Vladimir Putin on Immigration.

On February 4th, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma, (Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians."

The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a standing ovation for five minutes, gotta love Vlad.

You can have this exact sentiment and be completely in favor of immigration.

b2ae4d0eda2a14067b7495c210c3e282.jpg

There is nothing at all wrong with immigration. Those immigrating need to assimilate to our language and culture. We need to help them do that, and if necessary, make them do that.

You can have this exact sentiment and be completely in favor of immigration.

b2ae4d0eda2a14067b7495c210c3e282.jpg

There is nothing at all wrong with immigration. Those immigrating need to assimilate to our language and culture. We need to help them do that, and if necessary, make them do that.

Yes, the issue here is that Russia is only a multicultural country because of Russian imperialism that continues to this day, not because its a nice place where people want to live.

Look at Chechnya and the little islamic state Kadyrov has carved out there, now with child marriages. But Poortin alphamacho!

Not lately. Not at all in the last 16 years.

There is not a single large country economy that I would take over the U.S. We are still far and away the biggest and strongest large economy in the world.

All countries experience highs and lows. The dollar is stronger than the euro, we are near or at the top in oil and gas production, our high tech companies completely blow away any other in the world. No other country or region matches our dynamism and creativity.

Warts and all, the U.S. economy is and will continue to be the main driver of the global economy.

I would sooner live in any of those "suicide" countries than Russia.

Was I the only person who read that in their mind with a Russian Accent?

Those immigrating need to assimilate to our language and culture. We need to help them do that, and if necessary, make them do that.

That's so racist and oppressive.

We live in a multicultural world now. Certain people should learn the languages of all the immigrants that come to their country so they can make the immigrants feel more comfortable.

We live in a multicultural world now. Certain people should learn the languages of all the immigrants that come to their country so they can make the immigrants feel more comfortable.

LOL.

We would not have to 'make them' assimilate at the tip of a spear. Simple things like not teaching grade school in languages other than English while simultaneously offering free English and Basic Civics course to all.

Stop having government agencies offering bilingual services. Things like that.

Americans have always been very good at embracing the aspects of immigrant cultures we find endearing. Who doesn't go out and party during 'Cinco De Mayo"? A day when Americans and Mexicans alike can celebrate their hatred of the French.

Let them all come. The more the merrier. But instead of forcing people in the shadows, shine a light on them. Give them a path to stay, either as a citizen or as a legal worker. Give them a process to follow, and make sure they follow it.

I definitely understand about learning English and embracing the American culture. But that's no reason to make someone forget the culture of their former country.

Muslims are not immigrants in Russia. There are plenty of muslim countries in Russia, its just the same retardness coming from Israeli politicians trying to ignore the historical muslim population as if they were foreigners.

If Russia doesnt wants to deal with Muslims, it should give independence to muslim countries.

Its not that i disagree with the speech, but that speech would make sense in western europe or america, not Russia or Israel.

Funny how Muslims also ignores its indigenous christian populations while the Turks have virtually wiped out any trace of Christianity in Constantinople you know the greatest center or christian culture in the world for the first 1500 years of its existence. But i guess since they were conquered so long ago it doesn't matter those lands are traditional Muslim lands just like Lebanon, Cyprus, Anatolia all traditional Muslim lands that they just found devoid of any native populations after they peacefully meandered out of the Arabian Peninsula.

Fucking rofl at people acting like Russia is traditional Muslim nation. The Golden Horde rampaged through Russia and eastern Europe subjugating the native christian populations and setting up isolated Muslim rump states and populations by the tip of the spear.

Only a matter of time till people like you start demanding the return of Iberia to the Calpihate.

Odd. When i have traveled to other non English speaking countries throughout the world, they expected me to learn their languages. I didn't show up and try and force my language and customs upon them.

Not assimilating to the country you move to is pure laziness.

Nothing wrong with pride in your culture, but make an effort to adapt.

America should be for the Black, White, Native American, and Hispanics that all have roots here for hundreds and some thousands of years

That is what any leader of a country to say...In America they are doing the exact opposite....Bending over backwards, it makes 0 sense...America looks like the rest of the crap 3rd world now..

Funny how Muslims also ignores its indigenous christian populations while the Turks have virtually wiped out any trace of Christianity in Constantinople you know the greatest center or christian culture in the world for the first 1500 years of its existence. But i guess since they were conquered so long ago it doesn't matter those lands are traditional Muslim lands just like Lebanon, Cyprus, Anatolia all traditional Muslim lands that they just found devoid of any native populations after they peacefully meandered out of the Arabian Peninsula.

Fucking rofl at people acting like Russia is traditional Muslim nation. The Golden Horde rampaged through Russia and eastern Europe subjugating the native christian populations and setting up isolated Muslim rump states and populations by the tip of the spear.

Only a matter of time till people like you start demanding the return of Iberia to the Calpihate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_you_are_lynching_Negroes

Russian apologists LOL.

Russia should stick to Russian lands if it wants an homogeneous nation. But nope, Russia still wants to expand to this very day.

Putin is alpha as fuck and couldn't be more spot on. Good on Russia for not having a sissy PC culture and actually sticking up for their values, beliefs, and ultimately, for their country.

giphy.gif

In this instance, America needs to be more like Russia, and we need a tough badass leader like Putin.
Putin is a serious dude

Back