War Room Lounge v151: Between drinking and burning, I don't need another vice in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
116178120_936249043553304_923633649672527302_n.jpg

The more I learn about economics the more I wonder if the deficit even matters

Exactly who is calling in this debt? And isn't debt just another term for asset?

As long as deficits lead to growth debt is being paid back through an expanded economy. From my understanding where you run into problems is with the interest rate a state pays on the debt.
It matters to an extent. All long as revenues grow, interest rates and inflation is low, not so much. Now, revenues are down and inflation is looking like a reality soon.

Maybe we just see different policy goals here. There are examples of excessive means testing going the wrong direction (drug tests for poor people) but it makes perfect sense to have programs still try to target the group it was intended for. If we have a system like FASFA, do you really think we can’t implement programs for student debt forgiveness? I mean we have something in place already so we are mostly talking about expansion here.
Yeah definitely I'm willing to compromise. I just believe often is the case if it becomes some kind of years long research program first until actual implementation- nothing gets done and you end up wasting up a bunch of money on bureaucratic nonsense.

It's good to hit the ground running like with the initial CARES Act that gave $600/wk extra. Democrats voted to extend it until January with the HEROES Act, then Republicans come around 10 weeks later(a week before expiry) saying it was too generous do a means tested income-based system. Well now nothing is getting done because it will take states months to implement such a system.

Yeah definitely I'm willing to compromise. I just believe often is the case if it becomes some kind of years long research program first until actual implementation- nothing gets done and you end up wasting up a bunch of money on bureaucratic nonsense.

It's good to hit the ground running like with the initial CARES Act that gave $600/wk extra. Democrats voted to extend it until January with the HEROES Act, then Republicans come around 10 weeks later(a week before expiry) saying it was too generous do a means tested income-based system. Well now nothing is getting done because it will take states months to implement such a system.

Id like to separate the stimulus during the crisis from a regular program. They work differently enough that when I make a point about one, it shouldn’t mean the same thing for the other. My guess is the GOP doesn’t want an extension or wants it to be fairly smaller. Delaying near the deadline is a political play cause there isn’t a lot of time left on the clock and they can press a counter that doesn’t give much time to debate. It isn’t the way I’d like congress to work but that tactic has happened before.

LOL. Never gonna happen. I'm okay with paying back money that I agreed to borrow, but if they want to axe interest, that'd be fucking grand. Half of my payments were going to interest before all of this. Now I'm paying a little extra to whittle down that principle so when that interest kicks back in it won't be nearly as high.
Biden/Warren would actually excite me about the future. Biden/Harris depresses the absolute fuck out of me.

It's fucking unreal that half (most?) the country thinks CNN is remotely comparable to Fox News. It's entertainment drivel versus actual, shameless propaganda.
I have my problems with CNN, and lord knows i've been nursing a grudge against Wolf Blitzer for literally decades, but there really is no comparison with Fox. It's unabashedly naked propaganda.

Id like to separate the stimulus during the crisis from a regular program. They work differently enough that when I make a point about one, it shouldn’t mean the same thing for the other. My guess is the GOP doesn’t want an extension or wants it to be fairly smaller. Delaying near the deadline is a political play cause there isn’t a lot of time left on the clock and they can press a counter that doesn’t give much time to debate. It isn’t the way I’d like congress to work but that tactic has happened before.
I'd argue Congress often operates the same way, pandemic or not, by failing to act until the problem becomes a crisis. Take the USPS. Republicans have actively tried to kill that institution for decades and now that it's on its deathbed they're squabbling over the $25-50B that's requested to "bail them out."

Well, Democrats did no favors when they held majorities in Senate/House during Obama's first term. But now the USPS is in legit crisis mode and it's looking too little too late.

@Sycho Sid After our discussion, I started listening to more Nicki Minaj. Still think she's a talented rapper and charismatic person. And obviously hot as hell. But learning that she got married to a convicted rapist and convicted killer is a bummer.

The (R) is for rant
I’d probably be down there doing the
“When was the last time anyone in here had a real 9-5 job? In the last decade? Last two? I know some of you never have. Anyone in this country making less than 85k is struggling even if they still have their job. We should have recurring payments of 1500-2000 until March of 2021 with a requirement to re-analyze in February depending on pandemic conditions. An extra 500 per dependent up to three total under 14 years of age. An extra 250 if they’re over 14.”

With the $5 trillion spent to put a floor on the stock market, they could have added another $1.5T to pay off all student loans. Talk about a boon to the economy- it would free 43 million people from that burden and help accelerate a recovery.
Yes but that does nothing for Globalists. People in debt paying high interest rates is their life force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back