Vikings is back on tonight with a new season

Wow......so basically this season we've had 3 (or is it 4 already) episodes where nothing has really happened that's new news to us. I guess in 3 episodes we figured out.

Heahmund likes the Lagertha poon and kills whoever he wants.
Lagertha and crew (Bjorn) have to run to England.
Ivar is still creepy and insane and thinks he's a god.
Harold still wants to be king of everything and schemes to overthrow everyone.
Floki is still stuck in the exact same place with the exact same problems.

That's it right? Did miss much else in 3 hours worth of watching.
Saddest part is they took an epic character like Floki and got him all involved in this prophecy of the god in Iceland or wherever the hell they are. All the scenes with are about who the fucking god choose to kill.. he's just sitting there contemplating.. It's so boring and a waste of a character.

Also why did they make Lagertha look younger and more makeup all of a sudden? Thought things have aged since the first season and she looks even younger and thinner and more plasticy. Bad choices!

Wow......so basically this season we've had 3 (or is it 4 already) episodes where nothing has really happened that's new news to us. I guess in 3 episodes we figured out.

Heahmund likes the Lagertha poon and kills whoever he wants.
Lagertha and crew (Bjorn) have to run to England.
Ivar is still creepy and insane and thinks he's a god.
Harold still wants to be king of everything and schemes to overthrow everyone.
Floki is still stuck in the exact same place with the exact same problems.

That's it right? Did miss much else in 3 hours worth of watching.
Ivar’s new chick banged a random Viking dude to get her eggs fertilized and is passing it off as Ivar’s. Then she got her henchman to kill the sperm donor to tie up loose ends.

Saddest part is they took an epic character like Floki and got him all involved in this prophecy of the god in Iceland or wherever the hell they are. All the scenes with are about who the fucking god choose to kill.. he's just sitting there contemplating.. It's so boring and a waste of a character.

Also why did they make Lagertha look younger and more makeup all of a sudden? Thought things have aged since the first season and she looks even younger and thinner and more plasticy. Bad choices!

Agree 100% on both points.

What a waste of a character and an actor. He was awesome when Ragnar was around. He was quirky and had depth. I loved his fighting style. Now he's just an insane old man mumbling about the same thing for 10 episodes.

And Lagertha always cracks me up. She looked super young when Ragnar was young. Then somehow Ragnar and his sons aged like 20+ years and she stayed looking the same. Then they made her a little older looking during/after the battle vs Ivar. And now she looks like she's super young again! I mean I don't mind looking at her but it doesn't fit when everyone else looks older and she looks the same or younger.

So is Hvirtsek the "big sacrifice" that Ivar is planning? Is Ivar going to kill off his brothers 1 by 1? B/c that's not very historically correct and a bit odd. He already killed Sigard snake in the eye....or whatever that mullet haired dudes name was. No way he kills Bjorn Ironside though. I could see him killing Ubba the soy boy.

So is Hvirtsek the "big sacrifice" that Ivar is planning? Is Ivar going to kill off his brothers 1 by 1? B/c that's not very historically correct and a bit odd. He already killed Sigard snake in the eye....or whatever that mullet haired dudes name was. No way he kills Bjorn Ironside though. I could see him killing Ubba the soy boy.
People looking at the trailer in slo mo says its the seer...makes sense if ivar wants to appear a god now or speak for them ...so they dont need a someone saying stuff 'from the gods' thats vaugue or condradicts ivar plus it tears down the old link to the gods and sets up a brand new order!

And Lagertha always cracks me up. She looked super young when Ragnar was young. Then somehow Ragnar and his sons aged like 20+ years and she stayed looking the same. Then they made her a little older looking during/after the battle vs Ivar. And now she looks like she's super young again! I mean I don't mind looking at her but it doesn't fit when everyone else looks older and she looks the same or younger.

The only thing that makes it halfway believable is that Katheryn Winnick seems to be aging at the same rate in real life.

You wouldn’t know she was turning 41 on Monday just from looking at her.

The only thing that makes it halfway believable is that Katheryn Winnick seems to be aging at the same rate in real life.

You wouldn’t know she was turning 41 on Monday just from looking at her.

She is my fantasy.

I suspect that it is but maybe there is a plot twist where Ivar figured out that his wife was manipulating him and decides to sacrifice her and his child.

Is anyone still watching this show? I saw 2 episodes over Christmas break. One kind of sucked and was a bit boring. The other had a pretty good battle and some interesting things happen.

I will say I'm glad that Batman Heahmund is finally dead. The dude wore out his welcome and just became stale and creepy.

Is anyone still watching this show? I saw 2 episodes over Christmas break. One kind of sucked and was a bit boring. The other had a pretty good battle and some interesting things happen.

I will say I'm glad that Batman Heahmund is finally dead. The dude wore out his welcome and just became stale and creepy.

I'm still onboard and hopping off after this season. The bishop dying was unexpected I'm surprised by that but I'm glad. I'm wondering what's going to happen between Alfred and his brother now that he knows. The fucked up part is that his brother backed out of the whole thing but not sure that will matter in the end.

This whole Loki thing needs to stop already like move away from that shit. Watching Ivar get played by his whore has been entertaining.

I thought the show fell off once Rollo wasn't one of the main characters. The whole backbone of the show for me was the Ragnar / Rollo relationship.
Will be sure to fast forward the weird parts.

This show fell off once Ragnar died . YOu got some cripple who can’t even walk terrorizing everyone it’s a joke .

