Media Volk vs Islam 1 was a draw

For a long time I have been saying that Volk vs Islam was a draw.
R1 Islam
R2 Draw
R3 Volk
R4 Islam
R5 Volk

Finally, a real high IQ fighter in migthy mouse have came out with the correct take (unlike that pretend high IQ fighter triple C):

It is time for Islam fanatics and Volk diehards to come to the centre, and embrace the truth of the matter. Volk vs Islam 1 was a draw.

This account has only been on sherdog for 3 weeks... so you haven't said anything "for a long time"

Rules may say rounds can get scored 10-10 but in actuality the judges don't do it lol, there's never draw rounds without taking point deductions into account.
<PlusJuan>
10-10 rounds don't exist.

They SHOULD. but they don't.

(Probably has to do with sports betting.)

Giving someone a 10-9 because you have to pick a winner isn't fixing or addressing scoring problems.
I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that this world/society seems much more focused on "doing something" than on actually analyzing and identifying problems in order to execute effective problem solving.

The difference between these may seem trivial but I assure you it is anything but.

within the subtle difference between these two things lies the need for more patience, more reflection and occasionally the humility to admit that sometimes there is no easy quick fix.

In this particular instance, I believe the deficiency in judging EDUCATION and understanding of the sport is a larger part of the problem than any minor adjustment in wording of scoring criteria. Ie: not a quick fix and something that would require initiative and effort that is perhaps greater than what the folks in those positions are willing to partake in.

This is exactly why 10-10's shouldn't be given out. Draws would be everywhere and the UFC would be rematch city even more. Which wouldn't be a problem but guys only fight 1-2x a year.

10-10 is a cop out score. Giving Volk a 10-8 5th + is the only route to a draw. I think a 10-9 either way for rounds 2, 3, or 4, is a far more defensible score than awarding 10-10 for ANY round in this fight if you are scoring according to the UR of MMA.

It seems like your analogy is meant to imply that there was not point in the fight where Volk was doing better than Islam than the final minute of R5. If this is true, than I would just refer you back to my original point. Namely, "... the vast majority of people, including experts, think the fight was VERY CLOSE, regardless of whether they had it for Volk or Islam. Hence you saying that "...at no point in that fight, other than the very end, was Volk winning." implies that the fight in your mind was not very close at all. Therefore you must believe yourself significantly better than even most experts at adjudicating a fight. What is the basis for this belief?"
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this to you. You’re taking enough of a beating in this thread already.

Close fight.I scored it for Islam,but it was a close fight. No 10-8's in this fight.

Islam def was tired,more tired than Volk after this one,and he gave Volk props,by saying that he "needed hard fights like this,they cant all be easy"

R1 Islam
R2 Draw
R3 Volk
R4 Islam
R5 Volk

Finally, a real high IQ fighter in migthy mouse have came out with the correct take (unlike that pretend high IQ fighter triple C):

It is time for Islam fanatics and Volk diehards to come to the centre, and embrace the truth of the matter. Volk vs Islam 1 was a draw.

Islam won 50-45 fuck outta here with this shit

Phenomenal performance by Volkanovski, especially considering expectations, but at best that fight was 48-47 Islam for Alexander.

Makachev won 3-2. It sucks because of how round 5 ended but let’s be real:

Nobody says that Mark Hominick beat Jose Aldo even though he 10-8’d him on 2 judges scorecards for pounding on Aldo while in his guard for the entire fifth round.

Volk lost the battle even though he was about to win the war. He didn’t win the fight.

I hope he wins Saturday though!
That was a significantly different fight. Hominick was getting shit kicked in until Aldo gassed in the fifth.
At no point was Islam beating Volk down like that. There were no decisive rounds with a clear winner, outside of the fifth. Even Islam's most dominant round was spent with him getting hit in the face while holding position and trying to stall out the clock.

IDK, Big John Mcarthy said that no good judge should give a 10-10 round. They should be able to spot even the most minute difference and determine a round winner.
Big John says a lot of dumb shit to hear himself sound smarter than he is.

Big John says a lot of dumb shit to hear himself sound smarter than he is.
IDK, I kind of agree with BJM's sentiment here. MMA moves so fast and it kind of has to. Draws would just slow the sport down. You know the UFC would do rematches for draws and if you think people complain about rematches now, just imagine what would have happened if we would have more draws.

Rules may say rounds can get scored 10-10 but in actuality the judges don't do it lol, there's never draw rounds without taking point deductions into account.

The rules also say that a round should almost never be scored 10-10.

xxMouTE.png

Unless a round is literally (and I do mean literally) a staring match, there's got to be SOME criteria that ultimately favors one fighter over another, even if it's just octagon control.

I can agree with a draw, but I scored it for Volk.

~ looking forward to debating this after teh next fooking tie.

R1 Islam
R2 Draw
R3 Volk
R4 Islam
R5 Volk

If you watch the video, he literally scored the 2nd round a draw based on the fake knockdown that never connected. Rd 2 was a CLEAR Islam round. Mighty mouse doesn't have any special insight into scoring just cause he's a great fighter, let's end that nonsense theory right now.

The strike which dropped Volk to a knee occurred in R1.
Islam had a strike that badly stumbled Volk in R2, he followed that up with a massive knee to the solar plexus and a nice flurry, he also had control time in the clinch. Volk's biggest moment was an exchange where he never actually connected with Makhachev, but Mak fell backwards as he was changing levels. For anybody that rewatches the fight you have to be a massive homer to score R2 a draw, it was a clear Mak round, he did the better work overall and landed the more significant strikes.

That was a significantly different fight. Hominick was getting shit kicked in until Aldo gassed in the fifth.
At no point was Islam beating Volk down like that. There were no decisive rounds with a clear winner, outside of the fifth. Even Islam's most dominant round was spent with him getting hit in the face while holding position and trying to stall out the clock.
Islam won R1 decisively, even die hard Volk fans concede that he lost R1 and i've never once heard anybody call that round into question.

Volk lost but he did better then most fighting Islam so they reach and try too hard to give him the decision. He lost 48-47. It wasn’t robbery. He did good, showed he could challenge and maybe beat him in rematch, but just that shouldn’t give him the fight in scorecards in what happen. It’s kinda the same thing people do with the first Jones/Gus match.

Reactions: HHJ
R1 Islam
R2 Draw
R3 Volk
R4 Islam
R5 Volk

charlie-murphy-laugh.gif

Man, people want Volk to have won SO badly that they're just forgetting everything they knew about MMA and scoring. SHEESH...
Volk did NOT beat Islam and Tibau did NOT beat Khabib!!!
Get oooovveerrrr iiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!

Back