Car dealerships how do these people sleep?

Never buy brand new.

Never buy from a dealership.

Always buy private sale, but bring a mechanic.

Just buy a used car privately for cash. You get a better deal and none of the bullshit.
This is the way.
Cash vs credit isn't like it used to be. The whole idea "better price for cash" doesn't really exist. In fact from what I've seen, many will give you a better price if you finance b/c they can make money on the financing. Then just pay off your loan early. YMMV.
I just bought a used car and had a cash budget of 11k. I was surprised how
Any dealerships weren’t into the whole “just let me buy the car with this money” thing. No financing means no interest means no money for them. They’re also smart enough to know if they turn me away then some sucker will walk in and buy the same car but at their prices and financing instead of haggling with me.
Also let’s be real. Most people don't have the money to buy a new car with all cash.
This is true, and seems crazy to me. If you can afford 300-500 a month for a car payment then why not just save 300-500 a month for a few years til you have the cash on hand to buy the vehicle?

I bought a new Grand Cherokee recently. Was planning on the 56k they stated on phone. I got therexan magically it was 67k . I gotcup and said really loud in front of everyone e in the show room. "You make a deal with me on the phone , I come in and somehow its 11k more n you want to start bullshitting me with why . I'm already paying alot more interest now an I made a deal with you now you want to bait an switch . I'm leaving and I hope everyone here heard this" left . Didn't even make my car when the manager came running out and ended up paying 1k less than the price on the phone. They likely still raw dogged me good but I bought it an counted it as a "win" it likely wasn't much of one though.

I usually don't bitch an never make a scene but that really pissed me off to get told a price on phone only to be bait an switched there. I channeled my inner Karen I guess. Lol

This is true, and seems crazy to me. If you can afford 300-500 a month for a car payment then why not just save 300-500 a month for a few years til you have the cash on hand to buy the vehicle?
Because usually they recently had (or still have) a car payment on their existing car. Even if they didn't many people tend to just spend it all and overconsume. I have sympathy towards those that are barely scraping by and just don't have the income to save much extra, but it's those that do bring in a higher income that bogles my mind on how bad many are with money. The worse is when they complain about how they can't afford to do certain things, but then make bad financial decisions on everyday living and build debt instead of working towards building wealth. Whatever though. It's not my life and tbh if everyone was like me it would probably be bad for this consumer driven society.

Because usually they recently had (or still have) a car payment on their existing car. Even if they didn't many people tend to just spend it all and overconsume. I have sympathy towards those that are barely scraping by and just don't have the income to save much extra, but it's those that do bring in a higher income that bogles my mind on how bad many are with money. The worse is when they complain about how they can't afford to do certain things, but then make bad financial decisions on everyday living and build debt instead of working towards building wealth. Whatever though. It's not my life and tbh if everyone was like me it would probably be bad for this consumer driven society.
My ex-wife and I were scraping by paycheck to paycheck in our early 20s. She was a fine arts painter who also worked at a daycare and I was a baker and barista. At the end of the month if things were good, we’d have a couple hundred bucks left over to try and save.

My brother-in-law and his wife on the other hand, probably made four or five times what we did. He’s a corporate lawyer, and she works in the nonprofit sector, but in one of those juicy admin positions. But after payments on both cars, the mortgage, credit cards used to buy toys, the boat, the ATVs, and student loans ironically, were in the same boat as us.

I’m in a much better place financially with Wife number two but I never forgot how to live poor. The business I started took off and I started making solid, middle-class money My lifestyle didn’t change. I’m a Happy dirtbag at heart and don’t need much to be happy. We go out to restaurants to eat way more often and that is my only extra expense every month. The rest of the money I earn goes towards my investments and retirement portfolio. I’m on track to be done working by the time I’m in my early to mid 50s.

I say all of this from the driver seat of my 2007 Camry with 116,000 miles that I just bought cash for 6500 bucks along with 200 bucks for a mechanic to do a pre-sale inspection for me.

