Media Volkanovski & Topuria have friendly encounter at media day, Topuria wears UFC belt

Well played by Volk. No need to get all rattled by it like Aldo and catch a beat down because you got all emotional.
You seem to be forgetting the year long/world shit talking tour that Aldo and Conor went on sir.

You'd get pissed off too.

Has anyone ever brandished a UFC belt before they won it and been successful? Feels like maybe O'Malley did it recently, but I've seen it blow up more than work.

I wonder how much Volk has been drinking this time.

Volk never drinks during camp, he just drank a little recreationally in between the Yair & Islam 2 fights. People exaggerate how much he was drinking and act like was in party mode getting hammered every night for months on end lol.

Volk never drinks during camp, he just drank a little recreationally in between the Yair & Islam 2 fights. People exaggerate how much he was drinking and act like was in party mode getting hammered every night for months on end lol.

I personally don't care what he foes, its his life sir lol

Strange to see Volk fighting a guy who's not way taller than him, it's been a while.

It was cringe becuase you knew he was just copying mcgregor

when mcgregor did it people loved it

when ilia does it the neutral crowd starts booing him and volk doesnt even freak out and comes back with a great quip “it’ll be a long time before you touch it again”

just a bad look for ilia and I saw his head dropping a few times

Copying Conor
272C51A100000578-3020193-image-a-19_1427839666922.jpg

Doesn't help that Aldo's boss of many years is laughing at you with this little leprechaun.
That's why when they offered Aldo a rematch it was at 155lb with no title on the line on short notice.

Whole thing was weak sauce sir.
View attachment 1029781
I did not forget, just one more thing that pissed Aldo off I suppose.

Man, if ilia loses, people are going to have a field day with all the stuff he's been doing.
that’s the risk you gotta take sometimes to get people invested. hard to begrudge him that. trash talk is a gamble on yourself.

all that said, i dont find any of his trash talk interesting. it’s just the typical megalomaniacal stuff. ironically, its volk who seems to be adding something new. his humble, wholesome, lighthearted old man image is endearing (including the old man costume bit). makes him hard to root against. it’s also low risk, because it won’t be used against him if he loses. wise promotional angle for a long-time champion.

Wearing a belt you never won with no shirt on and flexing is cringy as fuck. Hope Volk smashes him.

I feel that Volk should have taken more offence than he did .
How would the challenger have access to the title like that ? Is it just sitting around for anyone to walk up and play around with ?
perhaps he gave it to him for the stunt. it would be mutually beneficial after all.

Back