War Room Lounge v121: Chess can definitely make your brain hurt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to read something along those lines, where are you getting the idea they are doing away with all reporting standards?

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-relea...-strengthen-title-ix-protections-all-students

I'm not seeing that there

The Department also intends to leave postsecondary institutions wide discretion to craft and implement the recipient’s own employee reporting policy to decide (as to employees who are not the Title IX Coordinator and not officials with authority) which employees are mandatory reporters (i.e., employees who must report sexual harassment to the Title IX Coordinator), which employees may listen to a student’s or employee’s disclosure of sexual harassment without being required to report it to the Title IX Coordinator, and/or which employees must report sexual harassment to the Title IX Coordinator but only with the complainant’s consent. No matter how a college or university designates its employees with respect to mandatory reporting to the Title IX Coordinator, the final regulations ensure that students at postsecondary institutions, as well as employees, are notified of the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information and have clear reporting channels, including options accessible even during non-business hours,159 for reporting sexual harassment in order to trigger the postsecondary institution’s response obligations.

Without a centralized definition of who mandatory reporters are, you're leaving a gaping hole that schools can use to minimize any civil damage to the school. Especially with respect to athletics, the first person to learn about an indiscretion is often the coach or another AD official with some sort of clout in the program. Unless the school then defines it, they would not be under any requirement to report it to the Title IX office and then begin a formal investigation. I mentioned Nassar for a reason, because Michigan State did just that, decided to quell any reports made in order to limit the scope of liability that they had in his indiscretions. Keeping the reporting standards in the hands of the schools who have been known to act in their own self interests is a quick way to only pursuing particularly notable cases instead of all cases reported to any level of the university.

The regs assume that Universities will craft robust reporting policies because it's "best practice", but history has told us it's just a gaping loophole there to be exploited when convenient.

Without a centralized definition of who mandatory reporters are, you're leaving a gaping hole that schools can use to minimize any civil damage to the school. Especially with respect to athletics, the first person to learn about an indiscretion is often the coach or another AD official with some sort of clout in the program. Unless the school then defines it, they would not be under any requirement to report it to the Title IX office and then begin a formal investigation. I mentioned Nassar for a reason, because Michigan State did just that, decided to quell any reports made in order to limit the scope of liability that they had in his indiscretions. Keeping the reporting standards in the hands of the schools who have been known to act in their own self interests is a quick way to only pursuing particularly notable cases instead of all cases reported to any level of the university.

The regs assume that Universities will craft robust reporting policies because it's "best practice", but history has told us it's just a gaping loophole there to be exploited when convenient.

While the mandatory reporter seems like an issue, it still states " No matter how a college or university designates its employees with respect to mandatory reporting to the Title IX Coordinator, the final regulations ensure that students at postsecondary institutions, as well as employees, are notified of the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information and have clear reporting channels, including options accessible even during non-business hours,159 for reporting sexual harassment in order to trigger the postsecondary institution’s response obligations."

So even if a mandatory reporter isn't doing their job (or trying to quell actual reports), there still exists an avenue for students to make reports.

I noticed him when I started the PHL account in 2012 and he was that way in 2012 -2014 in Mayberry and P&M. Also his posting style of the time seemed like a teenager to me so I just mainly ignored him but at some point he admitted he was in his mid 30s and that's when people started pointing it out to the mods.

He got warned, shit got deleted and he eventually was banned.

After one of the big purges they were low on activity and unbanned a bunch of accounts and he was let back in as long as he knocked it off. So he pivoted to "The South will Rise Again"

I get him confused with shadow_priest or something like that. Both friendly Nazis from the south.

I remember he'd be posting about fun, silly shit in one thread, and then he'd casually drop something about black IQ scores or something and start a friendly discussion with anyone that challenged him. Oh, and then he admitted that he was bisexual.

<{outtahere}>

While the mandatory reporter seems like an issues, it still states " No matter how a college or university designates its employees with respect to mandatory reporting to the Title IX Coordinator, the final regulations ensure that students at postsecondary institutions, as well as employees, are notified of the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information and have clear reporting channels, including options accessible even during non-business hours,159 for reporting sexual harassment in order to trigger the postsecondary institution’s response obligations."

So even if a mandatory reporter isn't doing their job (or trying to quell actual reports), there still exists an avenue for students to make reports.

Unless a student is doggedly pursuing the case after ostensibly reporting it to a person of authority, that's a major cop out. And really it just reinforces my point. Because the line will be "Well if it was such a big deal, why didn't you report it to the Title IX office instead of just a coach"?

