• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Volkanovski will lose his next fight vs Topuria...

He’s 3-0 against a guy who would be considered a top 5 fighter all time if he didn’t run into volk
Beating the same guy 3x just shows you're a stylistic bad matchup. You need to see him against all types of styles and top contenders. Beating the same guy over and over doesn't mean much when they haven't much of the rest of the contenders.

I think he's got a good chance against Volk.

He certainly has better boxing and power than Volks recent opponents. That's what intrigues me.

Holloway has good hands but little pop on his punches. Yair is more of a kicker. Ortega is not a very good striker. So there's a fresh challenge here and I wouldn't be surprised if he won

Topuria should fight Max next. But, in the case he fights Volk instead, he will lose by brutal (T)KO or submission from strikes. He's going to cry after that fight.

Your "analysis" is just wishful thinking.
I think you will cry after fight

Volks game is sorta built around being the much shorter guy, which won’t be the case here. He won’t be able to counter long straights and duck under for body locks as comfortably as normal, and His foot speed advantage won’t be enough to overcome the danger threat of Topurias hand speed and power, coupled with lights out grappling.

Volk is going unconscious, whether it be by submission or KO.

No way volk is losing to ilia. If he starts losing in the stand up he will plant ilia on his butt and beat him up on the ground. Volk will dictate how the fight goes and thus win.

Topuria got all the skills to do it. The wrestling credentials, the boxing, and the power. The only think Volk has over him is cardio and speed. I can see Topuria knocking Volk out.

Beating the same guy 3x just shows you're a stylistic bad matchup. You need to see him against all types of styles and top contenders. Beating the same guy over and over doesn't mean much when they haven't much of the rest of the contenders.
He has wins over basically everybody in the division that’s matter the last decade. Mendes, aldo. T-city, yair, and max 3 times.

I think Toupira will be a future champ but I do not think he beats Volk, his chin is really questionable, he got dropped by Bryce I know fear of takedown but still, he likes to get into brawls way to often he got dropped by Jai, I think if Volk can box south paw and counter punch, then he will via ko, they are a lot similar in skill,

He has wins over basically everybody in the division that’s matter the last decade. Mendes, aldo. T-city, yair, and max 3 times.
Max actually has more wins against everyone in the division that matters in the past decade. We'll see against how he dies Topuria.

In a way they are both winners.

But the real winner is Volk

It isn't like Topuria TDD is top notch. Mitchell took him down during round 1 and controlled him. Bryce was clearly tired during round 2 and wasn't able to take Topuria to the ground again.

I think Volk, who is clearly stronger and has better cardio than Bryce implements a wrestling heavy plan to a win by decision with vicious ground and pound during it.

OP I congratulate you on some well-presented arguments. Father Time is undefeated, we'll see if it's Volk's time but your arguments have moved me from being 100% certain of a Volk win to 85% certain....

Volks game is sorta built around being the much shorter guy, which won’t be the case here. He won’t be able to counter long straights and duck under for body locks as comfortably as normal, and His foot speed advantage won’t be enough to overcome the danger threat of Topurias hand speed and power, coupled with lights out grappling.

Volk is going unconscious, whether it be by submission or KO.

Aldo and Mendes were short too yet Volk frustrated them anyways

Topuria is for real and can get the upset but Volk should be the favourite

I see Ilia as a tough match up for Volk.

He's really going to have to hide that chin.

Bet TS also swore that Yair would demolish Volk :rolleyes:

Back