Media Volk vs Islam 1 was a draw

Cause ur argument was "yes but they can also not follow precedent."

For a person named "Nous" you've got absolutely fucking none of it. Not to mention you try way too hard to be taken seriously.

Man you are embarrassing yourself: You thinking what I said can be captured in "yes but they can also not follow precedent" demonstrates either a remarkable lack of reading comprehension. Or, more likely, bad faith.

Keep grasping bud. I'd say try not to kill urself when Islam wins this Saturday but I don't really care

The strike which dropped Volk to a knee occurred in R1.

you’re correct! I was mistaken. The punch I was thinking about stumbled volk and then Islam followed him to the cage.

it was a close round. I personally don’t feel enough 10-10s are given out and I hope Alex wins this weekend.

For a long time I have been saying that Volk vs Islam was a draw.
To your friends? Mate, you’ve been here under a month. Why don’t you take a breather and go sit down for a minute

For a long time I have been saying that Volk vs Islam was a draw.
R1 Islam
R2 Draw
R3 Volk
R4 Islam
R5 Volk

Finally, a real high IQ fighter in migthy mouse have came out with the correct take (unlike that pretend high IQ fighter triple C):

It is time for Islam fanatics and Volk diehards to come to the centre, and embrace the truth of the matter. Volk vs Islam 1 was a draw.

Get with the program bro. Islam dominated volk 49 46

IDK, Big John Mcarthy said that no good judge should give a 10-10 round. They should be able to spot even the most minute difference and determine a round winner.

Keep grasping bud. I'd say try not to kill urself when Islam wins this Saturday but I don't really care

Why would I kill myself if Islam wins? I am rooting for Islam.

It seems like you are so far gone that you can't imagine someone - like me - who is not in the business of arguing for our preferences, desires, or favorite fighters. But who is, instead, just arguing for the truth as such. Sad.

To your friends? Mate, you’ve been here under a month. Why don’t you take a breather and go sit down for a minute

Yes I actually have friends I talk with about MMA. I take it that the concept of friendship is hard to grasp for someone like you.

IDK, Big John Mcarthy said that no good judge should give a 10-10 round. They should be able to spot even the most minute difference and determine a round winner.

My intuition is that this does not make sense, due to issues of incomparability and interdermenancy it just seems like there must be cases where things become a draw.

Dude can't post in any thread without multi-posting and talking down on every idea that doesn't reflect his own opinion. Must have a happy home life.

Get with the program bro. Islam dominated volk 49 46

Genuine question for you:

The vast majority of people, including experts, think the fight was super close. Even hardcore Islam fans and friends of him, such as Firas Zahabi and Daniel Cormier, who are genuinely experts of the sport, think the correct score was 48-47 Islam, and say Islam edged out r2.

In virtue of what facts about your ability to judge fights do you feel so confident proclaiming that all people who belong to above set are wrong?

Dude can't post in any thread without multi-posting and talking down on every idea that doesn't reflect his own opinion. Must have a happy home life.

Happily married with my wife of 6 years, and expecting our first son. Thank you very much!

Also not true that I talk down on every idea that is not my own. As you saw I respected the idea put forth in this thread that allowing for judges to score 10-10s might be bad in practice.

I just talk down on bad ideas. And it is not my fault that what you have said in this thread ends up falling into that category.

Not, it was not, other than gassing at the end Islam showed he is the better and more skilled fighter.

Happily married with my wife of 6 years, and expecting our first son. Thank you very much!

Also not true that I talk down on every idea that is not my own. As you saw I respected the idea put forth in this thread that allowing for judges to score 10-10s might be bad in practice.

I just talk down on bad ideas. And it is not my fault that what you have said in this thread ends up falling into that category.

You're desperately arguing with every single person who says that 10-10s are not practical. Half of your posts are in this thread alone.

Feel bad for ur wife & child. For their sake you'll learn to listen and not spam what you believe are "facts," inshallah. I'm done "arguing" with you because your version of winning is clearly crying the loudest. Enjoy a victory lap, I guess.

Genuine question for you:

The vast majority of people, including experts, think the fight was super close. Even hardcore Islam fans and friends of him, such as Firas Zahabi and Daniel Cormier, who are genuinely experts of the sport, think the correct score was 48-47 Islam, and say Islam edged out r2.

In virtue of what facts about your ability to judge fights do you feel so confident proclaiming that all people who belong to above set are wrong?
Islam whooped volk for over 4 and a half rounds

A 10-10 round is an extremely hard standard to meet by letter of the law. In order for it to be scored, you have to have the Effective Striking/Grappling be dead even. Then you have to go to the secondary scoring criteria of Effective of Aggression -- i.e. making active efforts to finish the fight at every opportunity -- and make the determination that both dudes did just as well as the other in that regard. Then, finally, you have to go to the tertiary scoring criteria of Fighting Area Control -- and ask yourself who was dictating the three P's of Pace, Place, and Position of the round across the five minutes? This last one means that even if you judge that both guys were equally effective in their striking/grappling and both were equally aggressive, the one who had a few more seconds marching forward and putting the other on the back foot behind the black lines or holding him in the clinch with zero strikes thrown can win a 10-9 on that basis alone.

A 10-10 round is supposed to be one in which all three of the scoring criteria listed above is dead even and in which it is effectively impossible to draw any distinction from one competitor or the other. I won't say it never happens or has never happened, but it is a damn difficult standard to meet in practice with the Rules-as-Written. This is exactly why I like the idea of half-point rounds like 10-9.5 and 10-8.5.

A 10-10 round is an extremely hard standard to meet by letter of the law. In order for it to be scored, you have to have the Effective Striking/Grappling be dead even. Then you have to go to the secondary scoring criteria of Effective of Aggression -- i.e. making active efforts to finish the fight at every opportunity -- and make the determination that both dudes did just as well as the other in that regard. Then, finally, you have to go to the tertiary scoring criteria of Fighting Area Control -- and ask yourself who was dictating the three P's of Pace, Place, and Position of the round across the five minutes? This last one means that even if you judge that both guys were equally effective in their striking/grappling and both were equally aggressive, the one who had a few more seconds marching forward and putting the other on the back foot behind the black lines or holding him in the clinch with zero strikes thrown can win a 10-9 on that basis alone.

A 10-10 round is supposed to be one in which all three of the scoring criteria listed above is dead even and in which it is effectively impossible to draw any distinction from one competitor or the other. I won't say it never happens or has never happened, but it is a damn difficult standard to meet in practice with the Rules-as-Written. This is exactly why I like the idea of half-point rounds like 10-9.5 and 10-8.5.

I appreciate the idea of half-point rounds. Employing the half-point system, what do you think the score for reach round in Volk vs Islam was?

I appreciate the idea of half-point rounds. Employing the half-point system, what do you think the score for reach round in Volk vs Islam was?

I would have to watch the fight again to give a confident scoring under the new system as it's been months since I've seen it TBH. For what it's worth, I had Makhachev winning 48-47 originally.

Off the top of my head, however, I could see scoring Round 5 as a 10-8.5 for Volk. Most people -- understandably -- didn't score the 10-8 for him because there wasn't enough time left after the knockdown to qualify. But it was the most clear-cut and dominant round of the fight all the same and I don't think recognizing it as such with an intermediate score is out of the question.

Back