Video of GSP, Kang and Loiseau strength training

Quick question. What advantages does that row type exercise on the rings have over traditional BOR's?

If I had to guess I'd say there are 2

1. More stabilizers come into play because the rings are not anchored.
2. More natural range of motion for the same reason as above.

Thanks for the video. I'd only seen the end of the Alexander clip, so didn't realise that he did all that other crap... I was kinda impressed by the hill sprints, tire throws and sledge hammer stuff.. oops!

Stress on the core and stabilisation is much more with the rings than with a BOR.

I loved that set up they had with the weighted elastic cables attached to the thick rope, so that the position of rope #1 was reset by the time the athlete had finished with rope #2. Very clever.

Vid is only 36 kb. Looks like they took it down.

Damn! I keep missing it!! Its down again.

Damn it is. The bandwidth used for that site probably went through the roof since I posted the link.

I'll throw it up youtube either way.

Glad I dled it the other day. Good to watch. Had seen or heard of most the stuff before, but still gave me some ideas.

On the youtube video, who's the trainer talking about at the 1:20 mark?

Whenever it's thrown up somewhere else, let me know. I'd like the high quality.

On the youtube video, who's the trainer talking about at the 1:20 mark?

Good question. I can't make out whats hes saying either. He mentions Couture making a comment about the guy looking tired on the tape. Anybody else know who hes talking about.

Cool, just got to watch the youtube video, couldn't get the other link to work. Thanks for re-posting that for us. Nice set-up they got there.

If anyone got in on the original download could put it up on megaupload or something of the like that would be awesome. Nice vid whichever way you look at it though.

great vid , i wish they would show more of this on cable instead of sound bits and rogan,dana talking about how the fighters hate each other.

i didn't know GSP was that strong.the Db press combined with the medicine ball looks like a good excercise for MMA.last night itried to do the 5 hops at approx. 40 in,even though Rush was doing approx 44in. i barely made it. i dont have the equuipment for the Db press or a medicine ball.but i dont think i could press that much weight.by the way i'm approx. 180 cm - 78 kg, that's 6 ft - 171 lbs.sorry i got carried away rambling on but i had 1 question. how heavy was that medicine ball weigh?
GSP over Fitch in 2nd by ref stoppage.

GSP is a great all around athlete. I can do the chins with that weight and jumps but my bench press isnt that strong. Anybody know what he does for leg strength?

long walks on the beach with your mother

i didn't know GSP was that strong.the Db press combined with the medicine ball looks like a good excercise for MMA.last night itried to do the 5 hops at approx. 40 in,even though Rush was doing approx 44in. i barely made it. i dont have the equuipment for the Db press or a medicine ball.but i dont think i could press that much weight.by the way i'm approx. 180 cm - 78 kg, that's 6 ft - 171 lbs.sorry i got carried away rambling on but i had 1 question. how heavy was that medicine ball weigh?
GSP over Fitch in 2nd by ref stoppage.

Ball could be 15-20# maybe?

There's another way to approximate that exercise w/BW. 1 Arm pushup (about 4-5/arm) followed 8 plyo-pushups (clap pushups).

Ross Enamait has this type of training (Complex Training, or Rate of Force Development) in his books. Check 'em out. They're worth every penny and more.

Back