Vikings is back on tonight with a new season

Didn't the Vikings have to conduct trade with most of Europe and the Arabs to get the steel for their blades though? At least some of it.

I believe their blades were made with Frankish steel. According to wiki, Frankish emperor Charles the bald made it punishable by death to sell Frankish steel to the Vikings.

This is one of the only shows I have on my DVR recordings that i basically fast forward on speed 1 until I see something interesting.This show comes off as such a poor mans game of thrones to the highest degree now it's very close to me deleting the series. ?Not sure why i still tune in, Maybe hoping something happens kind of like walking dead.

There's just wayyy to much cheesy nonsense in what could have been an epic series.. Once Ragnar died it was OVER.

The biggest problem I have is the casting. Their first few seasons they did a good job casting people who looked like Vikings. Now it seems they cast people with more Hollywood type looks.

They just seem like they don't know what they're doing with the plot anymore, it's all over the place.

The reason the show was better before Ragnar died is because it mainly focused on him and the consequences of his actions, it was simpler and more enjoyable.

Decent episode this week to set up for the last 2 episodes of the seasons. I just hope they don't end on a cliffhanger or something.

Also it's nice to see Lagertha back! Even though she seemed a shell of her former self she started to show the old her as she regained her strength and her wits about her. Great interaction between her and Judith. How they understand each other.

Ivar needs to be taken out. I'm getting tired of his constantly whining and killing and being crazy. I hope Hvirstek is the one to do it.

Even though it was only a flashback of scenes that we already saw, it was awesome seeing Ragnar back again! The show really misses him and I really miss seeing him on the show. I understand why they had to do what the did so they could move on to the story about the sons of Ragnar, but he is sorely missed and his character (minus the whole drug addiction story) was awesome!

How many damn seasons are there now? I think I lost interest somewhere at 2 or 3.

Decent episode this week to set up for the last 2 episodes of the seasons. I just hope they don't end on a cliffhanger or something.

Also it's nice to see Lagertha back! Even though she seemed a shell of her former self she started to show the old her as she regained her strength and her wits about her. Great interaction between her and Judith. How they understand each other.

Ivar needs to be taken out. I'm getting tired of his constantly whining and killing and being crazy. I hope Hvirstek is the one to do it.

Even though it was only a flashback of scenes that we already saw, it was awesome seeing Ragnar back again! The show really misses him and I really miss seeing him on the show. I understand why they had to do what the did so they could move on to the story about the sons of Ragnar, but he is sorely missed and his character (minus the whole drug addiction story) was awesome!

So at this point will Harald, Bjorn,Hvitserk, and King Olaf all join forces to take out Ivar? I feel like they need to get rid of his character. Hes the worst one at this point.

Also, what is the ending of Flokis colony now? Im assuming more people will come and join him on Iceland and actually make something of it?

Will be sure to fast forward the weird parts.

This show fell off once Ragnar died . YOu got some cripple who can’t even walk terrorizing everyone it’s a joke .

It’s like a super low budget game of thrones

I stopped watching when the theatrical drama level went over 9000. Floki became such an emo. <{clintugh}>

I did tried to get back into it and watched the first few eps when it focused more or Ragnar's sons and mainly the cripple. It had it's appeal but not enough to really stick by it.

After Ragnar died, Ivar was my favorite character and the reason why I still liked the series but his story is a downwards spiral for some time now... I guess I could just check to see how the real Ivar died(since they respected that in Ragnar's case).

I think Rollo coming back to have a central role is the best thing that can happen with the series. The sons have nothing on the OG bros as of now...

About last episode, the Lagertha vision with Ragnar gave me chills....

What bout Flokis threat to Edge about raping his son in front of him after he cut his balls off and shoved them in his mouth?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think that might have been even a little too hardcore for a Viking.

How many damn seasons are there now? I think I lost interest somewhere at 2 or 3.

Technically this is Season 5. However it's tricky. They went from 10 episodes per season for the first 3 seasons (well 9 the first season) to 20 episodes per season for seasons 4-5 but broke them into "1/2 seasons" of 10. In my opinion each 1/2 season is really it's own 10 episode season so I think of this more as season 7.
I personally would have rather seen 12-14 episodes per season. The only thing they did with 20 episodes was take enough good content for 12 episodes and dddddrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaagggggg it along to make 20 episodes out of it.

What bout Flokis threat to Edge about raping his son in front of him after he cut his balls off and shoved them in his mouth?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think that might have been even a little too hardcore for a Viking.

LOL - I caught that too.... I was like......whoah! I mean I can see the whole raping and pillaging but raping his son in front of him? lol.

After Ragnar died, Ivar was my favorite character and the reason why I still liked the series but his story is a downwards spiral for some time now... I guess I could just check to see how the real Ivar died(since they respected that in Ragnar's case).

I think Rollo coming back to have a central role is the best thing that can happen with the series. The sons have nothing on the OG bros as of now...

About last episode, the Lagertha vision with Ragnar gave me chills....

Seeing Ragnar gave me chills too. Makes me want to go back and watch the first 2 seasons.

And Ivar was definitely interesting while hanging with Ragnar in Wessex, gathering his army, killing sigard snake in the eye, etc. But now he's just gone insane and for 5-6 episodes just does the same schtick with pretending his a god and killing innocent people. He's stale, like you said.

I think Bjorn is my favorite character left other than Lagertha. Ubbe finally became interesting as well. And of course it's hard not to love Harald and his ambitions...heh. I'm also interested in Alfred's story.

Damn Floki.....!

That speech was harsh. Burning wives, raping sons

I think Bjorn is my favorite character left other than Lagertha. Ubbe finally became interesting as well. And of course it's hard not to love Harald and his ambitions...heh. I'm also interested in Alfred's story.

Bjorn always is hunched over. Always! Pay attention to it next episode. He is always looking downwards, has his head tilted downwards and ever since i noticed I can't stand it! lol.

Bjorn always is hunched over. Always! Pay attention to it next episode. He is always looking downwards, has his head tilted downwards and ever since i noticed I can't stand it! lol.

LOL - Ya, I can picture it. He's always hunched and kind of has his head cocked a bit sideways.....like he's deep in thought. I think I like him b/c he's like the only Viking looking one left on the show as far as size and intimidation factor. Ubbe and Hvirstek are wimpy looking. Harald is strong but looks like he'd be a manlet in real life.

We need guys like Leif and Erik from season 1!

upload_2019-1-18_15-14-15.png

upload_2019-1-18_15-14-32.png

LOL - Ya, I can picture it. He's always hunched and kind of has his head cocked a bit sideways.....like he's deep in thought. I think I like him b/c he's like the only Viking looking one left on the show as far as size and intimidation factor. Ubbe and Hvirstek are wimpy looking. Harald is strong but looks like he'd be a manlet in real life.

We need guys like Leif and Erik from season 1!

View attachment 507311

View attachment 507313

Its ridiculous they killed all those guys off when they were the most Viking ones on the show. I feel like they would have had better stories if they had kept one or two of those guys around. Also Kauko, Jarl Siegfried, Kalf, Thorsteinn, all those guys were huge. You look at Harald now and think he would crushed by those guys. I feel like they should have had Harald best a huge guy in single combat to build up his character. Even now he just seems like some brooding loser who gets screwed all the time and just takes it.

PS: why havent they tried to cast Hafthor Bjornson on the show? Maybe next season.

Good episode. It was the first time I felt Ubbe had a presence. The fight scene with King Frodo was good also him admitting after that he wasnt really a Christian.

Hopefully Ivar gets deposed in next weeks finale.

I'm actually catching up on this show on hulu.

Back