Volkanovski Getting Booed Heavily

Can't wait til Volk completely schools Ortega.

The Volk hate is retarded as fuck, guy is a well rounded fighter and seems like a class act.

and beat fuckin Holloway twice.

put some respect on his name…… and watch the Mendes fight before you bitch and moan, the guy can bang.

I thought Matt Hughes was a douche, even before his book came out. With Jon Jones, you know he’s a liar. I wondering who else just gives off that vibe?
Luke Rockhold.

Not in a violent way, but in a conceited douchebag way. He emanates douchebaggery.

Dont surprise me at all after he owned some fan faves.
Fuck em.

I like Volk, so I hope he can parlay this into a good heel turn. He's good enough to keep that strap for a while and if people are willing to pay to see him lose, all the power to him.

Volk 3, 4, 5 homies!

For some reason, I see this fight maybe benefiting Ortega if it goes past 3. I figure if Volk can’t dominate, he’ll get more aggressive to try and take control and Ortega might throw some spinning shite or a fast guillotine off a guard pull. Then again, Volk might outwork Ortega for all 5 rounds. It’s hard to say. I want Volk to win.

Half the male populaltion are guys like Volk in a small Canadian town lol,...just replace 'former' rugby player turned fighter to 'former' hockey player turned fighter. Usually the shorter they are, the more aggro they get,...and they usuallly have the biggest trucks,....its just funny to watch a dude whos 5 feet tall crawl out of a Ford F-350, pumping up that chest man,....and right next to him, is the 6 foot 5 African immigrant driving his Honda Civic lol.

Is there another country that chants it's own countries name like that though?

I mean, cheer on your fighters, absolutely, but chanting your countries name is pretty silly.

Just my opinion.

I mean Brazil chants "You're going to die" at opposing fighters, I think that's worse than just chanting USA.

Anyone else surprised by that? I mean I knew he wasn't that popular due to being a very dry and uncharismatic character, and the last Max fight didn't help, but I never thought he was that badly liked by crowds

I don't care, Aussie Aussie Aussie

I usually don't get involved with the personality discussions, but Ortega seems like one of the most obvious cases of a guy faking not being asshole that I've seen in this sport in a while.
I don't like making judgements like that either but the stuff that happens off camera with Ortega is vastly different than the persona he portrays on camera.

It's duplicitous.

well....Volkanovski is Australian, fighting in USA
Nick Diaz is American, a bit of a legend, fighting in his home country after a 6yr absence.

It's hardly surprising. C'mon....
Are you fucking retarded?

For some reason, I see this fight maybe benefiting Ortega if it goes past 3. I figure if Volk can’t dominate, he’ll get more aggressive to try and take control and Ortega might throw some spinning shite or a fast guillotine off a guard pull. Then again, Volk might outwork Ortega for all 5 rounds. It’s hard to say. I want Volk to win.
I can see this for sure. Volk has that ability to outwork people, but Ortega has near Derrick Lewis levels of "losing until he wins" energy. It's easy to forget that Ortega's fights leading up to his TS against Holliway he was getting his ass beat until he pulled off a slick sub finish late.

Kinda cool to see those wins late, especially when its by some tricky stuff rather than just outwork/outpace or hail mary KO.

Would be mad if Ortega won in the 4th or 5th win something tricky for sure.

Back