VIDEO: Dave Herman tased by cops

One of my good friends is a police chief and says this is absolutely true.

He says its not about militarization as much, its about the fact that the economy is in such a bad downturn that men and women who have no business being police are fighting for those jobs due to their stability.

Your police chief friend sounds like a moron.

When the economy is hurting, there is more competition for jobs and hence a large pool of more qualified applicants to pick from.

As the old liberal politician Eugene McCarthy used to say, the trains always ran so well during the Great Depression because even really smart people were trying to become train conductors at that time.

Herman now will get to sue the police department and make more money than he did in his UFC career

He was in no way showing himself to be a threat that had to be tazed, part of his settlement should be getting to taze those douchebags on a power trip

3 forms of identity?

pshhh

glad i'm not the only one thinking he didn't comply with their requests, which his wife fails to mention. Also, coming out of your vehicle is a big NO-NO, not just in the states. Surprised he didn't get killed at that point. Tasered seems like he got off lightly.

The 3 miles argument is BS. How can you expect the police to be "Oh, they are not stoping, they are probably looking for a well lit, secure area to pull over.". Also, you wanted a well lit area so you can record? WTF?

That said, i still think:
- LEO should have had their recording devices on;
- they were trying to intimidate the wife (half an hour seems waaay too long);
- they should have disclosed the reasons for holding him (as explained above, i think they are in the clear).

Don't know much about USA laws, but the 3 forms of identification seems BS. What would fall under that? ID and drivers licence, sure. What else? Birth certificate? AmEx? Blockbuster member card?

How about badge and police ID lol

The problem is that cops are afraid of everyone .

handgun2.jpg

Because everyone in America has access to one of these^

I think that if it were Lorenz Larkin or John "Doomsday" Howard, things would've turned out quite differently.

When the economy is hurting, there is more competition for jobs and hence a large pool of more qualified applicants to pick from.

As the old liberal politician Eugene McCarthy used to say, the trains always ran so well during the Great Depression because even really smart people were trying to become train conductors at that time.

And as Jeremy Clarkson once said when the trains stopped running on time is when Germany started to invade everyone.

Herman now will get to sue the police department and make more money than he did in his UFC career

He was in no way showing himself to be a threat that had to be tazed, part of his settlement should be getting to taze those douchebags on a power trip

Yeah, good luck with that court case, Dershowitz.

Herman was given warning of what would happen by not complying with a legal order, and the cops had justification for thinking he was a threat. End of story.

What the fuck is wrong with American cops?

Where I live cops are extremely civil and will try to defuse the situation.

Don't they administer tests for recruits, seems like the requirements to be a cop in America are extremely low. Be a thug and that's pretty much it.

There a plenty of good cops. I've been pulled over multiple times. I just cooperate and I'm honest. It's annoying as shit, but there's never an issue. But, especially recently, people are starting to get smart and push the boundaries and poke the bear, which puts cops in an uncomfortable position. Since they're trained to treat every incident as if it were a worst case scenario, this is just playing with fire.

I'm not cop sympathizer, but I'm in the side that people should be respectful towards police. 99.9% of police brutality incident wouldn't happen if people just cooperated. But, a lot don't. They act like Herman did, they'll drive 3 miles before pulling over (which is pretty sketch), they jump out of their car and mouth off (a big no no), they even advance towards police (DEFINITELY a no no)

Maybe it was the "I can't breathe" bumper sticker that got them all hot?

Last edited:
So why was he unwilling to pull over in the first place? Why was he under the impression he was going to be shot for having his 4-ways on? Had he just pulled over and remained in his car, he likely would have just been let go.

Could you imagine if every time a cop tried to pull someone over, the car just kept going? That's pretty shady. It suggests that something is going on inside that car, which puts those police at risk and on edge.

These people created a scene just so they could record it. What ****ing idiot drives for 3 miles, steps out of his car and walks toward the police shouting? He got what he deserved and his wife is an idiot.

So why was he unwilling to pull over in the first place? Why was he under the impression he was going to be shot for having his 4-ways on? Had he just pulled over and remained in his car, he likely would have just been let go.

Could you imagine if every time a cop tried to pull someone over, the car just kept going? That's pretty shady. It suggests that something is going on inside that car, which puts those police at risk and on edge.

