Car dealerships how do these people sleep?

When I bought my truck I handled all of the financial details through e-mail so that the out the door price was settled before I even set foot in the dealership. The only reason I went there was to inspect and test drive, and then pick it up.

And I got my financing through my bank ahead of time as well. I would never sit there and try to dicker and deal with a dealership. Their entire job is to get as much out of you as possible. And if you make the mistake of getting financing through the dealership (unless it's an extremely low rate that you can't match elsewhere), they'll use that financing as a means of obfuscating / jacking the final price of the vehicle way up.

Again, if you are looking to buy a car, here's what you need to do:

1: Do all of your research online. Use sites like Cargurus or whatever to find something in your area that you're interested in. E-mail that dealership and work out the final, out the door price of the vehicle. They'll most likely try to get you to come in, or to at least talk with them on the phone. Tell them you're not interested in communicating outside e-mail.

2: Only go to the dealership if you want to test drive and inspect the vehicle, or to pick it up.

3: Get your financing elsewhere if possible so that the only thing you need to concern yourself with is the actual price of the vehicle. If you have to get financing from the dealership, nail down the actual price of the vehicle, and get it in writing, prior to discussing financing in any way.

Also, don't let any financial institution trick you into thinking you need to buy credit insurance for your auto loan. You don't. Ever. If they tell you otherwise, they're lying, and you can report them to your AG or the FTC. I rejected the credit insurance offered by a credit union and they proceeded to go into the back and then come back with an interest rate 4 points higher than what they had previously agreed to. They told me it was because my credit score had gone down. I showed them that my credit score had actually gone up, and they went into the back again and came back out with the original 1.59%.

A lot of people would have just accepted it and ended up paying thousands of dollars extra over the course of the loan. When it comes to buying an automobile, everybody, including your bank, is probably going to try and fuck you over at some point.

Also, show up unannounced for your test drive, especially for a used vehicle. Do not let them "go in the back and get it warmed up for you". A rough cold start could be a sign of potential issues that would be masked otherwise.

Last edited:
People usually don't survive in the sales world with a conscience. You either produce or get the hell out

I know a car guy here that used to own a company that was a mortgage broker, investment broker, and insurance agent. He ended up stealing from one of the investment clients and was arrested. Besides the normal charges, he faced disciplinary action from the state. This prevents him from getting into most industries where he's handling money. What industry is he able to get into? Car sales. He excels at it too. I know he makes six figures.

Last car I bought was from a small independent dealership. The owner was legit, he told me to check out the car myself because he was doing other things. I had a car expert friend I FaceTimed while I checked the car. Friend said it looked good. Test drove the car. The car was good and we negotiated for like 5 minutes. The owner probably took less profit from the deal but it seemed like he just wanted to keep his inventory moving. Whole thing probably took 1.5 hours with the paperwork. Car still runs good right now (*knock on wood*).

I was gonna buy from private seller but it was about same price at the dealership and better quality - this was 1.5 years after covid and car prices were inflated.

TLDR: some dealerships can be good.

I ordered my Teslas from their website. You paid what it was asked. There was no hidden additional fees or etc. You got approved by Tesla or a bank of your choosing. That’s how dealerships should run their business.

OK... I seriously want to punch someone right in the dick right now...

The biggest car sales website in Australia is https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/porsche/911/carrera-gts-badge/

I just want to upgrade to a 992 series 911 Carrera GTS and I look them up and just about every single one of the fucking site is listed as: Enquire for price

I mean, I am not even allowed to know the motherfucking price unless I contact the seller? You can eat a giant bag of dicks.

Cunts, the lot of them.
you have a vpn on

I went to buy a new car yesterday. I'm a simple man. Just wanted a base model Corolla brand new that's it. Found the lowest price and went to buy it. Guy comes back says my credit is excellent lets get it going. I got off work a bit early and was on-call that day so was distracted with emails coming in while doing all of this.

He comes back with the price\payments and a 21k car is now requiring me to finance 31k from them. I look over it and he's added just under 6k in accessories. I look at this guy and say what's with these accessories and what am I getting. This is where I damn near lost my shit.

- window tint
- nitrous air in tires
- front bumper protection from chips/damage
- some special coating on the car.
- roadside assistance type thing.

I got up and said Thanks man but the other dealership I got my car from posted a price online and then sold it to me for that exact price. I only came here cause you guys were 1k cheaper. He gets up and says hold on let me talk to my manager we can't have that other dealership beating us in prices. Comes back and miraculously the 6k is removed. Shows me the monthly cost and I'm kind of just pausing cause I'm confused but I think whatever the total price looks fine and he has me sign some shit saying I saw the monthly cost\price and I'm ok with it. Then they have me wait for the finance guy.

As I'm waiting I'm starting to realize the monthly payment plus the amount of money I need to borrow makes no sense. I hop on capital ones site and quickly get preapproved from them and I see my monthly payment drop around $50 instantly. This was just randomly picking a car that was a similar price. At this point I almost walked out but I've been there for two hours and I hate this whole process. I just wanted my car and to leave. So I get back to the financing guy and show him all this and I'm like this isn't adding up. Then he shows me the paper I signed and I'm like "yes and...". Then he tries to tell me the prepproval doesn't have your real apr. I'm like unless my APR triples there's no way my payments will be as high as what you guys are offering. After I threaten to just leave because I can find a better deal he leaves the office and comes back dropping my payments by $77 a month.

Long story short the dealership tried to add 6k in BS accessories that was instantly removed the minute I threatened to leave. Then tried to stick me with a monthly car payment that made no sense when using a loan calculator.

I don't understand how anyone can work like this. Essentially just BSing people and trying to get as much money out of them as you can. The funny thing is I'm realizing now that the last time I bought another corolla in 2020 that they most likely artificially raised my monthly payment at that time to. At least that dealership didn't try to stick with me a bunch of BS accessories.

The most annoying shit to is the financing guy kept asking. Well what do you want your monthly payments to be what can you afford. I was like I can afford all of this, I can afford to double the car payments if I need to but I'm not just handing you guys free money. I want the lowest possible monthly payment I can get that's my goal.
that entire industry, from mechanics to dealers seems to attract the same type of person. they'll lie, or "fix" your car in a way that doesn't fix it and take all the money they can. You have to figure, all the scumbags and useless losers out there have to have a means of making money too. I hate car people only deal with them when I have to.

Back