Video: Dana White on Frankie:"Why you mad? You are the one who turned down the fight."

You are stuck in direct content, the smallest percentage of actual communication friend. Wait, when I said "friend" did you think I factually meant you are my friend? If so, you must be a smart boy? Wait, when I said "you must be a smart boy" did you think I meant you are smart, or do you understand by context that I'm IMPLYING just the opposite?

Frankie isn't offended by Dana's literal words, he was offended by Dana's implication. Dana intended for people to perceive fighters as ducking a possible fight with Conor in order to build Conor's star power. It was IMPLIED, not literally said but clearly implied, that Frankie was dodging a fight with Conor. Thus Frankie was offended because he has always been a good company man, but Dana is happy to throw Frankie's star power under the bus in order to build Conor's.
No Dana is not trying to build Conors star power up. You are reading too much into that. Conors star power has already been built. He's a champion, he's fighting in higher weight classes, he doesn't care who he fights, he's the UFC's biggest star. That's all been established WAY before Frankie ever turned down the fight. Frankie is mad at Dana because he thinks he looks bad when Dana said Frankie turned down the fight, which in fact Frankie did. The only person Frankie should be mad at is himself for not staying healthy enough to take a fight when the oppurtunity is presented. He's being a passive aggressive little crybaby when literally everyone with two eyes and ears can tell/understand the difference between a fighter turning down a fight because he is injuried vs not wanting to fight because he's scared. All Dana has to say is Frankie turned down the fight because that's the truth of the matter. Everyone else knows the reasons behind Frankie turning down the fight. That's common knowledge. Frankie is upset about how he will be perceived and that my "friend" is Frankie's personal problem. Not Danas

Back