It’s like a super low budget game of thrones
So I finally watched the episode it was actually better than I thought it would be. I like where the story is heading. I hate that they are saying Bjorn is Rollo's son that was stupid and should have never been written into the show. Never once did they imply earlier on that Lagaetha and Rollo had slept together and with how hard he was trying it would have been mentioned. Also even if this was the case why would Rollo help Ivar kill his son? He had to know it was possible that would happen. Also why not throw your support behind your own fucking son that your so desperate to reconnect with but now you've openly betrayed? It's like they came up with this idea during the break and tried to show horn it into the show for shock value.

Oh well I like where the show is heading other than that.

Man you guys are so fucked right now. Here I am thinking I'm gonna have a nice show ready to unravel after I binge daredevil and y'all spoil the fuck out of it.

Man you guys are so fucked right now. Here I am thinking I'm gonna have a nice show ready to unravel after I binge daredevil and y'all spoil the fuck out of it.

You can spoil Daredevil for me if that makes us more even. ;)

I'm still onboard and hopping off after this season. The bishop dying was unexpected I'm surprised by that but I'm glad. I'm wondering what's going to happen between Alfred and his brother now that he knows. The fucked up part is that his brother backed out of the whole thing but not sure that will matter in the end.

This whole Loki thing needs to stop already like move away from that shit. Watching Ivar get played by his whore has been entertaining.

Some of these shows are a bit tricky b/c we know the true history. Like we knew Alfred wasn't going to get killed by that little coup attempt or in battle b/c we know he's Alfred "The Great".
So it will definitely be interesting to see what Alfred does with his brother. And apparently the sweet innocent looking mother of Alfred isn't someone to be messed with!!

Ivar is going to go crazy when his woman betrays him....I think we have a feeling that part is coming. I wonder if Hvirstek will actually play a major part in this story other than following his brothers around. I wonder if Rollo will make another appearance or if him telling Bjorn that he thinks he's his father was him saying goodbye to the series? I wonder if we'll ever know for sure if Magus is Ragnar's son. I tend to think he isn't.

Lagertha is not dead right? I'm assuming Harald has her and will contemplate bringing her to Ivar as some arrangement. I'm guessing Bjorn will track her down somehow and meet up with Ivar again.

And PLEASE stop the whole Floki thing. It's been going on, what, like 2 seasons now? And nothing happens there!!! They better be getting to some point with that story as Floki was one of the better characters on the show and they are wasting him on some stupid side story with a WWE wrestler.

You can spoil Daredevil for me if that makes us more even. ;)
giphy.gif

Some of these shows are a bit tricky b/c we know the true history. Like we knew Alfred wasn't going to get killed by that little coup attempt or in battle b/c we know he's Alfred "The Great".
So it will definitely be interesting to see what Alfred does with his brother. And apparently the sweet innocent looking mother of Alfred isn't someone to be messed with!!

Ivar is going to go crazy when his woman betrays him....I think we have a feeling that part is coming. I wonder if Hvirstek will actually play a major part in this story other than following his brothers around. I wonder if Rollo will make another appearance or if him telling Bjorn that he thinks he's his father was him saying goodbye to the series? I wonder if we'll ever know for sure if Magus is Ragnar's son. I tend to think he isn't.

Lagertha is not dead right? I'm assuming Harald has her and will contemplate bringing her to Ivar as some arrangement. I'm guessing Bjorn will track her down somehow and meet up with Ivar again.

And PLEASE stop the whole Floki thing. It's been going on, what, like 2 seasons now? And nothing happens there!!! They better be getting to some point with that story as Floki was one of the better characters on the show and they are wasting him on some stupid side story with a WWE wrestler.

Yea I already knew the mom was crazy. Just from the way she was scheming to get Alfred to be King I knew she would be taking on a larger\fiercer role in running the kingdom.

I think Hvirstek is going to play a big part eventually just not sure what. They kind of been forshadowing the whole thing. I've even been wondering if he'll be the one to kill Ivar.

Lagertha has to be alive I didn't know where she was but yea Harald makes sense so that's probably where she is. Not sure he will bring her to Ivar or if he'll try and pull something else off.

I hate the Floki shit so much man. In the older seasons watching Rollo and Floki in battle was some of my favorite parts of the show. Those two just came across like real fucking vikings to me, same with Bjorn now.

This show is boring now, I'll probably drop it.

Show was traaaaaash after Ragnar died. I didn't even watch it for months. It was after that Ivar scene in the rain, I just said fuck this shit.

I tried to catch up during the holidays, and sweet jebus, this show is fucking garbage. Thank the gods for The Last Kingdom.

That show does right by Alfred and the Danes.

Lol @ Magnus. What a try-hard can.

I thought it was a decent episode overall. I was pretty surprised by the very end! Vikings doesn't always follow history I guess which made it more surprising. Bjorn sure loves to jump from woman to woman! lol.
I can't believe Legartha is just off the show like that or that she wont' make another appearance. But it's been like 6-7 months or so right? Based on how long Ivar's wife has been pregnant and how long it takes to travel around between Wessex and East Anglia and Harald going to York.
Magus' character does suck though.

LOL, now there is a chinese man, and he is bringing Buddhism to Scandinavia now.

did you guys know that it was ancient greeks who brought Buddhism from India to China? Well at least that is the theory. The Macedonians set up a kingdom in Bactria (afghanistan) after Alexander's death, that lasted until around the time of Christ.

And Mongolia had christianity way before the colonialist/Imperialist era

Back