You ever see GSP's OLD training vid?

135 x 10 Bench
10 incline pushups
12 x 10 DB flys
65 x 10 BOR.

For 4 sets, 1 minute rest between.

DB Flys.

W T F?

lol you can really see a difference in his strength and explosiveness lately. that's what happens when you stop training like you did back in high school to impress the lady's.

it was on a countdown show before his fight with Sakara I think. Could have been the Thiago Silva fight as well.

It was Thiago, before UFC 78. He did a few good things if I remember correctly, then killed it towards the end.

135 x 10 Bench
10 incline pushups
12 x 10 DB flys
65 x 10 BOR.

DB Flys.

W T F?
:icon_conf what the fuck

135 x 10 Bench
10 incline pushups
12 x 10 DB flys
65 x 10 BOR.

DB Flys.

W T F?

When you are training for a fight, you do station type training that includes isolation work to burn out individual muscles. It's all about endurance at that point.

And that's not the ONLY thing they do. If you watched Sherk All Access he would do his crazy rounds of tire flipping, wrestling drills, sleds, rope pulls then later he did some isolation circuit training.

Of course it's also possible GSP was just being an idiot.

I can do the chinups thing... the hurdles not so much

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgFD4MiOi_A&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgFD4MiOi_A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I think this is the vid that Mike was talking about.

Whats with that baby sledge Houston was using... and "Curlee's" gym was laughable compared the facility gsp was training at

whatever houston does strength and conditioning wise so far works for him...because thats definitely not the reason he's been losing

whatever houston does strength and conditioning wise so far works for him...because thats definitely not the reason he's been losing

Loss - James Irvin, Technical Knock Out, Rd1 0:08
Loss - Thiago Silva, Technical Knock Out, Rd1 3:25
Win - Alessio Sakara, Technical Knock Out, Rd1 1:01
Win - Keith Jardine, Technical Knock Out, Rd1 0:48

How can we tell that his conditioning is good when the longest he's been in the cage is 3 minutes? I agree with you that it's not the reason he's lost... but it's also not possible to tell if he can go 3 rounds either.

I love having Alexander and Sakara in the UFC. Either way, you know someone is going to get KOd.

Dude wait till the end of the houston video, and watch the paulo filho training video

Quick question. What advantages does that row type exercise on the rings have over traditional BOR's?

Back