War Room Lounge v167: The Safest Space on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my fucking hell. This argument again.

"Honey Boo Boo isn't dumb. If she was, she wouldn't have went from overweight working class child pageant contestant to one of the most famous reality TV stars of all-time."

At least with Trump, the usual recipient of this line of argument, his professional role consisted of more than talking and saying "brooooo, no way" when someone claims Lord of the Rings is based on a true story.

"The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all."

Oh my fucking hell. This argument again.

"Honey Boo Boo isn't dumb. If she was, she wouldn't have went from overweight working class child pageant contestant to one of the most famous reality TV stars of all-time."

At least with Trump, the usual recipient of this line of argument, his professional role consisted of more than talking and saying "brooooo, no way" when someone claims Lord of the Rings is based on a true story.
Oh come on, there is quite a difference between Honey Boo Boo/TLC's production philosophies and Joe Rogan. Rogan may not be Einstein, but he mostly produces everything himself. Not everyone can make a 3 hour conversation entertaining, it takes *some* PR skill. And I doubt Honey Boo Boo can coerce Elon Musk to smoke a joint on air (thus dropping Tesla's stock and forcing an attempted takeover) , or Milo whatshisname to ruin his career by advocating pedophilia.

Just open your mind, Quaid.

BTW, apparently the couple who lives above me in my new apartment spoke a lot of weed. In addition to my hating the smell, it's making me get stuffy and sneeze. Literally just moved in and I'm going to have to start looking again.
The way you wrote that, it sounds like they're in the apartment with you on another floor. Ugh. Fuckin' roommates. I hate roommates. I went down to no TV, no cable, no landline, bitchass 5Mbps internet, no drinking, no pot, and walked everywhere I went, just to save enough to live alone at one point. I had to after having one too many roommates. Get the fuck out if you can't insist they smoke outside. If motherfuckers can smoke outside around here, there's nowhere at sea level in the US where that should be an issue any time of year except around the Great Lakes, maybe.

Otherwise, i.e. if you mean the couple who lives above your new apartment (just in case), complain to the building management, or at least tell them to put a damp towel against the door.

He's not dumb, that's the point. If he was dumb, he wouldn't have gone from a cockfighting commentator to the #1 podcast on the planet.

Look. He's driven and done an incredible job, that doesn't change the fact that he's intellectually a straight up fucking thumb. The fact he's so dumb is why he's successful because he appeals to the stoned moron in all of us "yeah... Monkeys are scary!"

There's a reason that he leans into the caveman stuff, dude has the wit of one and looks at every guest like they just showed him the wheel for the first time.

Explained far better than I can..that is a perfect post lol.

Look. He's driven and done an incredible job, that doesn't change the fact that he's intellectually a straight up fucking thumb. The fact he's so dumb is why he's successful because he appeals to the stoned moron in all of us "yeah... Monkeys are scary!"

There's a reason that he leans into the caveman stuff, dude has the wit of one and looks at every guest like they just showed him the wheel for the first time.

He doesn't appeal to me at all, but I can't deny that more intellectuals and important people choose to go on his stoner show than others. Maybe it's because he chooses not to argue with them or simply can't be on their level, but that doesn't mean the guy is a box of rocks, either. I've seen everyone of you who replied to his say some pretty stupid shit before, as well :p

Oh come on, there is quite a difference between Honey Boo Boo/TLC's production philosophies and Joe Rogan. Rogan may not be Einstein, but he mostly produces everything himself. Not everyone can make a 3 hour conversation entertaining, it takes *some* PR skill. And I doubt Honey Boo Boo can coerce Elon Musk to smoke a joint on air (thus dropping Tesla's stock and forcing an attempted takeover) , or Milo whatshisname to ruin his career by advocating pedophilia.

Can you source that he mostly does the production himself?

Musk knew what he was doing. He was talking about taking the company private at the same time.

It's part of his charm. He's actually a pretty good interviewer in that, whether by accident or design, he encourages his guests to give an introductory and highly accessible view of their ideas.

Musk knew what he was doing. He was talking about taking the company private at the same time.
He's been talking about that for years. He's pushing the boundaries of insider trading with his "the stock should drop lol" stuff

He's been talking about that for years. He's pushing the boundaries of insider trading with his "the stock should drop lol" stuff

Yeah exactly. So it's not like Rogan coerced him into smoking.

He went on the show to so what he was going to do

The way you wrote that, it sounds like they're in the apartment with you on another floor. Ugh. Fuckin' roommates. I hate roommates. I went down to no TV, no cable, no landline, bitchass 5Mbps internet, no drinking, no pot, and walked everywhere I went, just to save enough to live alone at one point. I had to after having one too many roommates. Get the fuck out if you can't insist they smoke outside. If motherfuckers can smoke outside around here, there's nowhere at sea level in the US where that should be an issue any time of year except around the Great Lakes, maybe.

Otherwise, i.e. if you mean the couple who lives above your new apartment (just in case), complain to the building management, or at least tell them to put a damp towel against the door.

No, different apartments. They're in the apartment above me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back