I can say as someone frugal, I have the best looking house on the block with the worst looking cars. The curb appeal is an asset, cars are liabilities. I do spend quite a bit on life experiences....... my travel bills for 2024 is starting to look like it's going to be 30K..... home and cars paid off a long while back, I cant stand debt, making up for lost time because of covid.....
I'm on a career changer so no 30k travel. I almost spent nye in Vegas but opted out.

You sir are smart. If you saw people losing their jobs for not wanting heart attack and stroke boosters, you likely view life differently. Mini FU fund is a must. I used to think 3-6months. I'm now thinking 1-2years. pending where you live. Say America vs some shit hole corrupt place.

Are you marries? I'm assuming not. So many soy boys married the village bicycle. Are practically furniture in their own home and footing them bills for some sloot on a spending spree.

My D gets soft when a woman is fiscally irresponsible. I'm not kidding. Lifetime bachelor. I meet college girls with some rubbish liberal arts degree or feminist dog shit and obnoxious student loan. No thank you. Maybe Netflix and chill but some girls literally start nesting and try moving in. A girl showed up with her life backed up into a buddy's driveway. All her financed nonsense is in her car she cannot afford. he told her she doesn't have to go home but gtfo lol. <Lmaoo> I cringe when I see buddies get roped in by some poontang. Typically late 20s pushing 30 and now it's baby fever. Con in some dumb schmuck.

You or I can be fiscally responsible and minimalist but knock up some WAG and it's game over.

Yep. Or like intergenerational poverty. Those escaping that got a uphill battle. That or having kids you can't afford or knocking up some sloot who thinks you are a ATM and exit strategy via divorce grape.

I see guys living in their car. I know a guy living in his mom's basement after he knocked up a single mom. He is in financial ruin.

I read the millionaire next door. It's fascinating to hear how actual millionaires move vs the internet dude bro with his rented car and trust fund.

Yep. Or like intergenerational poverty. Those escaping that got a uphill battle. That or having kids you can't afford or knocking up some sloot who thinks you are a ATM and exit strategy via divorce grape.

I see guys living in their car. I know a guy living in his mom's basement after he knocked up a single mom. He is in financial ruin.

I read the millionaire next door. It's fascinating to hear how actual millionaires move vs the internet dude bro with his rented car and trust fund.
Ahhhhh. Child support payments can hurt peoples finances significantly. It's ridiculous. Divorces too especially if it gets messy. I hear some horror stories of the amount they have to pay their ex or baby mama. I wonder how much Nick Cannon pays out monthly lol...

All the shady shit going on, and you still bought from them? That's why they do that shit. I would have just left and went somewhere else

I can’t wait for the dealership model to be scrapped entirely. Too many soft handed sissies I grew up with did nothing with their lives then ended up car salesmen. Now they think they’re king shit for ripping people off and have an air of self importance I can’t stand. Some of these guys are lucky to even have jobs. Half of them can’t even change a tire or even list 5 car parts.

The dealership model sucks. The only career I hate (besides politicians) as much as car salesmen is real estate agents. Both these people are leeches that get in the way of me purchasing something. Both are totally useless for the most part in this day and age.

Shoutout to the real estate agent (my close friends’ ex girlfriend lol) who got me an obscene sum of money for my home unprompted from some come from aways tho. I literally made almost 6 figures pure profit because some agent sold them a dream of living in the middle of fucking nowhere. Good thing there’s not winter yet or they’d be trying to find me to undo it probably. Can’t wait to build on my new land this spring thanks to these people from Ontario who made me rich!

Once we're all forced to go electric then it's dealing with the OEMs directly. Dealerships are out but so will many garages.

Everyone keeps saying don't buy from a dealership. I've had many co workers and friends who bought used and easily over 50% of them have had to put in big money for repairs that their mechanic friends did not detect.

I've bought three cars all new and each are running in perfect condition. It may have been slighty higher up front but in the long game I've saved significant amounts of money.

