** Vitor Belfort Talks TRT **

So what does that mean for people who want to excel in academics but don't have the God given intelligence?

Well it means that if any scientific advancement is made to assist people with lower intelligence or learning disabilities then we should embrace it rather than ban it.

Should we ban ritalin and adderall too?

Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?

Belfort: i personally believe If a question is private, I have the choice to answer or not. If I make it public, it's not private anymore. If I want to say something private I will say it, but I keep to myself and I respect the laws of the sport. Whatever the organization, whatever the law -- they know what to do. This is too controversial, why am I going to say something that doesn't accomplish anything? If it's legal, they know what to do. If it's legal, there's nothing to say about it. It's legal.

fixed :icon_lol:

This is Vitor being a little smarter. Last 3 times he said something about somebody the guys made him unsay everything like a bi***. This time he unsaid before saying, just to prevent the embarrassment

haha, belfort has a bright career as a lawyer whenever he's done with this fighting thing.

I refuse to believe Vitor has ever taken any sort of performance enhancer or synthetic testosterone of any kind. There are tons of 18 year olds out there with trapezius muscles that are higher than their ears with 5% bodyfat who also train full time in catabolic state inducing sports like BJJ and boxing.

Great troll job there.

Its ridiculous man. The loudest voices against PEDs are those that have no idea what its like to train and no idea what reasonable gains in muscle mass are.

The PED issue is the single largest contributing factor to my current libertarian ideologies. I realized how easy it is for an uneducated majority to infringe on the personal choices of an informed minority.

fans simply want to see fair fights.

if it were up to me, i'd either have all the fighters on t.r.t, or have none of them on t.r.t.

it seems awfully simple to me.

fans simply want to see fair fights.

if it were up to me, i'd either have all the fighters on t.r.t, or have none of them on t.r.t.

it seems awfully simple to me.

Under that logic we should mandate the types of martial arts that each fighter employs. Either every one gets to train under Rickson Gracie or no one does.

The fairness aspect should be that each fighter is free to pursue his or her own method of advancement. Not that we have two clones fighting rock'em sock'em style.

Some fighters don't believe in strength training so they don't employ those training principles. They tend to have more technique and higher flexibility and thats OK because they've pursued the course of training that they see fit. Other fighters believe (as I do) that the most valuable asset a fighter can have is athletic ability and they should be free to dedicate a majority of their time towards improving their athleticism. Wins and losses should ultimately be the judge.

What bothers me is that under "natural competition", certain fighters lack the genetic capacity to add high amounts of muscle. If I have low test levels but I believe that my best course of action is to train general athleticism I'm fairly screwed. Thats the honest to God truth despite what GNC and P90X want to sell you. With steroids, everyone gains the ability to gain muscle.

Usually I'm flying solo on this debate against wave after wave of irrational hatred. Its nice to have a co-pilot, welcome aboard.

It is all pretty irrational and so far I can't find one solid point or anything of value spoken by those mighty crusaders of "fairness", whatever the fuck fairness is anyway

Well it means that if any scientific advancement is made to assist people with lower intelligence or learning disabilities then we should embrace it rather than ban it.

Should we ban ritalin and adderall too?

Where I'm from, it IS banned.

Under that logic we should mandate the types of martial arts that each fighter employs. Either every one gets to train under Rickson Gracie or no one does.

The fairness aspect should be that each fighter is free to pursue his or her own method of advancement. Not that we have two clones fighting rock'em sock'em style.

Some fighters don't believe in strength training so they don't employ those training principles. They tend to have more technique and higher flexibility and thats OK because they've pursued the course of training that they see fit. Other fighters believe (as I do) that the most valuable asset a fighter can have is athletic ability and they should be free to dedicate a majority of their time towards improving their athleticism. Wins and losses should ultimately be the judge.

What bothers me is that under "natural competition", certain fighters lack the genetic capacity to add high amounts of muscle. If I have low test levels but I believe that my best course of action is to train general athleticism I'm fairly screwed. Thats the honest to God truth despite what GNC and P90X want to sell you. With steroids, everyone gains the ability to gain muscle.

And to me this all here is the real point: Whatever can make these guys better fighters or feel like better fighters when they step in, that's all that matters. More times than not TRT or the like is a desperate cry for last minute stardom by a rank and file contender, not the champ. And if it was the champs who are on it, great! Let's see how everyone else does on this super juice. If it's that great and makes that much difference in the sport and talent and competition, we should embrace it and demand fighters start using it. Why wouldn't we?

Where I'm from, it IS banned.

Well different strokes for different folks I guess. I think banning drugs like that creates a black market, raises the price, and keeps them away from many people who could potentially benefit from them. It in essence redesignates a medical condition as a crime.

History is replete with examples of popular wisdom being proven wrong, even and especially in the scientific fields. Its unfortunate that in your country people aren't allowed to look at clinical studies with these drugs and assess the benefit/cost ratio for themselves.

that doesn't seem logical to me.

no one is disputing the type of martial art that you can use in mma. and every fighter has the ability to learn that martial art.

we are talking about a drug that only certain fighters can use. if your testosterone levels are not deemed as, "normal", then you're allowed to use t.r.t.

if there is a way to regulate t.r.t to a level where all fighters are at the same testosterone level, then i would be okay with it. but clearly, that seems to be impossible.

and i should add: if we were to allow all fighters to use t.r.t at will, imagine the long-term affects. fighters will suffer the consequences long after they're done fighting, and it could potentially give the ufc and mma a bad image. i can't be certain about this part, but allowing anyone to take anything seems dangerous to me.

sonnen 2x, belfort, marquadt, bonnar, henderson, leben

we have a juice killer right there sir

video-anderson-silva-vitor-belfort-ufc-126.gif

He could have just said no comment, damn.

since we are smart people. from his response, i m sure he's using it. also from bisping's response, Bisping doesn't using it.

Last edited:
that doesn't seem logical to me.

no one is disputing the type of martial art that you can use in mma. and every fighter has the ability to learn that martial art.

we are talking about a drug that only certain fighters can use. if your testosterone levels are not deemed as, "normal", then you're allowed to use t.r.t.

if there is a way to regulate t.r.t to a level where all fighters are at the same testosterone level, then i would be okay with it. but clearly, that seems to be impossible.

Theoretically, trt fighters are only raising their levels to the levels of their competitors anyways. They get to use a drug because they are disadvantaged.

In practicality I agree with you and there will never be a way to keep a guy on trt from upping the doses during periods when he knows he can get away with it. However what I'm advocating is the complete legalization of all PEDs.

"On the request of my lawyers, I respectfully will abstain from answering this question"

Theoretically, trt fighters are only raising their levels to the levels of their competitors anyways. They get to use a drug because they are disadvantaged.

In practicality I agree with you and there will never be a way to keep a guy on trt from upping the doses during periods when he knows he can get away with it. However what I'm advocating is the complete legalization of all PEDs.

I want to see who the best is, as nature intended. Survival of the fittest an all that. Often guys with genetic gifts are beaten by harder working or smarter fighters anyway.

Unfortunately, people aren't created equal and life is not fair. I don't want people to win fights because they are willing to turn themselves into walking chemistry sets.

Edit: I especially don't want to see guys who only have to take TRT because they were roiding and cheating to get an advantage in the past...

Last edited:
Back