These are traumatic experiences you're talking about, and much of the issue surrounding reporting is that people aren't necessarily willing to subject themselves to the full scrutiny of the process without having the shield of a trusted individual to offset some of their fears. You're allowing a situation in which schools can hide behind the information being "out there" while ignoring that they already reported it to a trusted individual. Do you think Michigan State was hiding their Title IX office in a hole or something? The failure was on persons of authority not acting on credible reports made by their athletes, NOT the students failing to follow up with the Title IX office. Simply pointing to a phone number on a website fundamentally fails to remedy the issues associated with rolling back mandatory reporter standards and in fact expects the victim to take it upon themselves to validate that their reports are even being heard by the right people. Imagine if we told soldiers with PTSD that their doctor failed to notate their traumatic experience and as a result it's their fault that they didn't get help for their trauma. People would be apoplectic.

I get him confused with shadow_priest or something like that. Both friendly Nazis from the south.

I remember he'd be posting about fun, silly shit in one thread, and then he'd casually drop something about black IQ scores or something and start a friendly discussion with anyone that challenged him. Oh, and then he admitted that he was bisexual.

<{outtahere}>

Well he is gone.

I got that shadow priest guy to delete his account.

I smell a story, Shaddow-priest used to do a big movie thread.
I never paid much attention to him.

War Room getting awfully OTy in here last 48 hours

tenor.gif

I think I just saw a guy defending the two shooters in the Ahmaud thread by saying "innocent until proven guilty" I wish they would have shown Ahmaud the same courtesy

Last edited:
I thought you guys said that POS had been re-banned.

Nope. We said he got UNBANNED when they migrated the forum IIRC.
They let some posters return with their original account. He was one.
He then change his name and have been keeping a low profile.

I think I just saw a guy defending the two shooters in the Ahmaud thread by saying "innocent until proven guilty" I wish they would have shown Ahmaud the same courtesy
Roostercucklefuck ?

Nope one of my favs Americuntcana or something.
Dude is one of gods special little children

he won't step foot in here anymore I think haha

unless it's about chess

Oh he is in the Ahmaud thread defending the shooters.

he's said some racist shit in the past if I remember correctly.

my theory is that he's had women cheat on/leave him for some brothers.

I've asked him about this specifically at times, & he's never replied back haha

Unless a student is doggedly pursuing the case after ostensibly reporting it to a person of authority, that's a major cop out. And really it just reinforces my point. Because the line will be "Well if it was such a big deal, why didn't you report it to the Title IX office instead of just a coach"?

These are traumatic experiences you're talking about, and much of the issue surrounding reporting is that people aren't necessarily willing to subject themselves to the full scrutiny of the process without having the shield of a trusted individual to offset some of their fears. You're allowing a situation in which schools can hide behind the information being "out there" while ignoring that they already reported it to a trusted individual. Do you think Michigan State was hiding their Title IX office in a hole or something? The failure was on persons of authority not acting on credible reports made by their athletes, NOT the students failing to follow up with the Title IX office. Simply pointing to a phone number on a website fundamentally fails to remedy the issues associated with rolling back mandatory reporter standards and in fact expects the victim to take it upon themselves to validate that their reports are even being heard by the right people. Imagine if we told soldiers with PTSD that their doctor failed to notate their traumatic experience and as a result it's their fault that they didn't get help for their trauma. People would be apoplectic.

Is the title IX coordinator not an authority figure they can report to? As I understand the changes, that position still exists on campus and students can go straight to them to report. So is the solution here just to fix the mandatory reporter standards while keeping the changes that established due process rights of the accused as well as the other changes? Or do you take issue with all the changes?

They way I am seeing it, the main issues with these changes is fear it may discourage victims from reporting which seems to be common problem with sexual assualt/rape. And while this isn't a solution to that issue, it at least solves many other issues that where happening on campuses in regards to these Title IX cases.

Sir Galahad is Cint btw. he's probably going to report me

@Sketch

KVpx8Zr.png

I smell a story, Shaddow-priest used to do a big movie thread.
I never paid much attention to him.

It might have been @PolishHeadlock2 that would engage him in other threads and bring up his bizarre Hitler apologist stances.

Fucking guy really was out there arguing that Hitler formally asked the Jews to leave Germany and even gave them time to do this. But they refused this courtesy so the ensuing Holocaust wasn't that immoral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back