From my experiences domestic cars are far more likely to crap out, also find out for your imports where they are being manufactured. Anything from Japan is usually rock solid.

Your credit union/bank will give a better deal. Dealerships do not want cash and the 0% over many years is usually them adding that extra cost into your purchase price of the car. Purchase extended warranty separately from the manufacturer afterwards.

90% of the people you deal in the dealership either are clueless or scum bags, you will have to do most of the research yourself.

The last time around I think only Hyundai was the only dealership that was straight up and honest and didn't play any games and they said the price on the sticker is what we sell it for no more and no less. It was refreshing even though we didn't end up going with them.

I'm on a career changer so no 30k travel. I almost spent nye in Vegas but opted out.

You sir are smart. If you saw people losing their jobs for not wanting heart attack and stroke boosters, you likely view life differently. Mini FU fund is a must. I used to think 3-6months. I'm now thinking 1-2years. pending where you live. Say America vs some shit hole corrupt place.

Are you marries? I'm assuming not. So many soy boys married the village bicycle. Are practically furniture in their own home and footing them bills for some sloot on a spending spree.

My D gets soft when a woman is fiscally irresponsible. I'm not kidding. Lifetime bachelor. I meet college girls with some rubbish liberal arts degree or feminist dog shit and obnoxious student loan. No thank you. Maybe Netflix and chill but some girls literally start nesting and try moving in. A girl showed up with her life backed up into a buddy's driveway. All her financed nonsense is in her car she cannot afford. he told her she doesn't have to go home but gtfo lol. <Lmaoo> I cringe when I see buddies get roped in by some poontang. Typically late 20s pushing 30 and now it's baby fever. Con in some dumb schmuck.

You or I can be fiscally responsible and minimalist but knock up some WAG and it's game over.
I'm married to a trad wife, I took care of the bills/investments/retirement, she took care of the kids, and a NON shopaholic, her vices are gardening....... five kids in, we kind of went off on a tangent to make more money, and it's kind of my fault, I had a secret side gig that I kept from everyone, she found out about it, and started a small at home nursery (she's got innate business skills coming from a family of successful business folks with no formal education).... I gave up my gig, help her fulfill her dreams, and now it's starting to pick up, might have to start hiring full time workers (have part timers already).

none of are kids are vaccinated except for my oldest, he was old enough to decide, but when it came to boosters......... japan made him get one for travel, lets just say he didnt get the booster and still got to travel, read between the lines <45>

before any of the WAG/red pill stuff, it was basic for me, find a gal that's close to her family, and the family needed to be whole. The criteria didnt need to be complicated, because a gal with no mom will probably have issues, a gal with no dad definitely has issues..... Same advice I give to my son although the gal he's with is some woke trash with both parents........ which is kind of a blow to my theory.......

Ahhhhh. Child support payments can hurt peoples finances significantly. It's ridiculous. Divorces too especially if it gets messy. I hear some horror stories of the amount they have to pay their ex or baby mama. I wonder how much Nick Cannon pays out monthly lol...

It's even more creepy.

Imagine paying child support to some skank who on your dollar is out getting her chit pushed in. Money that's supposed to go to your kid is spent on her nonsense.

Even a minimalist is getting rekt if he has baby mama drama or divorce grape. That Hakimi situation went viral because playboy left his entire net worth to his mamma. Wife tries to divorce grape and she gets nodda. It's a rare W for dudes in that situation.

I'm married to a trad wife, I took care of the bills/investments/retirement, she took care of the kids, and a NON shopaholic, her vices are gardening....... five kids in, we kind of went off on a tangent to make more money, and it's kind of my fault, I had a secret side gig that I kept from everyone, she found out about it, and started a small at home nursery (she's got innate business skills coming from a family of successful business folks with no formal education).... I gave up my gig, help her fulfill her dreams, and now it's starting to pick up, might have to start hiring full time workers (have part timers already).

none of are kids are vaccinated except for my oldest, he was old enough to decide, but when it came to boosters......... japan made him get one for travel, lets just say he didnt get the booster and still got to travel, read between the lines <45>

before any of the WAG/red pill stuff, it was basic for me, find a gal that's close to her family, and the family needed to be whole. The criteria didnt need to be complicated, because a gal with no mom will probably have issues, a gal with no dad definitely has issues..... Same advice I give to my son although the gal he's with is some woke trash with both parents........ which is kind of a blow to my theory.......
Respect man.

