Volkanovski Getting Booed Heavily

You seen all the mexican flags in the crowd? that’s why

You seen all the mexican flags in the crowd? that’s why

Well as long as it's a Latino thing and we don't have to hear those moronic "USA" chants, I'm fine with that.

Anyone else surprised by that? I mean I knew he wasn't that popular due to being a very dry and uncharismatic character, and the last Max fight didn't help, but I never thought he was that badly liked by crowds

Theres a ton of Mexicans in Las Vegas.

Iz normel

Never trust a pretty Mexican. A fat or skinny one? Sure. A pretty one. No way.
You wouldn't trust her?
hot-Gonzalez-Reyna-scaled-1.jpg

Not too surprising given the following:

- Not American / facing an American
- Beat Max twice who most fans love
- "Robbed" Max in some people's view (not mine)

Didn’t watch TUF did they have a good guy bad guy dynamic?

Some people might not get him. European-Australians can get misunderstood a lot and come across as way more arrogant than they really are

Volk doesn’t have the fan friendly fighting style or likeable personality to be loved by American audiences, whereas someone like Bobby Knuckles definitely wouldn’t have been boo’d if he was up there on stage.

I hope Volk actively goes for the finish or makes the fight exciting so he can finally get some love.

I thought Matt Hughes was a douche, even before his book came out. With Jon Jones, you know he’s a liar. I wondering who else just gives off that vibe?
I like that you said 'even before the book' cause the book was like a nail in the coffin of his douchiness.

Anyone else surprised by that? I mean I knew he wasn't that popular due to being a very dry and uncharismatic character, and the last Max fight didn't help, but I never thought he was that badly liked by crowds

Probably just because Ortega is more popular. If he fought someone else he might not have gotten booed.

I usually don't get involved with the personality discussions, but Ortega seems like one of the most obvious cases of a guy faking not being asshole that I've seen in this sport in a while.
Absolutely. One of those fights where I couldn’t care less who wins.

They always hate before they appreciate. Especially real guys, in a world full of fakes most dont want the real..its too offensive.

Volks gonna wipe the floor with him watch

Well as long as it's a Latino thing and we don't have to hear those moronic "USA" chants, I'm fine with that.

Ortega's from LA, which is in the USA. They're 100% going to be chanting it, don't see a problem with it either tbh. When a UFC event is held outside the US, they always chant for their home country fighters.

Ortega's from LA, which is in the USA. They're 100% going to be chanting it, don't see a problem with it either tbh. When a UFC event is held outside the US, they always chant for their home country fighters.

Is there another country that chants it's own countries name like that though?

I mean, cheer on your fighters, absolutely, but chanting your countries name is pretty silly.

Just my opinion.

I like Volk, so I hope he can parlay this into a good heel turn. He's good enough to keep that strap for a while and if people are willing to pay to see him lose, all the power to him.

Volk 3, 4, 5 homies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back