Volkanovski. The Aussie Champ that we got, but don't deserve.

Have no idea, I don’t think he would have been part of the team that he gutted and replaced. But honestly I’m not sure.

I think he's the one that originally gave Brian that infamous "choice", too, so it seems strange that he's just vanished completely. I know ortega wanted more coaches brought in, but to cut that guy out completely seems weird. Something must have went down.

I think he's the one that originally gave Brian that infamous "choice", too, so it seems strange that he's just vanished completely. I know ortega wanted more coaches brought in, but to cut that guy out completely seems weird. Something must have went down.
Ortega had reasons to change his team wether coaches for toxic or they lost their chemistry with eachother. But definitely very strange to get rid of an og like that. In the countdown Ortega mentions his coaches who he has had since the max fight happened and I can’t remember if he was listed because I wasn’t fully paying attention to that when I watched it.

just searched it, Ortega left him.

https://www.espn.com.au/mma/story/_/id/29796259/brian-ortega-eager-show-completely-different-fighter

When he defends 3-4 more tiems people will ride his nuts similar to how they did with Woodley

Ortega had reasons to change his team wether coaches for toxic or they lost their chemistry with eachother. But definitely very strange to get rid of an og like that. In the countdown Ortega mentions his coaches who he has had since the max fight happened and I can’t remember if he was listed because I wasn’t fully paying attention to that when I watched it.

just searched it, Ortega left him.

https://www.espn.com.au/mma/story/_/id/29796259/brian-ortega-eager-show-completely-different-fighter

That's sad considering he was always the one ortega credited for getting him off the streets. Oh well, I'm sure he had his reasons

That's sad considering he was always the one ortega credited for getting him off the streets. Oh well, I'm sure he had his reasons
Yeah, he said he knew things needed changing going back to the moicano fight in that article I posted.. so far so good as seen in the KZ fight, and he did look like a completely different fighter as he said he wanted to become.

Yeah, he said he knew things needed changing going back to the moicano fight in that article I posted.. so far so good as seen in the KZ fight, and he did look like a completely different fighter as he said he wanted to become.

Yeah, I'm sure it was good for his career, but i meant more so that it's sad on a personal level.

Gifted decisions twice against a far more exciting fighter. Can't finish a shot fighter that got finished by someone in a lower weight class. Boring wall and stall and point fighter.

Gifted decisions twice against a far more exciting fighter. Can't finish a shot fighter that got finished by someone in a lower weight class. Boring wall and stall and point fighter.

Tell me how you scored the first fight for Max so that the rest of us can have a good laugh

How dare you? <Eek2.0>

Gotta say, only thing I like about Ortega is his sick car.
PS: What's up with all these gang signs Ortega is throwing <45>

These guys work so hard to get out from the hood and then they rep it everywhere i dont understand

Yeah, I'm sure it was good for his career, but i meant more so that it's sad on a personal level.
Definitely agree, hard to not think that when you turn your back on someone that turned your life around.

I’d like to think that despite not involved with eachother in coaching that they still hang out and drink a modelo together at a cookout.

<Fedor23>

He's only fought once in nearly 2 years, and gone to decision in 6 of his last 8. Great fighter obviously, but there's not that much to talk about.

Many imbeciles.
Now idk about that…
Some mma fighters and some some mma referees have said they thought Max should have won.

I personally wouldnt have minded if it was a draw even, the fight was close. But as far as score settled, Volk dif won the first fight clearly, so he’s still the man to beat if a trilogy is completed.

Work ethic doesn't sell fights. His style is pretty boring. People also compare him to Max, who is very dominant when he wins. He is like GSP, when he was at the end of his career
no, but it wins fights which is what its all about .

Just addressing comments in this thread..

Volk won the first, no question.

Second was probably a draw..

Because the third round could have gone either way.. although I think volk edged the third.

1,2 Max - clear (both 10-9)
4,5 Volk - close
3rd Draw or Volk..

Why is nobody talking about this guy?
MMA fans in general don't care about manlets, except for fans from countries were the average height is very short, such as Mexico, or countries with very few pro fighters.

Australia has a fairly tall average height and multiple UFC fighters.

5PHviJu_d.webp

Image2.jpg

Back