Volkanovski. The Aussie Champ that we got, but don't deserve.

Big fan of Volkanovski
20-fight win streak
Won all 10 of his first UFC fights. (hardly anyone ever done that, think it's 3 or 4 other fighters, ever).

Seems just Max Hollyway fanbois are somewhat salty. Everyone else appreciates the man's work, and personality too.

Volk has more finishes on his record than Max.
Max finished Aldo (x2), Ortega, Swanson and Pettis (even if we don't count freak injury Oliveira win). Volk's most high-profile finish is... ?

That's gotta be retirement party Mendes.

Last edited:
True, but it was Chad's last fight in MMA. And he didn't finish Hirota or Young either, despite none of them being as dangerous and resilient as Max. Volkanovski point fighting is effective, but I don't enjoy watching it too much. Finish is not something that is even on his mind, despite his strength and offensive potential. And he also proved extremely tough to put away himself at 266, which was kinda frustrating to me.

Ah, man. I don't agree that finishing isn't something on Volk's mind. He was absolutely trying to kill Chad, Elkins, Kennedy, and now Ortega. Max is fucking hard to finish. I mean, LW Dustin cracked him a heap of times and still couldn't finish him. If anything, Max was getting stronger.

And Hirota and Young aren't really guys who get finished much either. 1 KO loss each between a heap of fights. I think it's less Volk being a finisher and more of them just being hard to finish.

It's only really that one fight in the UFC against Aldo. It sucks that he fought that way, for sure, but that's really the only mark against him, I think.

Why does Volk himself being hard to finish frustrate you? haha. Isn't that a good thing to see?

Ah, man. I don't agree that finishing isn't something on Volk's mind. He was absolutely trying to kill Chad, Elkins, Kennedy, and now Ortega. Max is fucking hard to finish. I mean, LW Dustin cracked him a heap of times and still couldn't finish him. If anything, Max was getting stronger.

And Hirota and Young aren't really guys who get finished much either. 1 KO loss each between a heap of fights. I think it's less Volk being a finisher and more of them just being hard to finish.

It's only really that one fight in the UFC against Aldo. It sucks that he fought that way, for sure, but that's really the only mark against him, I think.

Why does Volk himself being hard to finish frustrate you? haha. Isn't that a good thing to see?
In the Ortega fight, it was clearly Ortega who was trying to get the finish. And Volk escaped from some nearly-impossible situations. I simply can't imagine people escaping something like that.

In the Ortega fight, it was clearly Ortega who was trying to get the finish. And Volk escaped from some nearly-impossible situations. I simply can't imagine people escaping something like that.

You don't think Volk was going for the finish after he got out of those subs and then GNPd the absolute crap out of Ortega to the point where his corner had to scrape him off the canvas and onto the stool in between rounds?

You don't think Volk was going for the finish after he got out of those subs and then GNPd the absolute crap out of Ortega to the point where his corner had to scrape him off the canvas and onto the stool in between rounds?
The saddest moment in this fight for me was that the most damage was done apparently as a result of an accidental head clash. And being neither Ortega fan, nor Volk fan, I was instinctively rooting for a comeback. But I was also shocked how Volk was able to win on points partly thanks to that clash, but he was never able to capitalize on his own fantastic resiliency on one one side, and Ortega's sorry state on the other, since Bry was exhausted from all those near-homeruns and battered on the ground.

WAR VOLK!

Carries himself like a real man (albeit below 6'2")

Always going for the Finish!

None o that Biden-Votin' Liberal Crap! Eh?

Back