Video: Dana White on Frankie:"Why you mad? You are the one who turned down the fight."

Did you see Frankie's explanation yesterday where he says he sent both Dana and the UFC his MRI that shows he had a torn groin? I mean you have guys like Ivanhoe who are even so delusional he'll even go as far as saying something like "nowhere did Frankie say he sent told them BEFORE Dana called him. Even though it's obvious he did or he wouldnt be so pissed. I guess it's easier for some of you guys to believe pro fighters are sensitive little pussies who have no reason to be upset with a promoter who tells lies for a living and routinely throws his employees under the bus.

Provide proof that Frankie said he sent them to Dana before the inquiry.

Most bosses or clients won't give a shit why you didnt show for something important only that you didnt. Dana is no different. Cry somewhere else emo Franky.

I swear half the people on sherdog are probably unemployable.

Dana isn't "most bosses or clients". He's president of the premier MMA organization in the world. He knows anything he says about a fighter will reflect on that fighter.

He's meant to be a promoter, but he promotes less people on the roster than he throws under the bus.

Some people love him for his "straight talk", but he doesn't talk straight. He pushes the moneymakers and bullies everyone else into doing what he needs. I appreciate that this is a business and he's maximizing profit for his company, but it's a pretty bad position for fighters who aren't in his small clutch of stars.

He has hundreds of fighters but each of those fighters only has one career, and he's at his absolute worst when he's trying to bully a fighter into taking a short notice fight. These guys only fight two or three times a year, each fight they take is incredibly important. Camps are incredibly important. Fighters should never be expected to take a fight on short notice, especially if they have already earned something significant. A guy like Nate doesn't care, he hasn't worked himself in the position to get a great fight so this is such a great opportunity he's willing to take it without having any camp at all. Someone on a streak would have to be insane to take a fight under these conditions.

Dana's statement that this is a sport of opportunity doesn't speak well for his company. He's basically saying you can't count on doing all the right things and earning the great fights, you need to get lucky. That's a pretty bad formula.

Frankie should respond in this exact words. "YOU MADE IT OUT LIKE I DIDN'T ACCEPT THE FIGHT BECAUSE I WAS SCARED OF CONOR! I'M INJURED! IF I WERE HEALTHY. I WOULD HAVE FOUGHT CONOR AT ANY WEIGHT CLASS! WHY KICK ME WHILE I'M DOWN? I'M HURT. I'M NOT MAKING ANY MONEY WHILE HURT AND IT SUCKS. YOU KNOW IF I WERE GOOD TO GO AND HEALTHY I'D FIGHT CONOR. I'M ALWAYS IN SHAPE TO FIGHT ANY TIME. THE TIME THAT I'M NOT IN FIGHT SHAPE IS WHEN I'M HURT."

I know I'm in the minority but I find Edgar rather boring and he overrates his value in the UFC.

You can offer a fight to a guy who isn't medically cleared all you want... The fight won't be allowed to happen though.

Dana isn't wrong with his statements, they are totally correct, it is not in his best interest or goes along with business sense to add superfluous information.

Why is it superfluous? it is superfluous to the UFC as an org,
1. offer Frankie fight
2. Frankie declines

that's all you need to know.

This is just like real life, you ask 2 contractors to paint your house, one guy says he can only paint 1 hour every other day and not on weekends b/c he has to pick up his kids and take watch the football game.

The other contractor says, yes.

Do you really give a shit that the other guy has other shit to do, or do you just want your house painted?

The information is not superfluous.

These guys are professional fighters which means they're marketing a brand that will directly influence how much money they can make. If the boss says something that indicates you were afraid to fight, it hurts your brand. Choosing the right words is incredibly important, and you're either a good business partner or you aren't. Dana is only a good business partner to a very small, select group of fighters.

You can offer a fight to a guy who isn't medically cleared all you want... The fight won't be allowed to happen though.

That's why I said Frankie should have accepted the fight. Then when Frankie hobbled in to the medicals and the fight got cancelled with no time left we could listen to Dana's tantrum about how it was all Edgar's fault for not letting him know he was injured.

Frankie should have taken the fight the pulled out fight night.

Provide proof that Frankie said he sent them to Dana before the inquiry.
Well, I believe it since most of Sherdog already knew he was injured and couldn't take the fight before we even knew Dana reached out to Edgar. People already knew it here somehow, I'm sure Dana should've known and shouldn't be so offended by Edgar when Dana himself put him in the same class as fighters who basically ducked the fight.

They wanted to sell the idea that Frankie had been asking for the fight but really didn't want it and this proved it.

Dana set it up for Conor to make the accusation at the press conference instead of saying they knew 10 days before asking Frankie had been injured and was a long shot to take the fight. A fight they didn't even guarantee him when they made the "offer".

Well, I believe it since most of Sherdog already knew he was injured and couldn't take the fight before we even knew Dana reached out to Edgar. People already knew it here somehow, I'm sure Dana should've known and shouldn't be so offended by Edgar when Dana himself put him in the same class as fighters who basically ducked the fight.
Yep. Frankie had notified the UFC ten days prior so Dana definitely knew. But the idea was put out there like he was exaggerating an injury he basically made up only after being "offered" the fight.

Last edited:
Uhh because Dana was aware that Frankie was unable to fight and was kept in the loop of his surgery, then used him to further the star power of another fighter on the roster at the expense of besmirching Frankies character. Frankie, an employee who played balled with the UFC for years and was their champion.

All of this. Kudos to you! Kudos!

eN73UJW.jpg

86'd said:
Uhh because Dana was aware that Frankie was unable to fight and was kept in the loop of his surgery, then used him to further the star power of another fighter on the roster at the expense of besmirching Frankies character. Frankie, an employee who played balled with the UFC for years and was their champion.

All of this. Kudos to you! Kudos!

eN73UJW.jpg

People who deny 86'd's explanation would no doubt deny Michelle as well.

Frankies mad because of the way Dana said it originally. Made it sound like Frankie was afraid. Not cool. Frankie is one of the most fearless fighters out there.

Dana is a giant goof, "he was given the opportunity and turned it down"... That's because he is injured. That's like getting a chick you've been wanting to bang forever and she knows that and knows you're out of town and trolls you like "Hey! Come over tonight"..

Fak Dana and that Ho.

The fact that DFW asked Edgar if he could fight means nothing. If Frankie Edgar was fit and healthy and had said yes he still wouldn't have gotten the fight.
bro ur so right besided the phone call. if frankie was fit for fight dana would have never called him.

frankie is right to be angry. dana made it sound like frankie ducked mcjoker. dana should have said we offered fight to frankie but he couldn't take it cuz he just had groin surgery. but nope, dana wants causal fan to believe than everyone said no to the fight besides nate. you have to understand that people who dont follow mma sites like us dont know shit about teh status and injuries of fighters so in their eyes it will look like everyone ducked and thats y frankie is mad.

Back