VIDEO: Dave Herman tased by cops

Im not saying the cops were in the right here, but common sense, if one cop car is following you, then a second cop car follows you, im pretty sure its a safe bet they are legit. Seems to me him and his wife were looking to get a lawsuit going from the minute he stepped out of his car.

Put the tin foil hat away for a bit. Do we even know the reason for the stop? Could have been changing lanes with a turn signal, headlight out, who knows? What we do know is that any one of these things no matter how minor is justification to make a traffic stop. Herman's behavior is what justified him getting tazed, not the stop itself.

There is no need to "trump up charges" as you said.

Huh? They hit him with assault of an officer charge

that is some bullshit rofl, your not gona pull over in the middle of a fucking highway with a child in your car on a icy road, its percfectly normal to drive a bit to a better area, at least one were you can actually feel safe in.

Why was he tased rofl...... The fuck, had his hands up, was about to go face down, he asked for some ID in a non offensive matter without swearing or being aggressive....

This is some bullshit, oh and now cops *i wasn't on to record anything* excuse, GG.

Is 3 fucking miles just "a bit farther"?

From the AVVO link posted earlier:
No, he is not and you are very likely to have an annoyed officer on your hands, choose your battles wisely.

a-FUCKING-men goddamn.

They didn't need to, but they did

Only according to Herman's wife, who isn't the most reliable and objective of witnesses.

Frankly, based on her own video and testimony, I'm far more inclined to believe the cops in this case than I am the Hermans.

Huh? They hit him with assault of an officer charge

Assault isn't techinically physically touching someone is the thing. Assault is simply "a fear of an unwanted touch" so technically when we were all in middle school with a friend going "don't touch me" and we were holding our fingers an inch from their eye or something that's assault.

Only according to Herman's wife, who isn't the most reliable and objective of witnesses.

Frankly, based on her own video and testimony, I'm far more inclined to believe the cops in this case than I am the Hermans.

noted, I was assuming that charges she listed were true, but based on the video, they may not be... Especially since she didn't end the video with three forms of id

Herman is a moron, cops in uniform driving a marked cruiser and he wants to see ID. First he should not have drove 3 miles before pulling over, second he should not have gotten out of the vehicle and third this is just another case of people that think they know everything and just want to harass the police.

He didn't pull over for three miles after being flashed.

He then stepped out of his vehicle when he finally stopped.

He didn't comply with lawful order.

He was warned of what would happen if he continued to fail to comply with lawful order.

He's a large, young, fit man who looks like he can handle himself.

The cops did exactly what they should've done. Herman had every opportunity to make his encounter with the police that night a smooth and uneventful one, and he failed to do so.

This exactly. The ID rule does not mean the police have to drop everything they are doing and dig out their IDs. The guy was behaving like a common criminal, so he got treated like one. Sounds like he was using every excuse he could find (not pulling over until he found a place that was acceptable, demanding the 3 IDs immediately, getting out and approaching the police) to fuck with them. For every idiot that does shit like that to prove a point, there's ten that do it because they have very bad intentions. He chose the path that situation went.

Most cops today are young and have a hard-on. All the old timer, cooler cops, have retired.

I can't find any evidence that a uniformed police officer has to show three forms of ID to a suspect.

I can't find any evidence that a uniformed police officer has to show three forms of ID to a suspect.

They don't, it's idiotic bullshit made up to get gullible anti-establishment idiots to act like the idiots they are when the police are near.

"The police held me and my baby hostage while it was getting colder in the car and we couldn't close the windows to get warm." Yea.. ok lady.. I think she was reaching a little here.

I always get a chuckle of out idiots... "show me three forms of ID, it's the LAW!". The whole video is basically a step by step instructional of how to go to jail

Well that was lame as whole fuck. He was calmly asking them to show him id, which they are clearly required to do. Power tripping morons.

it's tricky, though, since police feel the need to have someone under control before so doing. it's usually a very bad idea to get out of the car or to do anything without police instructions as well.

i do agree that there was no need to taser, but i bet nothing comes of it in terms of lawsuit or disciplinary actions.

U guys serious? His Wife was very rude and demanded the cop show 3 forms of ID.

Look, I don't like cops more than anybody else but they deal with fuck heads all day and dangerous people.

When you are dealing with them just be brief and respectful and everybody will be on their separate ways soon enough.

Add to this situation 1) A Rude Woman + 2) A GIGANTIC HW MMA fighter and you're surprised the cops use a taser? Seriously? If I was a cop and ran into ANYBODY this size and the situation was even remotely dangerous I would taze the shit out of him.

Sounds like Herman. I think he gets bored easily and probably looks for trouble. I'm sure he's been arrested a few times.

Assault isn't techinically physically touching someone is the thing. Assault is simply "a fear of an unwanted touch" so technically when we were all in middle school with a friend going "don't touch me" and we were holding our fingers an inch from their eye or something that's assault.

oh, So cops can pretty much charge every person in every stop with assaulting an officer then.

They don't, it's idiotic bullshit made up to get gullible anti-establishment idiots to act like the idiots they are when the police are near.

The fact that Herman did that with his child in the car is really fucking stupid.

With that said, I do get a lol out of the cop not wanting to show his drivers license because it has his address on there. It's pretty simple to find out where anyone lives if they own a house - which most cops will in Indiana.

Is 3 fucking miles just "a bit farther"?

From the AVVO link posted earlier:

a-FUCKING-men goddamn.

Got it, you know if you drive 10 feet over what ever number the officer has in his head he will then proceed to being *annoyed* and therefore automatically tase you as soon as you step out of the car with your hands up about to get down onto your stomach.

Got it, logic at its best.

On a side note, if he did 80 miles an hour trying to evade cops i would understand but him going at a normal speed, while yielding properly and following the law just so he can pull over at a more proper area is not a crime..... 3 miles in a car on a highway is 5 minutes.....Nothing he did was illegal or unreasonable.... From any aspect.

Back