Volkanovski and Ortega would’ve beat prime Aldo

prime mendes>prime volk and aldo already beat prime mendes
What makes you think that Volk beat a non prime Mendes? And it’s actually funny how your argument is that 2 guys who both lost to Volk would definitely beat him. Idiocy at it’s peak

I can see Volk possibly beating prime Aldo. Not a lock in any way, it would be close, but I might favor Volk. Ortega, no way. He's extremely hittable, I think Prime Aldo would fuck him up.

are you new to the sport? You do realize prime Aldo was from 2009-2013, right?
Ahhh yess, because fighters are at their best at 22 years of age fighting 4-1 guys outside of UFC. Sure why not

Volk already beat "Prime Aldo". This idea that Aldo is notably worse than he used to be is nonsense--if anything, Aldo has clearly improved technically and in conditioning/output, without sacrificing speed against BW fighters that are supposed to be faster.

Holloway and Volk are just a class above him, and Aldo fans (who I sympathize with) can't accept that.

Volkanovski would give anyone a good fight, including any version of Aldo.

Ortega would get beat up. I don't see a path to victory for Ortega against Aldo. I don't think he'd beat Aldo now let alone then.

You have to be a dumb fuck to think a guy that blocks punches with his head would have a chance with prime aldo
Ortega has better gas tank, durability and BJJ than Aldo. He’s never benn finished, so the odds are Aldo would not finish him as well. Ortega is still dangerous in rounds 4 and 5 where he would have a chance to finish Aldo

Okay. If you beat prime Aldo with cardio then why Frankie Edgar didnt win those fights?

What makes you think that Volk beat a non prime Mendes? And it’s actually funny how your argument is that 2 guys who both lost to Volk would definitely beat him. Idiocy at it’s peak
aldo and mendes were both past their primes when they fought him. using your logic, i guess prime bader was a better fighter than fedor

Love the Volk, but he doesn't beat Prime Aldo. He likely wouldn't have beat Prime Chad either. I mean, he barely squeaked by the retirement version of him.

Ortega's striking isn't great, and Volk was getting hit plenty by him. Even now Aldo is still leagues ahead of Ortega on the feet. Ortega has basic striking and garbage wrestling. If Aldo was shrugging off Frankie's tds with ease, then fucking Ortega would have had zero chance of getting him down.

aldo and mendes were both past their primes when they fought him. using your logic, i guess prime bader was a better fighter than fedor
Mendes was coming off a spectacular 1R finish over Myles Jury, he was only 33 years old and had only 22 pro fights.

Aldo was only 32 and coming of 2 great finishes over top level opponents.

Volkanovski is 33 years old and has 24 pro fights. He must be out of prime by your logic

Volkanovski might be better than Aldo everywhere. His footwork, fight IQ and cardio would be no match for Aldo. Prime Aldo was quite static, didn’t use much feints and only exploded in blitzing combos and threw naked leg kicks. Volk would’ve danced circles around him and would’ve drowned Aldo in championship rounds with his crazy pace.

Ortega can’t be finished. Aldo would probably outstrike him for a round or 2, but Ortega would take the fight later on. And if it hits the ground at any moment, Ortega sleeps Aldo for sure. Only bald Volk can survive that.

Aldo’s cardio wouldn’t have allowed to compete with the 2 beasts.
Also Volk and Aldo beat Aldo’s best wins easily- Mendes, Frankie, KZ, Cub and also Volk beat Max twice, something Aldo couldn’t achieve and beat Aldo as well.

It’s time to put some respect on Volk’s name as the best FW of all time.

P.S. the best and the greatest isn’t the same thing. Aldo is still the FW GOAT for now

You're probably taking shit for this opinion, but I agree 100%.

I’m not saying Ortega is a better striker than Aldo, but if he can survive 5 rounds with Max and Volk, he would survive 5 rounds with Aldo.

He has a better gas tank than Aldo, so it’s only logical to assume he would win the later rounds. He’s BJJ is also levels above Aldo
You know nothing of Aldo’s bjj if you think that. Aldo slices through guards like butter.

Wow Ortega can take an ass whooping and has a great sub game
Too bad Aldo would kick his legs till they fell off and never even let it go to the ground. Ortega isn't even top 5 fw gtfo

Love the Volk, but he doesn't beat Prime Aldo. He likely wouldn't have beat Prime Chad either

Mendes and Aldo took each other to exhaustion at 150+ total significant strikes thrown between the both of them--Volk threw 200+ sig. strikes on his own just last night.

Neither Chad nor Jose ever had the conditioning to keep up with Volk and Holloway, nor a complex striking game that incorporated constant stance shifts, endless feints, etc. You can pretend they were better before 2016, but if you look at their matches then, they're very obviously simpler, more limited, less active fighters.

Aldo was in his prime, or close enough to it, when he fought them. They're just better.

Aldo beats the piss outta Ortega, though he may gas from wailing on Ortega. And he is vulnerable to being subbed by Ortega when fatigued.

Volk is still improving imo, but I think him vs prime Aldo is a tossup.

You know nothing of Aldo’s bjj if you think that. Aldo slices through guards like butter.
Aldo was controlled on the ground by Petr Yan of all people. Ortega was one of the best submission artists in UFC. Ortega subs him for sure if it hits the ground

Back