and that was enough to scare me away from ever asking about it again.

EDIT:
The memoir A Rumor of War did enough to round out the horrors of Vietnam too.

fuckin hilarious how the new hunter biden thread contains the poll question
"Do you think Joe Biden is corrupt and used his power as VP to enrich himself and his family?"
irony....thy name is sherdog....

next up....do you think running up huge deficits are ruining the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back