Vikings is back on tonight with a new season

Will be sure to fast forward the weird parts.

This show fell off once Ragnar died . YOu got some cripple who can’t even walk terrorizing everyone it’s a joke .

It’s like a super low budget game of thrones
I stopped watching after Ragnar died, watched two -three episodes and said “fuck this gay shit”

Don’t know if it’s worth checking new season or not.

I’m thinking not.

I've been reading a bunch about the real Ivar the Boneless. I just can't believe one of the greatest warriors and conquers was a cripple. It seems more likely that he fought in such a way that he spun and twisted and moved like he didn't have bones. So he was dubbed Ivar the Boneless b/c of his fighting style not b/c there was something wrong with his bones. That's just a theory some historians have though. It makes more sense than a cripple leading an army of Vikings.

As far as the episode. I really liked it! It's awesome to have Vikings back on!!!
Often times historical references are mis understood and or translated meaning Mis represented.

A famous example is some Jewish beleive that “the Virgin Mary” doesn’t mean that at all , and that the meaning of the word virgin in the origins other meaning is “young woman” and is only pronounced slightly differently.

So “young woman mary” makes way more sence, as would “the boneless” being a nickname for someone that moved in a weird way fighting or was maybe even double jointed possibly which would allow some weird fighting abilities possibly.

No more Astrid. :(

Seems like they are buying time again to finish out the season. Kind of 2 episodes in a row of "set up". I still have no idea what the hell is going on with Floki's group. I do feel bad for the guy though. Other than that I honestly don't feel like I learned a whole lot that I didn't already know. It was still some good acting and some good scenes. Added some tension and some depth to some characters.

Seems like they are buying time again to finish out the season. Kind of 2 episodes in a row of "set up". I still have no idea what the hell is going on with Floki's group. I do feel bad for the guy though. Other than that I honestly don't feel like I learned a whole lot that I didn't already know. It was still some good acting and some good scenes. Added some tension and some depth to some characters.

They are idiots if they scuttled their ships.

LOL, now there is a chinese man, and he is bringing Buddhism to Scandinavia now.

did you guys know that it was ancient greeks who brought Buddhism from India to China? Well at least that is the theory. The Macedonians set up a kingdom in Bactria (afghanistan) after Alexander's death, that lasted until around the time of Christ.

Yeah there was a Greek kingdom on the border of India that syncretized its culture with Indian culture, and a Greek city called Alexandria Eskate (Alexandria the furthest) that was conquered by the Chinese.

And Mongolia had christianity way before the colonialist/Imperialist era

They were Nestorian Christians, different than European Christians.

Im glad Edge finally killed the guy who murdered his family, it was long overdue, though its pretty sad that Floki set out to build a colony there and everyone is murdering people or dieing. Im waiting for them to land in North America.

Seems like the show is starting to pick back up a little bit, the only thing I cant stand is Ivar pretending to be a god in Kattegat. That part of the show I dont really care for.

Im glad Edge finally killed the guy who murdered his family, it was long overdue, though its pretty sad that Floki set out to build a colony there and everyone is murdering people or dieing. Im waiting for them to land in North America.

Seems like the show is starting to pick back up a little bit, the only thing I cant stand is Ivar pretending to be a god in Kattegat. That part of the show I dont really care for.

Definitely sad for Floki. I also don't understand WHY he couldn't have protected Helgi (the kid who's dad murdered Edge's family and the kid who loved Edge's daughter). I mean he claims nobody there can kill or or WILL kill him yet when the kid gets called out to be killed Floki just sulks and cries and tells the kid "see ya!". Certainly Floki is still a great warrior. What a waste of his character and his fighting to have him sitting on a stupid island all season. He could have been an awesome addition to Ivar, Harald, or Bjorn's journey.

And the Ivar schtick is getting old. It's been going on for 3-4 episodes now. The fake Lagertha killing was stupid. His constant belittling and threatening his own people is getting old.

Why on earth did Hvirstek's woman stay in Kattegat? Why did Hvirstek kill Ivar when Ivar threatening to burn his woman alive? lol. Hvirstek is a little bitch.

I do agree it started to pick up. I think the last 3 episodes should be a lot of action! I still think they HAVE to tell us about Lagertha. She can't just be "gone" like that.

Definitely sad for Floki. I also don't understand WHY he couldn't have protected Helgi (the kid who's dad murdered Edge's family and the kid who loved Edge's daughter). I mean he claims nobody there can kill or or WILL kill him yet when the kid gets called out to be killed Floki just sulks and cries and tells the kid "see ya!". Certainly Floki is still a great warrior. What a waste of his character and his fighting to have him sitting on a stupid island all season. He could have been an awesome addition to Ivar, Harald, or Bjorn's journey.

