Volkanovski. The Aussie Champ that we got, but don't deserve.

no, but it wins fights which is what its all about .

In the world of the Olympics maybe, but UFC hype is based on other things, which some of us may not like, but it is what it is.
<WhatItIs>

Plus
All he had is one controversial title defense.
Look at Usman, he deserves the hype 10 times more than Volk, but nobody's talking about him as well.

Boring style, can't finish.

Bro, he finished Chad and then he's only fought Max and Aldo since then, two guys who have only 6 stoppages losses between them over a combined 65 fights. It's not like he's been fighting easy to finish guys just recently. And even before that it was Elkins, who isn't prone to getting finished either.

Bro, he finished Chad and then he's only fought Max and Aldo since then, two guys who have only 6 stoppages losses between them over a combined 65 fights. It's not like he's been fighting easy to finish guys just recently. And even before that it was Elkins, who isn't prone to getting finished either.
True, but it was Chad's last fight in MMA. And he didn't finish Hirota or Young either, despite none of them being as dangerous and resilient as Max. Volkanovski point fighting is effective, but I don't enjoy watching it too much. Finish is not something that is even on his mind, despite his strength and offensive potential. And he also proved extremely tough to put away himself at 266, which was kinda frustrating to me.

Why is nobody talking about this guy?
He's got an insane work ethic, an insane mindset, and he's got that hilarious Aussie personality like a character straight out of Mad Max. Volkanovski is like a Kano lookalike from Mortal Kombat <Lmaoo>
Brian Ortega deserves to get spanked hard by this dude. Can't stand the smugness of Ortega.

I'm expecting a beating worse than Max Holloway gave him.

Reconstructive facial surgery level of beating.

Go Volk!
He lost to Max twice.

He beat a fan favorite in Holloway, in a match that many though Holloway won. That may be it right there. That's the only sense I can make of it. I agree with everything you said about him though and am a fan.

Gifted decisions twice against a far more exciting fighter. Can't finish a shot fighter that got finished by someone in a lower weight class. Boring wall and stall and point fighter.
If you seriously think he was gifted a decision in the first fight you don't know shit about MMA and should probably look for another sport. If anything the UFC would prefer to have Max or even Ortega as champion, but stay salty or don't, your choice.

Alexander won, but I don't know why you guys hate on Brian, he didn't deserve the amount of beating he took.

Alexander won, but I don't know why you guys hate on Brian, he didn't deserve the amount of beating he took.
I was v surprised his corner didn't throw the towel in when having to drag him to the stool. Props to Ortega though for coming back and arguably winning the 5th round, he copped more of a battering but you've got to give him a lot of respect for that effort. Don't think it's any great shame to be arguably the third best in a division including two absolute beasts in Volk and Holloway.

I was v surprised his corner didn't throw the towel in when having to drag him to the stool. Props to Ortega though for coming back and arguably winning the 5th round, he copped more of a battering but you've got to give him a lot of respect for that effort. Don't think it's any great shame to be arguably the third best in a division including two absolute beasts in Volk and Holloway.

Should have been stopped. There is no respect in taking so much unnecessary beating, you have only one brain. If the fight was stopped earlier, he can save whatever health he has left, recuperate, improve, wait out, maybe one day he'd be the champ, its not too late.

Should have been stopped. There is no respect in taking so much unnecessary beating, you have only one brain. If the fight was stopped earlier, he can save whatever health he has left, recuperate, improve, wait out, maybe one day he'd be the champ, its not too late.
Can certainly see the logic in that but he wanted to continue, hell he wanted to continue in the Holloway fight and his camp was seemingly happy enough to let him, was bit suss with Herb Dean and the doc giving him time to recover but to me it just showed he's not going to be a champion whilst either of Holloway or Volk are around.

An angry midget with close fights with Holloway?
His only Tko in recent years was because Mendes gassed trying to finish him, after he got him hurt.

Can certainly see the logic in that but he wanted to continue, hell he wanted to continue in the Holloway fight and his camp was seemingly happy enough to let him, was bit suss with Herb Dean and the doc giving him time to recover but to me it just showed he's not going to be a champion whilst either of Holloway or Volk are around.
Yes, but he can always wait our or change division. Max is not gonna last at 145, he must move to 155, he is incredibly big for FW.

Yes, but he can always wait our or change division. Max is not gonna last at 145, he must move to 155, he is incredibly big for FW.
And he's what going to wait for Volk to age out too? Max could well conceivably be forced up next year if he beats Yair then loses a trilogy fight to Volk I don't think even Dana will be able to justify another rematch but Ortega needs to be at least 3 fights away from a title fight now. I don't see Ortega achieving any success against the upper echelons of 155 either tbh. Don't see him beating any of Chandler, Do Bronx or Poirier.

Last edited:
An angry midget with close fights with Holloway?
His only Tko in recent years was because Mendes gassed trying to finish him, after he got him hurt.
Edgy take, we get it you don't watch midgets fight. Your loss entirely, you missed a banger of a fight.

Back