Media Volk vs Islam 1 was a draw

Nous

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
For a long time I have been saying that Volk vs Islam was a draw.
R1 Islam
R2 Draw
R3 Volk
R4 Islam
R5 Volk

Finally, a real high IQ fighter in migthy mouse have came out with the correct take (unlike that pretend high IQ fighter triple C):

It is time for Islam fanatics and Volk diehards to come to the centre, and embrace the truth of the matter. Volk vs Islam 1 was a draw.

If that big shot by Islam didn't land in the 2nd round I would've given it to Volk. Fight came down to 1 punch.

Could have easily been, I would have had no problem had Volks’s hand been raised and I don’t have a problem with Islam being the winner. I watched the fight twice and had it for Islam, but tbh fights that close are pretty much a coin flip. Hilarious that so many call robbery.

Rules may say rounds can get scored 10-10 but in actuality the judges don't do it lol, there's never draw rounds without taking point deductions into account.

That is descriptively correct, but that does not change the normatively at hand. Namely, the fight OUGHT to have been scored a draw.

And in general, more rounds ought to be scored a draw.

Makachev won 3-2. It sucks because of how round 5 ended but let’s be real:

Nobody says that Mark Hominick beat Jose Aldo even though he 10-8’d him on 2 judges scorecards for pounding on Aldo while in his guard for the entire fifth round.

Volk lost the battle even though he was about to win the war. He didn’t win the fight.

I hope he wins Saturday though!

Oh, for shit’s sake. I detest every last one of those Dagestani fighters, but at no point in that fight, other than the very end, was Volk winning.

You must be either extremely confident, or very delusional. Because the vast majority of people, including experts, think the fight was VERY CLOSE, regardless of whether they had it for Volk or Islam. Hence you saying that "...at no point in that fight, other than the very end, was Volk winning." implies that the fight in your mind was not very close at all. Therefore you must believe yourself significantly better than even most experts at adjudicating a fight. What is the basis for this belief?

interesting how manlets band together. might mouse and rogan both look for ways to score it for volk.

there is no way round 4 is a toss up round either. the fact MM would even bring that up makes him lose credibility.

Name one time a judge gave a 10-10 round

Edit: Shoulda known this was a whitebelt thread

Makachev won 3-2. It sucks because of how round 5 ended but let’s be real:

Nobody says that Mark Hominick beat Jose Aldo even though he 10-8’d him on 2 judges scorecards for pounding on Aldo while in his guard for the entire fifth round.

Volk lost the battle even though he was about to win the war. He didn’t win the fight.

I hope he wins Saturday though!

Fwiw, I think there is more of an argument for Islam winning the 2nd round than Volk winning it. However, there is more of an argument for round 2 being a draw than Islam winning it. The preponderance of evidence speak in favour of R2 being a draw.

Only if you are blind and biased, then its a draw.

Meh, draws are a cop out score. By the rules it is damn near impossible to have a 10-10 round.

Name one time a judge gave a 10-10 round

Edit: Shoulda known this was a whitebelt thread

I see you have some issues thinking clearly, let me help you out.

The fact that rounds have not scored 10-10 before, does not mean that the correct result in R2 here was not a 10-10, you do realise that, right?

Let me hold your hand a bit more: Just because X has not occurred before, does not mean that the best evidence does not speak for X being the case right now.

Just a bit more handholding, then you will hopefully have arrived: The best interpretation of the fact 10-10 have not been scored is not that there aren't rounds which should have been scored 10-10. Rather, the best interpretation is that judges have failed to accurately hand out 10-10 score in rounds.

Last edited:
Fwiw, I think there is more of an argument for Islam winning the 2nd round than Volk winning it. However, there is more of an argument for round 2 being a draw than Islam winning it. The preponderance of evidence speak in favour of R2 being a draw.

“The preponderance of evidence”
Relax, there guy.

it was a close round. Most gave it to Islam for the strike that dropped Volk to a knee and the control time at the end.

Back