Videogames monthly ... Any subscribers?

I get what you're saying, but it feels pretty special to collect physical copies of games (and consoles). It's a feeling that emulators just can't match.

That being said, you can more or less perfectly emulate everything up to around the PS1/N64.

Just for relatively older systems, i still have my snes, ps2, and a 360, all of them have issues.

- The Snes games will start up, title screens will pop up, some will let me get into the actual game, but there are missing graphics and they are all unplayable.

- cant open the snes or the carts to clean/check anything because it takes a special tool (the alternate methods either dont work or will break the case).

- all of the ps2 analog sticks have lost their elasticity.

- all of the xbox analog sticks have lost their elasticity.

The only system I actually collect games for is my game boy advanced sp, I have many rare and highly sought after games for it. The only reason i got them is either i bought them at release or found them for cheap (5-20 max), and they made the peripheral that allowed you to put games on an sd card illegal and extremely difficult to find. (edit: they were hard to get years ago when I was still buying games, they sell them on amazon now)

Lol, literally the only problem I have with any of my old consoles is a floppy analog stick on my 64.

I get it's a hobby to collect cartridges and they have their own appeal, but wouldn't you be better off getting physical copies from a flea market or eBay?

I get it's a hobby to collect cartridges and they have their own appeal, but wouldn't you be better off getting physical copies from a flea market or eBay?

You would, something like this seems like a way for a company to get rid of a bunch of shitty titles. There are several stores around here that sell the Retron systems as well as classic games, a perusal through their inventory is depressing... There will be like 20 copies of a multitude of absolutely shitty games, and if you're lucky they'll have a locked case with like 5 good games that are nearly as expensive as AAA titles on current gen systems.

I can't imagine a subscription system such as this making any money sending people sought after games like Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, FF II/III/Tactics, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Killer Instinct, Super Metroid, etc...

I do appreciate alternatives but id rather play the games on a TV. I also like paying for stuff/ don't like stealing... But I guess in this case the publisher isn't making money either way so I've never really thought about that. Also I have had problems with emulators in the past not feeling right. If I went the emulator route I would like to do so through a hand held system. I read psp emulators are poor. If I'm wrong please enlighten me.

My wii u virtual console has a bunch of the snes games and now starting to get the 64 games so maybe a handheld system plus emulator would be better at this point. Or selectively buying games. I just thought the idea of getting a box with old games every month would be awesome if they games ranged from decent to great.

I don't know what you have for a computer but a toaster can run up through PS1/64 games fine. If you got a laptop, I would suggest just hooking an HDMI cable up to your tv and playing it. If you don't like using the right controller Amazon has all kinds of classic controller designs made for computers that are super cheap, go ahead and check it out. Even some blutooth ones thrown in
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...rds=snes+usb+controller&sprefix=snes+,aps,304

Back