I don't get these fucking morons who marry and she's ran threw. Got some other man's kid. Isn't traditional, feminine, fit, or COOPERATIVE. Mate, big ups. The grass isn't always greener. For real.

Big ups on the vax situation. I saw A Girl aged 14 died in Japan and they pulled whatever one afterwards. The scary part is that, I heard situations where a wife goes behind her husband's back, and gets her kid vaxxed. Crazy! I would lose my fucking mind. For real, I'm happy you guys are unified. I heard for sports, college athletes got pushed to get the jab.

Tbh I hate the RP crap. I think majority are scammers. I am fascinated with evo psych. I am not sure when you got married. It's FUCKED out here. What you are seeing with your sons girl is the typical NPCs and average girl today. Hard left. Feminist. Promiscuous and pro deletion. Hopefully, he puts her in check or drops her. I agree with you that on average, a two parent household with a father and mother leads to better outcomes. Likely, her father is furniture and a atm. Not head of the house.

How are you teaching your kids fiscal responsibility beyond your actions? Well played sir. You have done well for yourself and family. Particularly unreal now a days especially with the culture and dynamic of society. Being married is a statistical outlier now a days. You gave your kids the best shot with a stable upbringing and environment.

Once we're all forced to go electric then it's dealing with the OEMs directly. Dealerships are out but so will many garages.
Wont happen. The automotive lobby and the people will push back strongly. It’s just virtue signalling and career politicians betting on winners so they can play the stock market accordingly. It’s not practical plus automotive and oil lobbyists will never allow it even if it was

They're being scumbags for a living. It's crazy way to live and I would hate myself if I had to do it.

Dealerships love when you finance through them. When I bought my truck in 2016, I got a pre approved loan form my bank so I was upfront with the dealership that I would not be financing through them and they still ran my credit and came back and said "we want you to finance through us but our interest rate is little higher than your banks." The nerve of them even approaching me with that bs made me laugh and the lady at my bank who was helping me said they do that all the time.

Check pre approval with the CC companies.
Last two cars I have financed at better rate than Toyota can offer.

Three cars ago when I was buying my wife’s now daughters car for college.

Finance guy was going through a bunch of ridiculous extended warranty crap. It was a ‘14 Impreza base 4 cylinder with 28k miles.

I just told him if I thought I needed that stuff I wouldn’t be buying that car. The look on the finance managers face was pure dejected.

Try that line before your next Lien

What I do for a living is to go into Car Dealerships and train the finance department on how to structure deals and sell aftermarket warranties to earn the store as much revenue as possible. It is all in the presentation. As a consumer, I would tell you to look for value....don't pay for things you do not see value in. Believe it or not the biggest scam is what is called "reserve". When you finance through a dealership, whatever rate they tell you you got approved at is usually a point or two higher than what it really is. That is profit for a store. On a 5 year loan, the difference of the 5% you got approved at and the 7% they tell you is significant. It is better to get a loan through a credit union or your own bank unless there is a special deal like 0%-2.9%.
The other thing is Warranties. You need a warranty if you are going to keep your car longer than 3 years. You don't if you keep your car for shorter periods where it stays inside the manufacturer's warranty. Also remember that power train warranties only cover the engine and transmission....they do not cover electrical, computers, screens, sensors, any of the power equipment that is extremely expensive to fix on new cars. Tire and wheel plans are good, Mechanical plans are good. Any plan that covers your cars paint with a coating is a scam.

Back