VIDEO: Dave Herman tased by cops

From what i've seen/know it seems there is fault on both sides. That being said-is the level of force used justified?, i don't think so. From the clip Dave isn't yelling, swearing, uttering threats, appear to be drunk/high, holding a weapon, etc. Police are taught (supposedly) to use different levels of force to match the threat...in this case it's a bit excessive imo.

He didn't pull over for three miles after being flashed.

He then stepped out of his vehicle when he finally stopped.

He didn't comply with lawful order.

He was warned of what would happen if he continued to fail to comply with lawful order.

He's a large, young, fit man who looks like he can handle himself.

The cops did exactly what they should've done. Herman had every opportunity to make his encounter with the police that night a smooth and uneventful one, and he failed to do so.

cold blooded.
tumblr_lkwlj424YI1qjiyyuo1_400.gif

He was warned of what would happen if he continued to fail to comply with lawful order.

The cops did exactly what they should've done. Herman had every opportunity to make his encounter with the police that night a smooth and uneventful one, and he failed to do so.

/thread.

If Dave was explosive and athletic he would've gotten something worse than a taser.

From what i've seen/know it seems there is fault on both sides. That being said-is the level of force used justified?, i don't think so. From the clip Dave isn't yelling, swearing, uttering threats, appear to be drunk/high, holding a weapon, etc.

You obviously didn't watch the video because he was shouting and talking nonsense.

"Who are you?
I've never met you before!
This is bullshit!"

Judging by Daves reaction, it would be fair to say he may have been drunk, or high, mentally unstable, aggressive, has a warrant for his arrest or god knows what else.

I don't know how anyone could watch this video and not think Dave is a fucking idiot. Fuck people like this. Pull over and cooperate. End of story.

Dumbasses act like Dumbasses. He and his wife are 100% at fault. And the video evidence proves that.

Judging by Daves reaction, it would be fair to say he may have been drunk, or high, mentally unstable, aggressive, has a warrant for his arrest or god knows what else.

The cops might also have deduced this if they were familiar with his mma career

You may have misunderstood me. That is his point. You used to have police who didn't have education, but had the qualities expected of someone in that position like grace under pressure, a calm, heroic demeanor, etc.

Now the police academy is fully of educated people who had other things planned for their lives but settle for working their way up as a police officer. By default, they are taking the jobs from others due to their education even though those degrees don't prepare you for the stresses of the job.

The qualities associated with education are usually the qualities associated with other admirable traits.

Do you really believe there was some golden age of policing where uneducated cops were calm, heroic, and had grace under pressure, but that the poor economy has driven the people with those qualities out of the force, and now we have highly-educated nitwits power tripping in their uniforms?

The use of force was justified. Herman doesn't have a leg to stand on in court.

First, by his wife's own account, he drove three miles after being flashed by police to pull over.

Second, he got out of his vehicle.

Third, despite the cops being in uniform and in police vehicles, he crazily demanded to see three forms of ID - even though by his wife's own account Herman should've known exactly why the police were pulling him over.

Fourth, Herman was warned of the consequences of not complying with a lawful order - and he still failed to comply, anyway.

He got exactly what he deserved.

Does that include the trumped up charges the cops use to cover their own conduct?

This.

Also this whole "3 ID" thing seems to me like some Urban Legend. Notice the credentials of the people replying to this person's 3 ID question

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/if-you-ask-a-police-officer-for-three-forms-of-ide-1692104.html

I am far from a fan of police but yea, they were totally justified with that they did.

Where I live cops are extremely civil and will try to defuse the situation.

In america cops dont try to defuse a situation, they try to control it. The guy asking for ID is trying to control the situation and the cops wont have any of that.

Imagine if every time a police officer felt threatened they just stood by and let themselves get assaulted.

Dude put himself in a situation where this was a very likely outcome. Nobody to blame but himself.

Does that include the trumped up charges the cops use to cover their own conduct?

That is the more pertinent issue that will kind of get overlooked because of how the hermans acted, it's sad, but they kind of escalated everything

Hmmmm, seems I stepped into a War Room thread by accident.

Imagine if every time a police officer felt threatened they just stood by and let themselves get assaulted.

Dude put himself in a situation where this was a very likely outcome. Nobody to blame but himself.

The problem is that cops feel threatened way too much and end up killing and injuring people, meanwhile not a scratch to be seen on the cops, only dead and injured citizens to show for their "feeling threatened"

What the fuck is wrong with American cops?

Where I live cops are extremely civil and will try to defuse the situation.

Don't they administer tests for recruits, seems like the requirements to be a cop in America are extremely low. Be a thug and that's pretty much it.

in america crazy people can buy guns and morons who dont believe in government therefore cops arent legal. yes, this is what the hermans believe

that is some bullshit rofl, your not gona pull over in the middle of a fucking highway with a child in your car on a icy road, its percfectly normal to drive a bit to a better area, at least one were you can actually feel safe in.

Why was he tased rofl...... The fuck, had his hands up, was about to go face down, he asked for some ID in a non offensive matter without swearing or being aggressive....

This is some bullshit, oh and now cops *i wasn't on to record anything* excuse, GG.

That is the more pertinent issue that will kind of get overlooked because of how the hermans acted, it's sad, but they kind of escalated everything

Put the tin foil hat away for a bit. Do we even know the reason for the stop? Could have been changing lanes with a turn signal, headlight out, who knows? What we do know is that any one of these things no matter how minor is justification to make a traffic stop. Herman's behavior is what justified him getting tazed, not the stop itself.

There is no need to "trump up charges" as you said.

Back