These people created a scene just so they could record it. What ****ing idiot drives for 3 miles, steps out of his car and walks toward the police shouting? He got what he deserved and his wife is an idiot.

His wife said they were looking for the first well-lit area to pull over. Good thing they weren't out on the one of those long stretches of dark interstate found in the middle of the country or they might still be driving.

It's pretty clear Dave and his wife are anti-cop given their insistence on seeing 3 forms of ID.

It's also a given that civilians have to follow an incomprehensible number of rules and the police don't. You're not allowed to lie to a police officer. They are allowed to lie to you non-stop. You do it and it's potentially a criminal charge. A cop does it and it's "detective work".

I've seen many videos go this route with people legally open carrying weapons in states where it's actually allowed. I think it's stupid and prefer the conceal carry laws of Texas, but watching police harass, arrest and even injure people who aren't breaking any laws is pretty disturbing.

Probably the #1 thing that got Dave in trouble was exiting the car and approaching the officers. Had he stayed in his vehicle with his hands on the 10 and 2 with ID ready to go they would have given him shit for not pulling over earlier and that would have been the end of it.

The path of least resistance is the one the police like to walk you down. Respect the authority (or at least the very life-threatening reality of non-compliance) and you'll generally have no issues.

His wife said they were looking for the first well-lit area to pull over.

I realise that. But why? Why did they need to be in the presence of cameras and good lighting if he was just being pulled over for having his 4-ways on? He obviously had the intent of creating a scene.

I realise that. But why? Why did they need to be in the presence of cameras and good lighting if he was just being pulled over for having his 4-ways on? He obviously had the intent of creating a scene.

I know that, and you know that. I have no sympathy for the man.

But I was focusing on the part of your comment which asked why he drove three miles after he was flashed to pull over. And the answer is, he was looking for a well-lit area to pull over.

I'm not saying that's a reasonable answer, but that's the one he's giving.

Wow how can the police justify tazering him..

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue what its like to be in law enforcement. 1st off, he didn't stop for 3 miles?? You don't think that would put police on edge as far as who the hell this guy is and what is frame of mind is?? 2nd he kept turning around. You want a smooth traffic stop with no issues, do what police tell you to do. Don't start yelling nonsense like "I don't know who you are!!" and other things that make you question someones mental frame of mind. Police don't know this guy, just know he didn't stop for them, is yelling crazy shit, and won't follow instructions, and oh yeah, he's built like a fricken tank and if he went squirelly could literally kill you...like a professional mma fighter could. There is no issues with this stop or the fact that he got tazed.

From what i've seen/know it seems there is fault on both sides. That being said-is the level of force used justified?, i don't think so. From the clip Dave isn't yelling, swearing, uttering threats, appear to be drunk/high, holding a weapon, etc. Police are taught (supposedly) to use different levels of force to match the threat...in this case it's a bit excessive imo. Cops now a days jump through those levels a lot faster, this is weak police work. I consider it laziness to jump to the harshest option, and don't give me the "it's a dangerous job" line, yes it CAN be, however being a taxi driver is more dangerous (among many others).

- http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/01/15/these-are-the-top-10-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-u-s/

- http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2013/08/22/americas-10-deadliest-jobs-2/

- http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/10-most-dangerous-jobs-us-1.aspx

One fat cop singing 'Shake it off' on YT isn't gonna resolve the fact that policing practise's have degraded over the years.

Right. It's not the murders of innocent people but the tasering of MMA fighters. This world is so crazy.

Stop being a smartass. No shit cops have done far worse. That doesn't change the nature of the situation.

You may have misunderstood me. That is his point. You used to have police who didn't have education, but had the qualities expected of someone in that position like grace under pressure, a calm, heroic demeanor, etc.

Now the police academy is fully of educated people who had other things planned for their lives but settle for working their way up as a police officer. By default, they are taking the jobs from others due to their education even though those degrees don't prepare you for the stresses of the job.

Anyone ever watch cops? The minute you dont pull over they go bat shit crazy and try to shock and awe you when you finally pull over. You could be deaf and didn't notice them for 5 minutes and when u do they'll smash your window out and pull u through it and pile on u while screaming at you not to resist.

Cops #1 priority is eliminating any risk to themselves...their procedures are designed with this only in mind...not citizens rights.

Herman was acting like a loonatic, completely justified to taze him. If I'm a cop, I'm thinking he's gotta be tripping on something.

Back