VIDEO: Dave Herman tased by cops

Good. He deserved it. How many opportunities to turn around with his hands up and get on his knees do they need to give him?

He didn't stop and drove for 3 miles. Then asking for 3 forms of id when the cops are clearly in uniform is just being an awkward dick.

I'm gald they tasered him.

Good. He deserved it. How many opportunities to turn around with his hands up and get on his knees do they need to give him?

That's not even the issue I had. Herman had his hands up while they were screaming at him, then he dropped them and turned towards them. Odds are it wasn't aggressive, but cops can't take chances.

The cops were right to be on edge. Herman drove 3 miles before pulling over then he jumped out of his vehicle. Add that to him not cooperating, then making a move in their direction, it's no wonder they shot him.

I'm totally against police brutality, but this was totally justified.

I was surprised to see the cop show his department ID through the window. I've watched a lot of police interaction videos, and this is only the second time where I've seen the cop provide photo ID upon request.

Demanding 3 forms of ID does make you look like a sovereign citizen, but demanding to inspect photo ID is prudent.

I believe 3 forms of ID is false. However, there are a lot of imposters out there.

At least the police didn't sexually abuse Mrs Herman. I'm sure that's what would've happened if she left the safety of her vehicle.

Cops have to show 3 forms of id, true or false

False I believe, and Herman should have just cooperated. However the police used excessive force way too quickly and this is a tamer incident than what happens everyday in this country with zero accountability for police.

What the fuck is wrong with American cops?

Where I live cops are extremely civil and will try to defuse the situation.

Don't they administer tests for recruits, seems like the requirements to be a cop in America are extremely low. Be a thug and that's pretty much it.

Considering a bunch of cops just recently basically got EXECUTED in the street and he drove three miles with the cops behind him wanting him to pull over, that would put them on a heighten sense of "wtf is this guy going to do?"

Look at those pieces of fucking shit puffing their chests when they handcuffed him, I bet he got bullied in school.

Police are way out of control, and everyone jumps to conclusions and assumes the citizen is at fault instead of the power tripping pigs. There needs to be more accountability for police because right now it's like we have Blackwater/Academi is playing in our own backyard, and the police are becoming increasingly militarized.

This isn't an isolated incident and is common.

One of my good friends is a police chief and says this is absolutely true.

He says its not about militarization as much, its about the fact that the economy is in such a bad downturn that men and women who have no business being police are fighting for those jobs due to their stability.

Justified.

You can't be 6'5" 250lbs and advance on the cops. I thought we just established that.

The use of force was justified. Herman doesn't have a leg to stand on in court.

First, by his wife's own account, he drove three miles after being flashed by police to pull over.

Second, he got out of his vehicle.

Third, despite the cops being in uniform and in police vehicles, he crazily demanded to see three forms of ID - even though by his wife's own account Herman should've known exactly why the police were pulling him over.

Fourth, Herman was warned of the consequences of not complying with a lawful order - and he still failed to comply, anyway.

He got exactly what he deserved.

glad i'm not the only one thinking he didn't comply with their requests, which his wife fails to mention. Also, coming out of your vehicle is a big NO-NO, not just in the states. Surprised he didn't get killed at that point. Tasered seems like he got off lightly.

The 3 miles argument is BS. How can you expect the police to be "Oh, they are not stoping, they are probably looking for a well lit, secure area to pull over.". Also, you wanted a well lit area so you can record? WTF?

That said, i still think:
- LEO should have had their recording devices on;
- they were trying to intimidate the wife (half an hour seems waaay too long);
- they should have disclosed the reasons for holding him (as explained above, i think they are in the clear).

Don't know much about USA laws, but the 3 forms of identification seems BS. What would fall under that? ID and drivers licence, sure. What else? Birth certificate? AmEx? Blockbuster member card?

Back