Volkanovski and Ortega would’ve beat prime Aldo

Aldo is a nightmare matchup for Ortega. OP is too low IQ to evaluate fights beyond "newer fighters win"

Volk beats any version of Aldo tho. Volk is one of the only fighters who can kick with him. More power. Much stronger. Good accurate counterpuncher and has a pace and output which would trouble Aldo specially keeping up late.

Disagree on the Volk part, but it's razor thin. Either guy could win.

Aldo is a nightmare matchup for Ortega. OP is too low IQ to evaluate fights beyond "newer fighters win"

Volk beats any version of Aldo tho. Volk is one of the only fighters who can kick with him. More power. Much stronger. Good accurate counterpuncher and has a pace and output which would trouble Aldo specially keeping up late.
I’m not saying Ortega is a better striker than Aldo, but if he can survive 5 rounds with Max and Volk, he would survive 5 rounds with Aldo.

He has a better gas tank than Aldo, so it’s only logical to assume he would win the later rounds. He’s BJJ is also levels above Aldo

Disagree on the Volk part, but it's razor thin. Either guy could win.

Oh it would be close for sure. I'm thinking 48-47 Volk. I just can't see Aldo finishing Volk and I can't see him winning Rds 4 or 5 either. Aldo has coasted and lost round 5s to much worse fighters like Hominick and Lamas. Volk would get at least one of the first 3. I just don't trust Aldos low volume and Volk is as technically sound as any striker in MMA

I’m not saying Ortega is a better striker than Aldo, but if he can survive 5 rounds with Max and Volk, he would survive 5 rounds with Aldo.

He has a better gas tank than Aldo, so it’s only logical to assume he would win the later rounds. He’s BJJ is also levels above Aldo

MMA Math, lol.

<DisgustingHHH>

so you're telling me a guy whose shown no ability to evade strikes to the head would beat a prime Aldo?

mmmk
Yes, the same way Darren Elkins wins fights he shouldn’t win. Ortega would drop few rounds, outlast Aldo and finish him on the ground late in the fight

Oh it would be close for sure. I'm thinking 48-47 Volk. I just can't see Aldo finishing Volk and I can't see him winning Rds 4 or 5 either. Volk would get at least one of the first 3. I just don't trust Aldos low volume and Volk is as technically sound as any striker in MMA

I think cardio would be the deciding factor. In his prime, Aldo was a lot faster and could get out of range better. Volk would land kicks and Aldo would land his own. I think Aldo has better jabs and combos and I think Volk is a better counter puncher. Volk might be able to tie him up and win on control late but Aldo's ability to finish might make a big difference early on and change the fight. On paper it's an insanely good matchup.

Volk could have won a decision due to his pace and cardio. But there is no way Ortega would beat prime Aldo.

MMA Math, lol.

<DisgustingHHH>
Once again, you haven’t made any counter argument to my claims. Look at the facts:

Cardio- Ortega > Aldo
BJJ- Ortega > Aldo

Ortega has never been finished, even by fighters who have finished Aldo. What evidence suggests Aldo would stop him?

Ortega’s speciality is getting the shit beat out of him standing by good strikers, but somehow he would beat prime Aldo?

Fucking lol man, guy gets trashed last night and these non stop delirious Ortega threads…

I think cardio would be the deciding factor. In his prime, Aldo was a lot faster and could get out of range better. Volk would land kicks and Aldo would land his own. I think Aldo has better jabs and combos and I think Volk is a better counter puncher. Volk might be able to tie him up and win on control late but Aldo's ability to finish might make a big difference early on and change the fight. On paper it's an insanely good matchup.
Volkanovski has the most adnvaced striking in the history of the divsion but I agree that prime Aldo was faster, maybe even more explosive.
Overall, their gas tanks aren't comarable.
That's why I think Vokanovski would win.

Ortega’s speciality is getting the shit beat out of him standing by good strikers, but somehow he would beat prime Aldo?

Fucking lol man, guy gets trashed last night and these non stop delirious Ortega threads…
Zombie is good striker, Frankie is a good striker. He beat them convincingly.

Max and Volk are just on another level.

Back