Maybe they were trying to say that Floki empathized with Edge in killing the family? Even though he disagreed with it. It was ridiculous that Eyvin kills Edges son and daughter and noone is doing anything about it. You were just waiting for Edge to split his skull with an axe. The banishment thing seemed obvious, as historically that was a common punishment for Vikings who murdered people. I always figured they would have Edge kill him at some point.

And the Ivar schtick is getting old. It's been going on for 3-4 episodes now. The fake Lagertha killing was stupid. His constant belittling and threatening his own people is getting old.

Yeah that fake killing was retarded. I used to kind of empathize with him when he was just an angry Viking with a disability, but now its ridiculous. Hes made himself the god of Kattegat, hes been cucked out by some chick who just wants power who got pregnant by another man, and nobody likes him. Hvitserk doesnt like him,Bjorn,Harald everyone wants him gone. But unfortunately I dont think he will die in the show.

In the next trailer they show Hvitserk meeting King Olaf and instead of being a diplomat asking him to attack and remove Ivar, lol.

Why on earth did Hvirstek's woman stay in Kattegat? Why did Hvirstek kill Ivar when Ivar threatening to burn his woman alive? lol. Hvirstek is a little bitch.

Right. Ivar comes to your bed and threatens to burn your woman and tells you to get out of town. Why wouldnt Hvitserk take her with him? Certainly people in the Middle Ages were idiots were they?

Me thinking Floki and crew are not on Iceland. Me thinks they is on Greenland. The Greenland settlement failed, while Iceland prospered. Floki and crew seem to be destined for failure much like the Greenland settlement.

Me wonder if we will see eskimos come and attack Floki and crew

Me thinking Floki and crew are not on Iceland. Me thinks they is on Greenland. The Greenland settlement failed, while Iceland prospered. Floki and crew seem to be destined for failure much like the Greenland settlement.

Me wonder if we will see eskimos come and attack Floki and crew

Yeah but the Greenland settlement actually lasted until the late 1400s, a fairly long time.

Yeah but the Greenland settlement actually lasted until the late 1400s, a fairly long time.

Yeh, but I guess the show is trying to condense it all.

Its fucked up how it lasted that long, but took another few more decades for Columbus to set sail. Its just totally fucked up that Euros did not start the colonial era concurrently with the Crusades.

Yeh, but I guess the show is trying to condense it all.

Its fucked up how it lasted that long, but took another few more decades for Columbus to set sail. Its just totally fucked up that Euros did not start the colonial era concurrently with the Crusades.

Teh Vikings were the only ones who were sailing and colonizing at the time. No other Europeans were interested in sailing at the time. The Roman empire was in dissaray and its navy was neutered and Arabs dominated the Mediterranean. Plus, the Vikings were pagans and barbarians, and thus seen as villains by the rest of Christian Europe, so its unlikely they were interested in learning of their exploits outside of the continent.

European sailing didnt really pick back up again until the Turks conquered Constantinople in 1453 and controlled European access to the Silk Road trade route, and started taxing the zhit out of Asian goods they were selling to Europeans because they were Christians, which motivated the European powers to start looking for alternative ways and routes to get Asian goods.

Teh Vikings were the only ones who were sailing and colonizing at the time. No other Europeans were interested in sailing at the time. The Roman empire was in dissaray and its navy was neutered and Arabs dominated the Mediterranean. Plus, the Vikings were pagans and barbarians, and thus seen as villains by the rest of Christian Europe, so its unlikely they were interested in learning of their exploits outside of the continent.

European sailing didnt really pick back up again until the Turks conquered Constantinople in 1453 and controlled European access to the Silk Road trade route, and started taxing the zhit out of Asian goods they were selling to Europeans because they were Christians, which motivated the European powers to start looking for alternative ways and routes to get Asian goods.
Didn't the Vikings have to conduct trade with most of Europe and the Arabs to get the steel for their blades though? At least some of it.

I also prescribe to the theory that the Chinese discovered the new world before any Euros. If you look at a map of the North Pacific, there is literally this chain of islands that leads all the way back to China

If you start in Korea, move over to Japan, go to Hokkaido, north is a chain leading to Kamchatka. Kamchatka is close enough to the Aleutian Islands for you to make it to Alaska, and then down the coastline. On a nice summer month, you can probably row your way there, making pit stops as you need.

Back