Video: Dana White on Frankie:"Why you mad? You are the one who turned down the fight."

Now Frankie knows how to handle this situation in the future.

Dana: Frankie, you want the McGregor fight?
Frankie: Yeah, I'll take it.
Dana: What? Wait, did you say yes you'll take it?
Frankie: Yes, I said yes, give it to me.
Dana: Uh, I'm not sure we can do that, I thought I heard someone say you might be injured.
Frankie: Yeah, I just had fuckin' groin surgery 3 days ago, asshole.
Dana: I thought so, well don't say we didn't offer you the fight.
Frankie: And don't say I turned it down fuck face.

Even if he did accept the fight there's no guarantee he'd get it, he accepted the fight with Conor last year and they still gave it to Mendes.

I'd like to see Dana explain that one.

Uhh did you not see the part where Dana clearly says he didn't know Frankie was hurt before calling him?

You must be a foolt if you believe anything that is coming out of Dana White mouth. Hes been caught lying before.

I dunno, I was backing Edgar but at the same time GSP fought Thaigo Aves with pulled groin, not a groin that you've been rehabbing for 4 weeks and still have another 2 to go, it's pretty obvious coming in injury free to a match is rare, so yes Edgar did turn down a fight.

Nothing wrong with mind you, guy has more balls then me, I'm just saying they did call him and he did turn it down

Frankie didn't pulled his groin, you idiot, he tore that sht. Pretty sure Gsp pulled his groin during the fight too. Get your facts straight

Now Frankie knows how to handle this situation in the future.

Dana: Frankie, you want the McGregor fight?
Frankie: Yeah, I'll take it.
Dana: What? Wait, did you say yes you'll take it?
Frankie: Yes, I said yes, give it to me.
Dana: Uh, I'm not sure we can do that, I thought I heard someone say you might be injured.
Frankie: Yeah, I just had fuckin' groin surgery 3 days ago, asshole.
Dana: I thought so, well don't say we didn't offer you the fight.
Frankie: And don't say I turned it down fuck face.

this is a quality post to match a quality avatar.

The only thing I got from the interview is that Dana admitted that he's Conor's bitch.

Notice how all the fighters who have Conor in their heads end up injured just before the potential fight.

Yeah because someone is going to give up the biggest payday of their life without a legitimate reason. Are you seriously implying they are afraid of Conor? Shit, I would fight Conor for that payday and I'm walking around at 5'9" 158 and have never fought in an MMA bout.

I have an ice cold Aquafina waiting for you once you're done sucking on Conor's nuts.

No one is afraid of conor.RDA didnt throw the biggest pay day of his life away on short notice cos he's scared gimme a break. Aldo actually was gotten to by conor and went in there and faced his destiny anyway.

interesting that aldo and frankie were the first to be asked (5'6 160-170 walk around weight guys) pretty sure they were told that the fight would be at 155 and no 145 belt on the line. So why would aldo or frankie take the fight on a week notice against a full camp conor, regardless if they were injured or not? when they are both deserving of a rematch and title shot not a fight that they are at a disadvantage

dana white is a joke that doesnt treat ufc fighters equally he should stick to promoting, sitting up the octagon, and arranging the music

Last edited:
Don't get mad at me because I make empty offers, asshole.

I still don't get why there is so much intrigue in an Edgar fight. If Conor has any success at LW or WW there are way more options, and better fights to be made. Why would he give a shit about the FW division?

Dana now is basically that Frankie wasn't willing to fight hurt, that he could have/should have toughed it out and taken the opportunity.

It's amazing that Dana actually stooped to going to this length. He must be incredibly bitter about RDA getting injured and pulling out, so he's letting out his frustrations by expecting fighters to risk taking fights while injured, and inappropriately chastising them for not doing so.

cuz he is a shady promoter that wants to place mcgregour in the best possible light and maintain a false narrative?

Exactly.

Dana's an idiot.

Tried offering a fight to fighter who wasn't medically cleared.

Tried offering the fight to a fighter they suspended 3 days prior.

Tried offering a fight to a fighter who was injured.

Dana's an idiot.

Dana is right on this one. Frankie was offered the fight so injured or not he can't really bitch about anything.

Frankie isn't mad because he didn't get the fight. He's mad because Dana threw him under the bus. Don't publicly make a guy seem like he's a pussy because he has a legitimate injury, that's just some low class shit.

Dana is a proper arsehole. If there was a real alternative with someone like Scott Coker heading it he could probably make a big shot at overtaking the UFC.
Its pretty disgusting how much he shits on the guys that made his company what it is.
When Conor took a year off to talk shit whilst rehabbing his injury no one said he was ducking everyone

The torn groin was 4 weeks ago. While he would have been out of shape cardio wise he could have fought. But he didn't want to lose. The only way he could convince himself he does have a chance is with a full camp.

Didn't watch the video, but from reading the comments it just sounds like classic Dana.

Yeah because someone is going to give up the biggest payday of their life without a legitimate reason. Are you seriously implying they are afraid of Conor? Shit, I would fight Conor for that payday and I'm walking around at 5'9" 158 and have never fought in an MMA bout.

I explained it in this thread already. Those fighters are not ducking anyone and they are really injured. Conor simply got in their head and caused them to train recklessly, because they could not handle the pressure of having to win.

Nate will be an interesting fight because that is very unlikely to be the case. And he will be the bigger opponent with a significant height/reach advantage.

Its mind boggling that around here, you get some of the same people saying fighters are amazing people who shouldnt be disrespected and even when it looks like they are going to lose they should be confident and anything they say is just promoting their brand and the fight and then immediately dump on fighters for speaking up against management to protect their brand. To quote so many who use this when a clear underdog is talking about their upcoming fight as though they know they will win, "What else is he supposed to say?" Edgar gets thrown under the bus as the face of 'those fighters who turned down McGregor' and he's supposed to just shrug and keep doing his job without protecting his brand?

I dont like or follow Edgar and have only marginally followed the sport lately and I knew he was out with an injury before the RDA injury. That Zuffa seems not to have known is confusing.

Dana needs to get through his thick biased head that you can't offer fights to someone incapable to fight. Frankie can't turn down a fight because there is no possible fight for him when he is injured.

The more I see Dana's logic the more I lose respect for him.

That's right.

It be like offering Dana a million dollars if he grew some hair in two weeks.

Back